Pizza with a fork....

I am putting this into evidence now.
Purported to be the actual utensil found at the scene of the crime.
The item in question was made in Vietnam and unaltered. Pizza residue was found on both side edges as well as the frontal area of the fork.
Stay tuned....

IMG_20230615_102019736.jpg

Just had big steak and cheese slice from Pizza by George near me. They were out of my curl-and-shove a NY style Cheese.
This was thin crust 1/2 in. thick with meat and sauteed peppers and onions with Lattice top. One slice is a BIG meal. Coulda used a fork on that. I only had plastic utensils in the car. That ain't workin.
My cars seat is now looking like the EXxon Valdez ran aground - minus any water fowl.

Toasted non-foldabe French baguette pizza shreds the roof of my mouth. I have to borrow my wife's sweater pill shaver and shove it the pie hole to clean it up. Not doing that on a regular basis even when hungry.

You go tell them Guys from New Jersey their ITAM pie is a burrito!

I have never eaten Pizza with a fork . It wasn't designed to be eaten with a fork regardless of which version of it's origin you subscribe to .
I once watched a guy eat fried chicken with a knife and fork , and it wasn't because it was too hot . That's just how always did it .

I have never eaten Pizza with a fork . It wasn't designed to be eaten with a fork regardless of which version of it's origin you subscribe to .
I once watched a guy eat fried chicken with a knife and fork , and it wasn't because it was too hot . That's just how always did it .
Was Chinese food designed to be eaten with a fork?
Food was designed to feed the masses...not much else.

A few summers ago, wife and I were in Paris and wanted a quick snack so went into a Pizza place. Did not notice how they were eating the pizza until I got mine. We were eating slices as usual and kind of felt like being watched. They must of figured we were tourists. They were all using knives and forks and we of course we eating like barbarians!!

SO when in Rome as they say. I did notice that they eat from the center out and the pizzas were also served with melted butter on the side. They used the butter for the edge crust to dip into at the end, so I did the same. Tasted pretty good.

Last edited:
I eat deep dish with a knife and fork. New York style gets folded and eaten with my hands. I also say that anyone worried about how you eat your pie must have nothing else going on in their life.

Real men with a thick mustache and beard use a knife and fork, so we don't have to eat the pizza again later.

It's an optical illusion from the photo angle. Both plates are standard 9" diameter.
I would not call it an illusion in itself but perspective, which is the viewer-to-subject distance gives the illusion of depth not only in 3 dimensions (aided by parallax via binocular vision) but in two dimensions. The apparent size of an object is the inverse of the viewer's distance to the object. At twice the distance the object has half the angular size. That's why if you know either the size of an object or your distance to it you can calculate the other value.

A few terms that might come in handy are perspective, foreshortening, parallax, degrees of arc, radian(s), angular size/apparent size

My apologies for getting carried away about pizza on paper plates. Getting carried away on a giant pizza sounds like a fine way to go! ;)

Last edited:
As I stated, I will let you know.

Your redundant source has it both ways. I think it depends on region, restaurant, style, indoors or out.
My experience is as follows: Italian Italians eat their thin-crust pizza with a knife and fork while seated. Anything else means inviting disaster unless you wear Hawaiian pants and Crocs. The thicker crust types of pizza are often finger food but mostly when on the go which is not an Italian thing to do in the first place. In public, I eat pizza with a knife and fork. I like thin-crust pizza and folding it up is kinda disgusting and I do it only at home when I'm super lazy or starving. There's of course pizza with a crust thickness that is perfectly suitable for eating with your fingers. Having the fragrant food close to your nose along with your garlic and cheese fingers contributes to the sensory delight of the pizza experience. Then again, I don't encourage moaning in public while eating. Do what you want. Hygiene! A colleague with grubby hands made me almost refund when I saw him devour a burrito. His hands looked like he had been shoveling :poop: all day. And then he clapped me on the back with his greasy paw. My Bernini sport jacket - defiled.

Back