My First 24 hours being sick,CV19

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, had to moderate one post that was making a veiled political point. One more and it's lock time.

I’ve had it. A couple of days of chills. No appetite. Loss of smell. Weird thing is, I never caught it until I was jabbed. Go figure.

People probably getting more relax in their preventative measures after jabs became more common. And the jab prevents serious illness, not against getting infected apparently

Wife brought it home from work around the new year. Previously, I had two vaccines from two differing companies. ( J then P). But last "booster" (full dose P) shot was a year earlier.

I didn't get it for many days then got hit. RA Tested + twice in a row over two days. Was like a moderate chest cold/bronchitis but sort of odd. Started out my sinus felt like there was a beetle crawling in there, then got sniffles for about a day. They went way, then it moved "down" and I got the chest congestion and coughing for many days. Then it cleared up after about a short week. Felt really good after for about 2 days but then had some heart twinges for a month then they went away.
I had another and likely worse strain of this before when it first hit the US. Was feverish, felt like the flu but lost sense of smell and some taste for a week. Was very weak. Then I had a hard time breathing in my sleep for months after. Didn't like that first strain at all!

@Revving2Redline Get well!

Last edited:
The wife and I have avoided it so far, as well as one friend. On #5, and soon to be #6 I hear.
Most people I know that got it were in crowds of some type.

I had it about this time last year. Cracking headache, chills, body aches. When I started to feel better, I thought I'd order my favorite pizza to get some delicious food back in me. Tasted horrible!! C made it taste super salty and metallic! Blah!! I think it was about six months before taste and smell returned to normal.

I had all my shots and threw caution to the wind last year. I thought I was invincible traveling all over. Went to a wedding in NYC last September and ended up in a packed Steelers bar, boom I got it! Luckily it was a really mild case, just some slight congestion, slight cough and a sore throat. I took one of those home tests and as soon as I dripped the liquid on the test strip the test line lit up. I spent a day in bed feeling like my energy was zapped (I might have been milking it as an excuse to be a bit lazy) but otherwise it wasn't bad at all. The latest variants seem to be mild. I do have a weird lingering cough that hits me once a day or so...not sure if that's related.

Well it's been a ride. Apparently I had some complications and had to get EUA medicine from Hy-Vee. Paxlovid and lots of electrolytes. As you can see I am up at the "witching" hour with no way to get back to bed. Apparently I have to get up and move around too. Sometime by Saturday they say I should start to feel better. If you see me on then you know I made it lol. Glad this forum is here; I can only read so much Fox or MotorTrend. I joked with "Squirt" (wife) that if I die to send me away a good departure in the garden scattered up front;not where the dog pees when it rains the other side. Thanks everyone!
That is a good place for survivor to get rid of cremains. No sense paying five hundred or more dollars have cremains interned at grave site. Pick a windy day, open coffee can(be sure you are upwind) and give em a toss.

My female neighbor caught it back in the beginning. Unfortunately, she didn’t take the medication’s according to the instructions, and passed away before anybody realized it. There were two types of medication’s, and she declined to use one of them. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know if I had it because I’ve never been tested. No jab and no mask (unless forced). I have had a couple colds over the past few years which is normal for me. I get a head cold at least once a year. Only time I was slightly sicker was this past January for 3 days. I had a fever and a cough and a runny nose. Tylenol, Motrin, Tussin DM and a roll of toilet paper (for my runny nose) was all I took. I feel great.

Wife dealt with this at her job in healthcare. The tests they used can still report a positive weeks after the infection has gone, up to 90 days. They are only to tell you have it, nothing more. I would imagine research test for uni would be much more accurate.

For her it was maddening with parents constantly calling and asking after a month why is the kid still testing positive.

That’s the thing. I did not have it after 7 days. In fact, in 7 days I went from negative to multiple positive test back to negative again.

You can “look” for inactive viral fragments or not. It’s up to the instrument calibration and/or the person who reviews the data and makes the diagnosis.

The HMO tests were looking for inactive viral fragments and reporting it as an active infection. That’s not an accident.

Astro, I'm very sorry to hear you and your wife are dealing with this.

The "recovering" part is very encouraging to hear. I hope she's through the worst of it now.

Hoping and praying for a complete recovery!
Mom fighting Cancer again along with having Colonoscopy bag installed. She's a dang trooper and called to see if I needed anything just now while typing. Blueberry Body Armor drinks and sitting by the AM radio 📻 earlier listening to Armstrong and Getty. Got the windows cracked to keep air moving.

Mom fighting Cancer again along with having Colonoscopy bag installed. She's a dang trooper and called to see if I needed anything just now while typing. Blueberry Body Armor drinks and sitting by the AM radio 📻 earlier listening to Armstrong and Getty. Got the windows cracked to keep air moving.
I hope she does well. Sounds like she has a good attitude.

OK, had to moderate one post that was making a veiled political point. One more and it's lock time.
Please, please don't lock. I think sometimes the forum community needs an outlet to vent. I've been here a long time and people share a lot of their lives with us. I would only ask that you remove the post/poster,sir. I wish I still have my old kickboxing gloves so people could go out back and let off stress. Please everyone, try and hold back what you know you want to say. @Astro14 thanks for moderating and sharing in our struggles with things in our lives that are struggles for all people.

Wife brought it home from work around the new year. Previously, I had two vaccines from two differing companies. ( J then P). But last "booster" (full dose P) shot was a year earlier.

I didn't get it for many days then got hit. RA Tested + twice in a row over two days. Was like a moderate chest cold/bronchitis but sort of odd. Started out my sinus felt like there was a beetle crawling in there, then got sniffles for about a day. They went way, then it moved "down" and I got the chest congestion and coughing for many days. Then it cleared up after about a short week. Felt really good after for about 2 days but then had some heart twinges for a month then they went away.
I had another and likely worse strain of this before when it first hit the US. Was feverish, felt like the flu but lost sense of smell and some taste for a week. Was very weak. Then I had a hard time breathing in my sleep for months after. Didn't like that first strain at all!

@Revving2Redline Get well!
Sleeping elevated in a recliner takes a lot of that discomfort away.

My parents got it last year. My dad asked me to pick up his prescription for Paxlovid. He just left me his driver license at the front door which was needed for pickup at the hospital’s pharmacy. They said it was no fun. My family tested and nothing.

Good luck. I got it last year and was a miserable experience. Until i was able to see the doctor, which was 3 days, I though I was going to die.Was on steroids and Iverm..nnnnn - it sucked that only one pharmacy was honoring a prescription for IverNNNN and it was out of pocket only.

Fortunately I am fit and not obese and made it. Obesity and age seem to be the biggest factors for those folk who don't have underlying conditions.

The freaky thing about this one is the vast range of symptoms that people experience, including no symptoms. No doubt a lot of people have had it but showed little to no symptoms. People talk about having a "cold" and it very well could have been CV. I had a runny nose once and a few days later, I couldn't mow my yard (self-propelled mower, walk-behind) without getting winded. That winded issue lasted weeks and later, I'm convinced it was CV. Not that I want to have it, get it, etc either. I did test positive for it once but based on my symptoms, I didn't need to take the test ! Luckily my symptoms were just exhaustion/tired - I was sleeping 18 hours a day... on our couch ! My wife had it at the same time so we tried to isolate to some degree.

My wife and I both got it very early on, right before it really took off. It absolutely destroyed both of us for 3+ weeks. I could barely walk I was so weak. My wife is slightly immunocompromised, but I'm the type that rarely if ever gets sick. I was sick, and I mean really, really sick. Lost two close coworkers and one friend not long after. My dad, 89 years old at the time, tested postive and 4-5 days later was fine. Go figure.

Things are different now and its much more treatable and a lot more mild than it was. My only advice is, dont push it. Stay as rested as possible and eat healthy, you'll be fine soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back