I have always loved to watch F1 but....

..I'm sick of seeing Verstappen achieve a double digit lead within the first 20 laps.

Yes, he's a fantastic driver on a great team, but how can this car accelerate away from the pack, even at start with no other car having a chance?

Even if he's behind after a pit, doesn't matter what car he has to overtake, it's not close.

Fast through the course, sure that's a ton of driver skill and instinct, but overall power of the car, nobody is talking about it.

Usually if a car constantly has an advantage at half of what this one has, it gets talked about.

Let's debate this.

Usually if a car constantly has an advantage at half of what this one has, it gets talked about.

It has been talked about.

They’ve talked about how strange it is that Checo doesn’t have the same results:

They’ve talked about ways to make it less dominance:

They‘ve talked about how boring it is for fans and how it hinders brand growth when one driver dominates:

There is no lack of discussion on this topic.

If Max was a little more humble, I would start watching again.

Part of the problem is Ferrari.

But yeah, Red Bull has something in that engine. There are some 2-3 better things.

His yacht is pretty first class too.

1699274213904.jpg

TopGear Nederland

..I'm sick of seeing Verstappen achieve a double digit lead within the first 20 laps.

Yes, he's a fantastic driver on a great team, but how can this car accelerate away from the pack, even at start with no other car having a chance?

Even if he's behind after a pit, doesn't matter what car he has to overtake, it's not close.

Fast through the course, sure that's a ton of driver skill and instinct, but overall power of the car, nobody is talking about it.

Let's debate this.
The field has not been able to catch up to the car. The car is just so so fast off the line and fast in general combined with Max being the best driver in the field just makes it impossible to beat them. RB today is a lot like Mercedes in the last decade.

If you want to look at how well the RB cars are take a look at how well Checo has done when he hasn't wrecked the car. He constantly starts in the middle of the pack and manages fight his way to a podium.

Remember RB has what many consider to be the godfather of racing aerodynamics on their staff and RB seems to be able to do more with less under the new cost cap.

I've heard that the RB cars over the last couple of years are very complicated to drive at it's one reason why so many good drivers haven't been successful in them.

RB/AT is also the only shop using Honda engines (RB is developing their own engine designed with input from Ford).

Last edited:

But yeah, Red Bull has something in that engine. There are some 2-3 better things.
I think he's pretty humble. I mean the sport allows him to earn $55M/yr (Tax free btw) and he has a car that has been so dominate. He will retire soon enough. Dominate racers get bored and he's clearing getting bored.

Agree. 3 out of 4 Ferrari cars DNF yesterday.

Honda designs great engines and hybrid systems.

RB today is a lot like Mercedes in the last decade.

Remember RB has what many consider to be the godfather of racing aerodynamics on their staff and RB seems to be able to do more with less under the new cost cap.

This is the cyclical nature of racing in Formula 1 over the past decade.

At the beginning of the turbo hybrid era, MB very quickly figured out the PU and dominated for eight years before anyone else caught up.

With the 2022 rule changes and cost cap, it's the start of the next cycle. Powertrains have matured and largely remained the same but the aero package flipped. RB figured it out first and dominated. Everyone is catching up. McLaren has mounted the turnaround of the season since their upgrades and MB went away from their sidepod-less concept.

In 2026, it'll all be shaken up again.

Honda designs great engines and hybrid systems.

You seem to have forgotten the Honda RA61xH series from 2015-2017 with McLaren. They had the double fault of being both slow and unreliable. Just underscores how quickly MB figured it out and how long it took everyone else to catch up. Honda didn't surpass the leader until the RA621H in 2021.

We're seeing something similar on NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle. It's the Gaige Herrera show. You're really watching to see who takes 2nd place in that class right now. He's won 10 races in 11 finals and the motorcycles have only ran 14 events.

He's putting .025-.040" on everyone, even his teammate in the first 60'. His back split (1/8 mi to the 1/4 mi) is only about .01 better than others, so he's picking up the most right off the bat.

At least he seems like a good guy, humble in interviews, can't believe the opportunity he has currently. But it makes the class a snooze fest.

Let's debate this.

I was just thinking something along the same lines yesterday. I turned on the race yesterday and Max was in 1st and thought to myself I have not turned on any F1 race this year and that guy was not in first place. Not once.

I dont watch it every time it is on TV, but it is still a fact he has been in 1st every time I did. :)

You seem to have forgotten the Honda RA61xH series from 2015-2017 with McLaren. They had the double fault of being both slow and unreliable. Just underscores how quickly MB figured it out and how long it took everyone else to catch up. Honda didn't surpass the leader until the RA621H in 2021.

True yet with all that RB still moved from Alpine to Honda. Granted Honda has taken a backseat over the past couple of years with just providing parts to RB. It almost takes an act of God for someone to beat Max to turn 1.

Last edited:
We North Americans like the underdog to win every once in awhile
that is sort of the beauty of NASCAR, isn't it.?
they throw that Yellow flag often enough to bunch em all right back up.
Sometimes I think they throw it just so it becomes competitive again, but they always say it was "debris on the track". :)

The race yesterday was good, lots of action in places 3 and down! And the last 20 laps were quite good, the racing between Perez and Alonso was a real battle of between them. Go watch it before I spoil the ending for you!
For most of the race, someone would come into DRS range with a faster car, and then breeze by, but Alonso had held Perez off until the 2nd last lap and then repassed him on the last lap, and held on at the end by .05!

Last edited:

Let's debate this.
That was a good GP. There was some good battling on track behind Max and Lando.

For the record, people used to complain about the Mercedes dominance also.

The race yesterday was quite good, lots of action in places 3 down! And the last 20 laps were quite good, the racing between Perez and Alonso was a real battle of between them. Go watch it before I spoil the ending for you!
For most of the race, someone would come into DRS range with a faster car, and then breeze by, but Alonso had held Perez off until the 2nd last lap and then repassed him, and held on at the end by .05!
I actually felt for LeClerc.

Back