How do you handle raw pizza?

This is not an answer to your question, but I would like to point out how awesome and tasty many of these frozen pizzas are. My favorites is Tombstone. Thank you.

My tip is this - they often look too large for the toaster oven, but they actually just fit.

So tonight I got one of those pizzas that you take home and bake yourself; Papa Murphy's to be exact. Somehow the pizza starts out on a giant paper plate. They put it together similar to how a sandwich shop would make a sandwich by having a buffet of pizza toppings in front of them. So when I get it home and it comes time to transfer the pizza onto a pizza pan, that's when the nightmare begins. The pizza is not supported by anything other than the paper plate. The pizza crust in its raw state is extremely gooey like cookie dough or a pancake that's not ready to be turned over. If I try to slide a steel spatula under the gooey pizza dough, the spatula wants to stick to the dough like glue.

Long story short, the pizza really didn't look like a pizza anymore by time it got to the pizza pan. What is the secret here?

Please explain how you guys do it.
We place it directly on the oven rack at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes if it
has already been "cooked", at the pizza place. They never seem to get the crust
completely done, at least not for my Wife or myself.
It browns it a bit more and makes the crust just slightly crunchy, more delicious in
our opinion.

Back