I have always loved to watch F1 but....

Who watches F1 anyways?

All these new drivers are basically corporate trained puppets. They sound the same, they act the same, no character at all, boring.
The races reflect this as well, boring
Those training is to avoid them wrecking their own careers and be boycott by viewers. What do you expect? Some woke stuff or redneck trash talk?

Who watches F1 anyways?

All these new drivers are basically corporate trained puppets. They sound the same, they act the same, no character at all, boring.
The races reflect this as well, boring

I think you have F1 confused with NAS(TY)CAR. And don't forget the cloned, low tech, virtually identical vehicles that they use to make sure the pack goes 'round and 'round together to create a staged "virtual reality drama" ;)

..I'm sick of seeing Verstappen achieve a double digit lead within the first 20 laps.

Yes, he's a fantastic driver on a great team, but how can this car accelerate away from the pack, even at start with no other car having a chance?

Even if he's behind after a pit, doesn't matter what car he has to overtake, it's not close.

Fast through the course, sure that's a ton of driver skill and instinct, but overall power of the car, nobody is talking about it.

Usually if a car constantly has an advantage at half of what this one has, it gets talked about.

Let's debate this.
But 8 years of Mercedes was ok with you.....I don't see much of a difference. Mercedes won something like 105 of 150 races.

There's nothing wrong with F1. I hate to say it but, Red Bull and Verstappen have reached the top of the mountain. Impeccable engineering, great strategies and most importantly, the best driver on the planet (arguments for Hamilton, Alonso and probably Norris are valid). If they've managed their resources better than anyone else, KUDOS to them. Fans of other teams, bide your time. It appears McLaren, Merc and possibly Ferrari are biting at their heals, so i hope.

I question Max's actual racecraft. He's shown he can churn out fast laps. He's shown he can make passes and move through the field when he's in a car that laps .5 sec/lap faster than everything else.

The last time we saw Verstappen race anyone was in 2021, when he had a great habit of blowing the racing line and pushing Hamilton off the track every time he was near, followed by whining to GP about everyone "not leaving the space"

I think this was a function of trying to compete with an inferior car. Mercedes was the class of the field 2021 and before. I think Max was trying to make up for deficiencies in the car that was close but a little slower than the Merc. We saw that with Vettel when he was at Ferrari. Hamilton has made some bad moves this year as he tries to compete with an inferior car. You see a SLIGHT chance and you take it. It doesn't always work out.

I think this was a function of trying to compete with an inferior car. Mercedes was the class of the field 2021 and before. I think Max was trying to make up for deficiencies in the car that was close but a little slower than the Merc. We saw that with Vettel when he was at Ferrari. Hamilton has made some bad moves this year as he tries to compete with an inferior car. You see a SLIGHT chance and you take it. It doesn't always work out.

Honda had the PU figured out and was on par with MB and the limit in car development between the 2020 and 2021 season allowed RB to focus on touching up the car where it needed and figuring out how the car worked best (the high-rake aero concept that looked goofy as hell but was competitive).

I was thinking about how wild the 2021 season was. In Azerbaijan, Max had victory snatched when Pirellis were disintegrating, then Lewis had the Brake Magic error that caused him to blow turn 1 on the restart. Either of those two things didn't happen, the results of Abu Dhabi wouldn't have mattered.

like when someone calls MJ or Brady the GOAT
I want to puke every time I hear someone referred to as "the GOAT". Never heard the term more than ~5-ish years ago so hopefully it's just a fad and will pass.

So I’m watching a YouTube on the linguistic and genetic connection between the Ket people in western Siberia and certain tribes of North America and the guy talking says some linguistic professor is the GOAT…..dang

have not watched this year, but if last year is any barometer Mercedes car is not competitive - the only car that is anywhere close to red bulls is Ferrari and they keep making dumb mistakes and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

What im "hearing" from this conversation is that it does not pay to be too good lest the attendees be not amused and people start trying to slow you down for entertainment

Also one of my best bosses ever told me once "it is not arrogant if you can do it"... take what you will from that but what people see as arrogant he probably simply sees as stating a fact.

Last edited:
Also one of my best bosses ever told me once "it is not arrogant if you can do it"... take what you will from that but what people see as arrogant he probably simply sees as stating a fact.
as Muhammad Ali once said " it ain't bragging if you can do it".

Success in any form of racing seems to be a mixture of skill, technical aptitude and raw unfiltered luck.

I'm honestly curious what Max has done or said this season to be perceived as arrogant. 9 races out of 10, he pulls ahead by several seconds just a few laps into the race, cruises to the end, and then tells the SkyTV reporter that the car was "simply lovely" to drive that day and thanks the team for doing a great job.

Back