Sub Inflation

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Went to a local sub shop.
Italian sub is $8.95
I give them a 10 spot and walk

I just went in and did the same and the owner said hold up... they are now $13.95...

Before I get beaten...yes I know they can charge whatever they want and I have no issue with that at all.

But whatever happened to incremental increases? Like a $1 at a time or two.

It was the owner and he acted like a worker shaking his head. But I know who he is and I pretty much know what he did.. he hasn't been working much this year and he got around and saw other places pricing. I see it too but he has a thriving business but those places don’t...

I think a $5 increase is nuts overnight. I think it will be a costly mistake. Who said inflation has flattened out?

Another local pizza place just sold to a guy with new signage saying authentic NJ pizza. . Three topping large regular pizza $28 + tax..
It ain't gonna fly here in backwoods country..

Yeah.....he probably merits a price increase but I think he went too far.
I am certainly eating out a lot less. Last time we went to Red Lobster we spent over $100 and that did not include any alcoholic drinks or tip.
Many restaurants going belly up around here.

I am certainly eating out a lot less. Last time we went to Red Lobster we spent over $100 and that did not include any alcoholic drinks or tip.
Just think of a family of 5...

I agree. The place wasn't busy tonight. I hope not but I think he underestimated why his business has done well because he stole business from the others. His staff isn't friendly at all. He won on price alone..

I was actually just thinking about this. Fast food prices have probably almost doubled here in the last ten years. A decent burger combo or footlong Subway with drink is like $18 now. With minimum wage soon to be $17.40, it's not surprising.

I read an article recently that restaurants are going out of business in record numbers...I guess the 40 year high inflation is taking away 'discretionary spending' for many Americans.
Too many places are mismanaged, too. When your discretionary spending budget gets pressure, you demand more from your experience and have less tolerance for mediocrity.

Back