My First 24 hours being sick,CV19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you get better soon Revving and everyone else dealing with this now, as well as Astro's wife recovering from cancer.

I've had cv19 twice. The first time was just before Halloween 2021 and landed both my wife and I in the hospital. I was miserable, spent 10 days in the hospital but recovered well, although took time. She didn't make it. Met and dated when we were 16 and married 34 years with children and grandchildren. The most wonderful human being I've ever met. Of course I'm biased but she was a woman of uncommon character and insight. I'm doing quite well now for many reasons, the grace of God, good support group of family and friends, and making healthy decisions for my whole self.

The second time was last year and felt like a cold.

Hope you get better soon Revving and everyone else dealing with this now, as well as Astro's wife recovering from cancer.

I've had cv19 twice. The first time was just before Halloween 2021 and landed both my wife and I in the hospital. I was miserable, spent 10 days in the hospital but recovered well, although took time. She didn't make it. Met and dated when we were 16 and married 34 years with children and grandchildren. The most wonderful human being I've ever met. Of course I'm biased but she was a woman of uncommon character and insight. I'm doing quite well now for many reasons, the grace of God, good support group of family and friends, and making healthy decisions for my whole self.

Wow thanks for sharing. This is the stuff that I need to hear and I think you needed to say. You may not have got as much time as you probably deserved but it sounds like you had something really special and you can't put a timer a duration on that. Again thanks for sharing. I thought I would drop one more sense of humor for everybody and hopefully this will get to our moderator as well. He's a fine gentleman, aviator and an officer so I thought this little bit from YouTube will hopefully make all of you laugh. Like I said let's not let one person ruin it for all the good people here.
@Astro14

Hope you get better soon and no lasting complications!

I got it a few months ago, woke up feeling perfectly fine, 2 hours into my shift at work it hit me like a frickin freight train with body aches and a fever. By day 3 I felt better and no fever but lost my smell and taste, which lasted about 2 weeks.

So sorry about the loss of your wife! You are fortunate to have had a marriage that good.

I am so very sorry for your loss! I cannot, honestly, cannot, imagine how difficult that was. My most sincere condolences.

I am also truly thankful that you are doing well now.

got it in march 2022. one of the worst time of my life. i thought i was going to die. i have asthma and i had trouble breathing. i managed to not go to the hospital. after 1 month i was still weak, trouble breathing and low energy. i never want to go through this again. i had fever for 4 days. first time i had fever in like 14 years.

Wow. I am so so sorry for your loss. I sincerely do not know what I would do if I lost mine.
Stay strong and stay safe my friend.

Only got it once that I'm aware of. Pretty sure it was Delta. I've practiced distancing. and sanitizing well before COVID and the one time I forgot my hand sanitizer in a restaurant, I threw caution to the wind and handled the condiment bottles, then ate. I'm not positive that's how/where I picked it up, but my best guess.

My first thought was that it was just a case of Hay Fever, as I had been mowing the last couple of days. It wasn't until I couldn't smell my aftershave one morning that I realized what it could be. I only felt "sick" for one day and my smell came back after 2 or 3. I never lost sense of taste.

My brother came down with it about a month later. He had it rough. So much that he spent a couple of weeks in the hospital on oxygen. So yes, I am aware it affects people differently.

Good luck. I got it last year and was a miserable experience. Until i was able to see the doctor, which was 3 days, I though I was going to die.Was on steroids and Iverm..nnnnn - it sucked that only one pharmacy was honoring a prescription for IverNNNN and it was out of pocket only.

Fortunately I am fit and not obese and made it. Obesity and age seem to be the biggest factors for those folk who don't have underlying conditions.
Did they advise you to use a spirometer?

I think one thing's for sure we can all agree that when this stuff showed up it finally got people to start finally washing their hands. I would go into the bathrooms at QuikTrip and see things that would make me just cringe.

Wow thanks for sharing. This is the stuff that I need to hear and I think you needed to say. You may not have got as much time as you probably deserved but it sounds like you had something really special and you can't put a timer a duration on that. Again thanks for sharing. I thought I would drop one more sense of humor for everybody and hopefully this will get to our moderator as well. He's a fine gentleman, aviator and an officer so I thought this little bit from YouTube will hopefully make all of you laugh. Like I said let's not let one person ruin it for all the good people here.
@Astro14

Thank you to everyone but I don't want to derail this thread and make it about me. I will say a few things and try to be brief.

She really was an amazing person and we had an amazing relationship. She was my soulmate if there is such a thing, and I'm grateful for the time we did have together. I'm grateful every day for a lot of things, and I'm truly blessed compared to many on this earth.

I agree with what you say about Astro, I very much enjoy his contributions to this site.

Everyone deals with grief differently, and while I was a mess for months, I somehow instinctively knew not to run from grief or bottle things up. I told my kids that dad is committed to his spiritual, mental, and physical health, as they all effect the other. I had a good foundation to start, so likely that contributed to my ability to walk through it and move forward. It's still there, just not nearly as raw as it was.

While I would give anything to have her back, there are some pluses. The toilet lid stays up most of the time. :) The remote is always where I leave it. :LOL: I can put away the dishes as soon as they're clean, or not. I mean really, I asked my daughter why would I put all the dishes away when I'm going to need that plate and fork in a day or so anyway? I'm not so sure she sees it the same way, but we have fun with my idiosyncrasies lol.

Wife & Kids got it over labor day 2022. I managed to avoid it. Then I got it on haloween, they avoided it.

Both times I quarantined in my RV. Good livin'.

I only had it "bad" for one day/ night. Then it was a normal cold albeit with more bronchitis.

Totally vaxxed & boosted. Work in tight quarters with 6000 others.

I have it now.

Last Sunday I was extremely tired/fatigued, fever, muscle soreness, body aches, headache. Monday was the same with a sore throat and cough. Tuesday I started feeling better but the sore throat and cough stayed. The cough wasn’t too bad though. It’s progressively gotten better and I’m basically fine now. Still in my dungeon, I mean bedroom.

I had it in January 2021. Mine settled into my back. Had basic cold symptoms but the worst back pain of my life. There was so much inflammation going up both sides of my spine you could feel the heat without even touching my back. No pain killers even touched it. It hit on a Saturday and I had to drive the dump truck on Tuesday, I notified everyone up front and was able to quarantine in the cab. The quarry held my tickets, they just waved me off the scale when they were done and luckily I didn’t need fuel. Any communication was done by cell phone.

Well it's been a ride. Apparently I had some complications and had to get EUA medicine from Hy-Vee. Paxlovid and lots of electrolytes. As you can see I am up at the "witching" hour with no way to get back to bed. Apparently I have to get up and move around too. Sometime by Saturday they say I should start to feel better. If you see me on then you know I made it lol. Glad this forum is here; I can only read so much Fox or MotorTrend. I joked with "Squirt" (wife) that if I die to send me away a good departure in the garden scattered up front;not where the dog pees when it rains the other side. Thanks everyone!

Hope you get better soon man…

I had it in the summer of 21…

10 days with a temp between 100-102.2 and was taking Tylenol every 4-5 hours that entire 10 days. I lost 14 pounds which wasn’t a bad thing really. Had a very bad cough that strangely was only on days 2-3…My oxygen level got down to 93 percent by day 6… It was rather rough no doubt.

I have had other worse short term viruses that my temp went to 105 one time in January 1996. Other times 104.5 was quite common. I physically felt way, way worse with those viruses then this one. Just much shorter by a good margin.

I hope you have a pulse oximeter… That is very helpful to have. Check it regularly.

Last edited:
Had it twice. Wife and daughter got it while in Florida. Came back sick. I was ok until just about when they started feeling better. Thought I might be immune but then wham. Didn't need to test. Felt crappy a few days then better right away. Second time last summer. It was worse, lasted ~10 days. I felt better sitting outside in the sunshine than cocconed inside.

Maybe try getting outside in some fresh air. Breathe deeply. It helps maybe just psycologically.
Sun is the best source for vitamin d. My aunt hasn't left her house much since her son killed himself. Now she's really depressed and sad I keep telling her everyday she's got to get out on the front porch and get some fresh air and sun. That's why CV 19 was so hard, kept people indoors with no contact or sun

My wife and I both got it very early on, right before it really took off. It absolutely destroyed both of us for 3+ weeks. I could barely walk I was so weak. My wife is slightly immunocompromised, but I'm the type that rarely if ever gets sick. I was sick, and I mean really, really sick. Lost two close coworkers and one friend not long after. My dad, 89 years old at the time, tested postive and 4-5 days later was fine. Go figure.

Things are different now and its much more treatable and a lot more mild than it was. My only advice is, dont push it. Stay as rested as possible and eat healthy, you'll be fine soon.
My buddy had it back before it was even in the Midwest area confirmed. Three weeks later and he still gets sleepy and tired. His wife had hair loss. My SIL went over there and apparently brought it back. Killed her Dad, GP said looked like lungs eatan by acid.
I just had pneumonia after a chest x-ray a month ago. Possible I had it all that time, no one knows.

I have it now.

Last Sunday I was extremely tired/fatigued, fever, muscle soreness, body aches, headache. Monday was the same with a sore throat and cough. Tuesday I started feeling better but the sore throat and cough stayed. The cough wasn’t too bad though. It’s progressively gotten better and I’m basically fine now. Still in my dungeon, I mean bedroom.
I have all but the soar throat but I've had to hit the john 🚽 alot. Only thing that made it worse was the Beagle barging in there with that look, you know, the look?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_165925_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_165925_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back