Anyone eat at Costco on vacation?

I've seen that pizza never ate it doesn't look good. But my motto is pizza is a lot like sex. Even when it's bad it's still pretty good

I'm not that big on their pizza, but their hot dogs are pretty good for $1.50 including the beverage. It is kind of sad that they're taking churros off the menu.

I haven't eaten at a Costco outside of the United States. I haven't even been to one outside of maybe British Columbia.

Don't eat there at all, big lines and nowhere to sit. :LOL:
1705968283700.jpg

We hit the Kona store a few times.

Oddly, I don't remember why, but I've found myself in the nearby Home Depot as well.

The Costco is also good for the local food snacks (only sold there) to bring back home to share in the break room and such. A sort of tradition for those in our office when people go on trips.

Oddly, I don't remember why, but I've found myself in the nearby Home Depot as well.

The Costco is also good for the local food snacks (only sold there) to bring back home to share in the break room and such. A sort of tradition for those in our office when people go on trips.
Home Depot in Kona was out of toilet seats

It's a vacation and part of the fun is going out to eat. I can see where someone might do that to save a little money though. Things are so expensive in today's world of inflation.
Not for everyone. Eating out is a complete waste of my money, since nothing beats eating at my place. In my opinion eating out is always disappointing and overpriced for what you get, especially during these times. My wife spent $75 today for proteins that will make dinner for the next 5 nights minimum for 3 adults:

Ground beef (lettuce wraps)
Pork ribs (Asian style) w/rice
Italian sausages (grilled) bean salad and sauteed escarole
Veal chops (grilled) salad (homemade Caesar dressing) and bruschetta
Pork tenderloin al Marsala con funghi w/garlic mashed potato.

Try pricing out those in a restaurant. Costco is a shopping destination for us to buy food staples for our vacation, and we'll have a quick cheap eat on our way out.

For those who have never tried the food court, in most places you still don't need a membership to order food. FYI.

Not for everyone. Eating out is a complete waste of my money, since nothing beats eating at my place. In my opinion eating out is always disappointing and overpriced for what you get, especially during these times. My wife spent $75 today for proteins that will make dinner for the next 5 nights minimum for 3 adults:

Ground beef (lettuce wraps)
Pork ribs (Asian style) w/rice
Italian sausages (grilled) bean salad and sauteed escarole
Veal chops (grilled) salad (homemade Caesar dressing) and bruschetta
Pork tenderloin al Marsala con funghi w/garlic mashed potato.

Try pricing out those in a restaurant. Costco is a shopping destination for us to buy food staples for our vacation, and we'll have a quick cheap eat on our way out.
It reminds me of a brake job. It's a DIY bang for buck. Like I've said, my buddy with a CR-V he can drive into a Honda dealer and drive out $1100+ poorer. It's not a M3 (although I think M3 was $700/axle back in the late 90's).

Because a brake job is our own labor, it often costs $300 for OE and maybe $100 for really cheap components.

Same with food. Anything that involves labor, such as things that have wrappers and filling, cost a fraction to do at home, vs. buying premade.

Then there's is the poor pig who gave his life for $1.99/lb pork chops in 2024. I wish I liked them, that's dirt cheap. My wife did cook some last week that were not dry as I envision them from growing up.

For those who have never tried the food court, in most places you still don't need a membership to order food. FYI.

There was talk about requiring it. I saw something from a YouTube channel centered on Hawaii and the claim was that a Costco card was needed to order, but this was where the food court was outdoors. Some people just sneak in and I've never seen a membership card requiment to order food.

I haven't seen too many around here that accept cash at the food court. For cash that would require going through the regular cashiers and that requires an active membership card. We did go to a couple of Costcos on vacation where they had a cashier at the food court and not just ordering kiosks.

Just go there or Sam's around lunch time on a busy weekend. I can just about make a meal on the free samples.
Used to joke with the old woman, want to go to Sam's for brunch? :ROFLMAO:

Back