What is your favorite frozen pizza?

Got to admit I love pizza. Nature's perfect food in my book. We usually eat it 1-2 times a week. We almost alget pizza from either Hungry Howie's or a local pizza joint. I have never really ventured out and tried many frozen pizza brands.

I wonder if any of you have found a good frozen pizza you like. What makes it a good choice for you?

Availability and price will play in big time. Your locale may have limited selection.
I'd go for a crust I prefer as we'd always add veggies and dots of sauce if necessary.
Celentano (white packaging) was the brand we swore by.
I've been "off carbs" for two years now. Seriously, I have 1 or 2 slices a year and get them at local pizzerias for the social interaction.

Tree Tavern
download (7).jpeg

I've been watching a lot of Dave Portnoy's one bite pizza reviews. Everyone knows the rules. His taste in pizza very closely aligns with mine. His top frozen pizzas are Newmans and Stouffers French bread.

I've been gluten free for the past couple of months and feel a very noticeable positive change to my digestive system. But I'm going off the diet this Saturday and going for pizza at one of the top pizza places near me. Hope my tummy doesn't revolt.

I've been watching a lot of Dave Portnoy's one bite pizza reviews. Everyone knows the rules. His taste in pizza very closely aligns with mine. His top frozen pizzas are Newmans and Stouffers French bread.

I've been gluten free for the past couple of months and feel a very noticeable positive change to my digestive system. But I'm going off the diet this Saturday and going for pizza at one of the top pizza places near me. Hope my tummy doesn't revolt.
What's the top pizza place near you? I'm from NJ.

Every frozen pizza I've tried has been terrible. These two are the least terrible, and when considering the price, rise a few notches toward the top:
Parlano.jpg

Pepperoni.jpg

There are some regional brands in Minnesota I like best.

But for one more wide spread, I have always been a fan of Red Baron pizza.

Last edited:
I've never found a frozen pizza that tastes good enough on it's own, without having to dress it up with fresh ingredients. Even the ones that claim to be as good as fresh. But admittedly, I gave up on trying different frozen pizzas many years ago. Perhaps there are some newer ones that are better.

I have never found a frozen pizza that doesn't way overdo the crust, and by far, the majority don't use quality cheese. If I have to add fresh cheese to make a frozen pizza taste decent, why not make my own? Which I do.

What's the top pizza place near you? I'm from NJ.
I like Tacconelli's in Maple Shade even though there is some bad blood between them and Tacconelli's in Philly. DeLorenzo's in Robbinsville, not the one on Sloan Ave. Sloan Ave is good but not nearly as good as Robbinsville, Papa's in Robbinsville, Itri's in Bristol which is a rare pizza place that has a bar and makes a great old fashioned.

A notch below but still very good if I'm in the area are Wildflowers in Pennington and Strawberry's in Woodbridge.

I remember an Italian friend said to me that Costco wasn't bad, but that could be regional.

I had Red Baron and it was OK. Nothing special though. When I was a kid the big brand with lots of TV commercials was Celeste.

When I lived in Northern Illinois, my favrorite was Home Run Inn. I don't know how widely distributed it is, but if you come across it, give it a go.

And despite what you may hear from the media, thin crust pizza rules in the Chicago area. I doubt deep dish is more than 1% of the market.

Last edited:
Most frozen pizza is garbage. It's the crust that's bad. I think thinner is better in this regard. Most chain pizza is also garbage, unless it's Amici's or this local place.

During the lockdowns, we found these at the grocery store on sale 98 cents. Nice thin crust. They're about the size of a medium at the pizza parlors.

Back