What is your favorite frozen pizza?

I like Tacconelli's in Maple Shade even though there is some bad blood between them and Tacconelli's in Philly. DeLorenzo's in Robbinsville, not the one on Sloan Ave. Sloan Ave is good but not nearly as good as Robbinsville, Papa's in Robbinsville, Itri's in Bristol which is a rare pizza place that has a bar and makes a great old fashioned.

A notch below but still very good if I'm in the area are Wildflowers in Pennington and Strawberry's in Woodbridge.
I'm partial to Star Tavern, Orange. Vics in Bradley and Pete&Eldas in Neptune...also Macs in Stone Harbor.

i think a lot of people trust the thermostat in their ovens, and the instructed directions, as to how long to cook it, and come up with something somewhere between barely edible, and delicious.

Most frozen Pizzas say 425f....
I get far better results at 410f and i dont use a timer. I Peek, then hover, till the edge is browning and bubbling.

Sometimes when hovering, and notice the edges just beginning to brown, I'll switch to 'broil' for the last 30 seconds or so, to get the center nearly as lightly browned as the edges.

Burnt edges = inedible, in my opinion.

I've come to dislike anytbing but cheese pizzas though.

I'd much rather top it with my own ingredients, which often need some degree of a head start in a sautee pan, before being applied. Otherwise they can really throuw off the whole result. Depends on how thinly sliced and how they are located upon though.

Perhaps some frozen Pizza brands are more friendly to certain ovens and the 'chefs' feeding the expectations and aptitudebregarding cooking.

I got some good local pizzerias.
One walking distance, with some delicious craft brew on tap.

It's an overpriced ordeal to obtain one.

Screaming Sicilian all cheese, with hyper thin sliced onions, jalapenoes, tomatoes, and one piece of thin pepperoni per splice.
Sometimes mushrooms and black olives too.

Any frozen Rising crust Pizza make me hurl.

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

When I lived in Northern Illinois, my favrorite was Home Run Inn. I don't know how widely distributed it is, but if you come across it, give it a go.

And despite what you may hear from the media, thin crust pizza rules in the Chicago area. I doubt deep dish is more than 1% of the market.
I agree with Home Run Inn. If you like a lot of cheese on a pizza, it is a standout. It also seems to be par-baked as the cheese looks melted before it goes into the oven.

The only Frozen i get is "Ginos" , Aldi has them a few times a year. It's a Chicago deep dish style. UNO's deep dish is good too ,but not available in stores near me anymore.

I’m not huge on frozen pizza because it never taste as good as Dominos but usually Red Baron or Tombstone are my go to if I have to get it. Sometimes something else.

Jack’s is the best frozen pizza.

IMO’s is the best thin crust.

Casey’s has the best specialty pizza(taco, breakfast, bbq beef)

I’ve never had a regular style pepperoni pan pizza that was that much better than all the other 500 places that make them. None have really been that much worse either.

That really covers all you need to know about pizza 🤣

Wife dresses up Tombstone Frozen to match our tastes. The sauce is good and so is the crust. For hot and fresh we get Hunt Brothers at the local gas station. Its good and hot and not very expensive. We like them. In Phoenix though it would be Continental Pizza. The brother from Sicily make the best.

Well, maybe not any frozen pizza. I'm sure there's horrible frozen pizza. I do know that 7-Eleven pizza is better than Domino's. Don't ask me how I know. I beg you. It was an emergency.

Got to admit I love pizza. Nature's perfect food in my book. We usually eat it 1-2 times a week. We almost alget pizza from either Hungry Howie's or a local pizza joint. I have never really ventured out and tried many frozen pizza brands.

I wonder if any of you have found a good frozen pizza you like. What makes it a good choice for you?
None, gf and I make our own from pizza dough got at Wal mart. We use a pampered chef pizza stone

I loved pizza by the slice way back when in NYC. I believe it was made as cheaply as humanly possible. Comparable but better than Sbarro at the mall. For pizza with toppings, Shakey's was the best for many decades. Nowadays I have Papa Murphy build to my specifications. For frozen, cheap pizza. Tony's. I add Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, olives and mushrooms at home to make it worthwhile.

Tombstone. I am here in Central New Jersey (where the pizza is almost certainly better than whatever most readers are eating) and will tell you that all the folks who are big and bad with their "I'm a better person because I know that fresh pizza is better than frozen" statements don't know what they don't know. Frozen pizza is often delicious, and is essentially a different thing than freshly made pizza, which is also fantastic.

None?

There’s too much great pizza in nearly every shopping center or Main Street around here.

In other geographic areas the excuses for pizza are pretty gross.

With kids, and I recall having these occasionally when Inwas young…. Ellio’s square frozen pizzas are pretty good when made in the oven.

None?

There’s too much great pizza in nearly every shopping center or Main Street around here.

In other geographic areas the excuses for pizza are pretty gross.

With kids, and I recall having these occasionally when Inwas young…. Ellio’s square frozen pizzas are pretty good when made in the oven.
Most of us don't live in an area that offers pizza and other outstanding food choices that you have.......

Back