Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Lots of vitamin C and D. If I feel something is coming down, I double the intake.

How much do you normally take? Because I typically arrive at work before the sun rises and leave after it sets during the winter, I take a Vit D supplement. Unfortunately, I haven't lately...

C-500mg a day, double or triple that when I feel something in my throat.
D-5000 IU, and double or triple when starting to feel something.

Interesting. I think I've only been taking (when I do take my multi) 1000 IU. I think I'll just buy a new thing thing of vits next time I'm out or when my wife goes out for me.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Do the best you can buddy. One day at a time. One foot in front of another.

And like you.... I really enjoy being on here. Reading, learning, and how to think about new concepts really helps me a lot as well. The past couple of years have been better since I have been on here.

I feel you, brother. I used to think people were absolutely ridiculous when they would share things like I'm sharing now. I've come to realize that, regardless of whether I agree with some of you on every topic, you're all smart dudes and dudettes and that you've contributed to my level of knowledge and understanding, even if it's something other than for oil-related topics.

It's odd to say this about an oil forum, but I'll find myself thinking to post here for just about everything, especially after not finding a clear answer online.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Down with something now.
The pain is unreal. Comes for a few hours and then goes. Headache. Runny nose.
Temp goes from 98 to 102 and down again within bourse.
I got the flu shot.
Not going to the doctor as there isnt much for them to do.
Seriously the pain is unreal. Wife has it too. We think the germ monger seven year old brought something home.

I got last years early on . Not so terrible at first but it morphed into a constant barking coughs. Stayed with me a month and I’m not sickly. Everybody else I knew went tight into dr and got whatever those cleanish horse pills are the look like big vitamin D pills. Every [censored] one was fully back within a week. I spent far more in cough medicines ect than I would have for the copay. Won’t be doing that again, duhhhh.

Someone once said zinc pills helps reduce cold...?

Rest, drink lots of fluids, chicken soup and constantly wash hands as soon as you get home from the grocery store or work. And definitely avoid touching your face with your hands.

Eat a healthy diet, get lots of rest. When you are not sick get some exercise.
Treat your body like we treat our vehicles.

and Get Well Soon

Last edited:
I use zinc lozenges when I feel something coming on and swear by them. I’m usually back to myself in 2 or 3 days.
Sister loads up on vitamin C and says it helps her...
YMMV.....

Skyactiv, I thought I was the only one who exhales when someone coughs near me. lol I think a lot of people who have significant others get sick because the chances of both people being germ conscious isn't very likely.

I had one sickness since 2011, it was recent and the standard bad cold. lasted 4-5 days. lucky I guess. I also took zinc pills- walmart generic for zycam. $4 cheaper than the original.

Im still looking for a wifi extender, comcast gave me a new router about the time the old apple router died. bought a new extender but it did not help much.
have a 10 yr old car and a 19 year old car and I go internet on maintaining them.
lots of knowledge on these boating forums.

Last edited:
Been hit hard this year as well.....usually pretty healthy!

Crazy weather this year maybe is kicking my butt...

To me, there are a couple of things that help (in addition to a flu shot before the holidays): Don't hide from germs and other sick folks to build up an immunity, and get out in the fresh air for at least 15 minutes each day, preferably a half hour so that fresh and germ free air circulates throughout your system. Maybe not the suggestions of the AMA, but it has worked for me over several decades of working in close quarters in the winter months with lots of other folks.

Last edited:
We do HOT YOGA. If the concept of exercising threatens or belittles you, STOP READING.
It's yoga done in a 105 degree F room with moisture added.
It promotes all the flexibility and strengthening effects you could possibly imagine.

Some people feel the setting breeds germs. We feel we're being toughened up due to it.....if true.

The flu is serious...it's not just a fancy way to say "bad cold". People die from it!

If so, may I have your toaster oven?

Originally Posted By: Kira
The flu is serious...it's not just a fancy way to say "bad cold". People die from it!

crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira

crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

You may, but would first need some excerpts from "Recipes for a Bachelor: How To cook with a toaster Oven"
...just to know it is good hands

It's odd to say this about an oil forum, but I'll find myself thinking to post here for just about everything, especially after not finding a clear answer online.

People here are more mature, and willing to give sound advice.

Sounds like you've had a really lousy winter.
I've had a couple of what might have been very mild colds and nothing else.
I do take a multi vitamin supplement most days. I don't know that it does any real good but it probably does no harm. Started this a few years back at my wife's insistence.
Wife has had her usual winter sinus infection, but she's better now after a day or so of feeling really bad, bad enough to leave work early and see her doctor.
Anyway, I give you my best wishes for a speedy return to robust good health and I can offer you the encouragement that winter is now on the wane. The days are now noticeably longer and the weather is growing warmer, although you may see more lingering cold there than we will here.
We did have a couple of below 10F mornings last week following a decently disruptive fall of snow, but it's above freezing now and will be for the next forty eight hours.
15F Monday morning, but that's still nearly thirty degrees warmer than our low this winter.

1. Gargle 2x/day with warm, salt water.
2. Drink at least 3 liters/quarts of water/day. Pee the bug out of your system.
3. Hot chicken soup with a big squeeze of Sriracha (Rooster) Sauce.

I rely on lots of hydration, salt water gargles, and hot, spicy soups and foods like Kung Pao Chicken, tortilia soup, pasole, roasted corn & potato chowder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back