My First 24 hours being sick,CV19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's been a ride. Apparently I had some complications and had to get EUA medicine from Hy-Vee. Paxlovid and lots of electrolytes. As you can see I am up at the "witching" hour with no way to get back to bed. Apparently I have to get up and move around too. Sometime by Saturday they say I should start to feel better. If you see me on then you know I made it lol. Glad this forum is here; I can only read so much Fox or MotorTrend. I joked with "Squirt" (wife) that if I die to send me away a good departure in the garden scattered up front;not where the dog pees when it rains the other side. Thanks everyone!

Seems like the doctors have figured out how to deal with it ... I know couple of people who had it twice!
Wish you a quick recovery!
Add some moly to your diet to run smoother :) j/k

I’ve had it a couple times. First time was worse. Worst part of it for me the first time was the headache and fatigue . Was in bed for close to 24 hours the first time. Second time was just a cough and blocked ears. Paxlovid works well.

Get well soon, Rev. I caught it a few months ago but had nothing more than very mild cold symptoms. But, since then I've had low calcium levels in my blood that seem to be hard to correct. I've gotten yearly blood tests and have results going back for 12 years. Calcium levels were fine until all this "C" stuff.

Scott

@Revving2Redline You got this. Just know that a 40 or 50-grade motor oil or medication will only "mask" the problem, not actually do anything except lower fuel economy and give a sense of false security; unless you are "tracking" the virus like you're on the Nurburgring, a 20 or 30-weight oil or medication of your choice would be sufficient. I would recommend a brand, but anything off the shelf should be OK. It is the full formulation of the medicine/oil that will determine how "good" it is, not just the base stock. Generics are usually fine, you pay more for a name brand.

Pretty sure I got it once? But that could also be from the 3rd/4th degree burns from when opening the cap got boiling hot water on my legs and I had shorts on, innnn.. what, maybe 2021 or 2022 I forget. I got lucky. Had symptoms @MParr describes.. chills, and really NO energy for two weeks. Could have been the C19. Could have been my body regenerating skin cells (I did not go to a doctor. I also have my opinions I cannot voice.)

You got this, OP. Drive with confidence.

thumbnail (2).jpeg

Welcome to the club. If you’re able to post, you’ll be fine.

I got it over Christmas. When my wife was recovering from breast cancer. Because she was immune compromised, I quarantined in my own house. She left food outside the door. She wore gloves and a mask when handling the tray and dirty dishes.

I didn’t leave the room for ten days.

We canceled all holiday visits. We did a Zoom call with the kids. Me from the guest room. Her from downstairs.

The big Q worked. She didn’t get it. But it was one long ten day stretch.

Got it from kids school because eldest got it from BF after he tested positive for it. Because they didn't technically sit together, the whole six foot rule didn't apply. She never had to quarantine even though they are always near each other. I thought it was my allergies and a sinus infection I get every year. I was a walking patient zero.

We only found out 2 weeks after the fact because the kid thought she had based on symptoms. Did a home test and me and her were positive, go figure.

I might have gotten it again a year later but again it was allergy season so I didn't even think anything of it. To me it was no worse than any cold I've ever got.

Had it twice. Wife and daughter got it while in Florida. Came back sick. I was ok until just about when they started feeling better. Thought I might be immune but then wham. Didn't need to test. Felt crappy a few days then better right away. Second time last summer. It was worse, lasted ~10 days. I felt better sitting outside in the sunshine than cocconed inside.

Maybe try getting outside in some fresh air. Breathe deeply. It helps maybe just psycologically.

A couple of years ago, when the numbers were at their peak, we had a lady from our church who was 100 years old and lived at home. This lady was probably 80 lbs total weight and was in decent health, just elderly. She had a home health attendant come to her house every day to give her a meal and check on her well-being. The elderly lady never left her home and the only person who saw her was the attendant. The attendant got a full-blown case, so they sent another attendant to give the dlderly lady meals and check on her antibodies. She already had had it and didn't know it.
Another guy that I went to school with was in good health, late 50s and was comatose for over two months. He's fine now.
My kid, early 20s, tested positive for it for a total of four weeks even though he felt fine. Luckily, he could work from home during that time. A truly weird disease.
Get well soon!

I had it in May 2022 after months of intentionally seeking it out. I made the decision to stop wearing masks and living in fear. It was the sniffles for 2 days and my legs and arms hurt. I thought it was seasonal spring allergies because it was so mild.

I’m not particularly healthy but I do take vitamins, zinc and Quercitin which I’ve read can be effective early treatment.

I was PCR tested at 2 different locations as well, 1 was a local university and my HMO. The university tests were for research and they could guage the stage of your infection. Early, active and in recovery. The HMO tests were reporting an active infection while the university said I was in recovery then negative. I was still testing positive at The HMO while being negative at the university. It appears the HMO has calibrated their tests long after infection has cleared to report false positives for some unknown possibly unethical reason.

We looked after the little ones (5, 3, and 1) for a week in early March while our son and daughter-in-law had an idyllic getaway to the SF area.

No doubt we picked it up from the kids. The oldest is in K now, and 20% of her class is away sick any given day.

Anyway, we were both able to start Paxlovid within about 36 hours of testing positive.

Paxlovid is an effective antiviral; I started feeling better within hours. In the end, C. was not much worse than a standard head cold.

I figure we were fortunate to go three years before getting it.

I remain a bit tired, but otherwise OK.

Welcome to the club. If you’re able to post, you’ll be fine.

I got it over Christmas. When my wife was recovering from breast cancer. Because she was immune compromised, I quarantined in my own house. She left food outside the door. She wore gloves and a mask when handling the tray and dirty dishes.

I didn’t leave the room for ten days.

We canceled all holiday visits. We did a Zoom call with the kids. Me from the guest room. Her from downstairs.

The big Q worked. She didn’t get it. But it was one long ten day stretch.
Astro, I'm very sorry to hear you and your wife are dealing with this.

The "recovering" part is very encouraging to hear. I hope she's through the worst of it now.

Hoping and praying for a complete recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back