Sub Inflation

I recently got 2 subs on the app, buy 1 get 1, about 13.xx...Picked them up, skimpy as I've ever seen. I'm done, never again.
Subway is famous for their "bread" sandwiches. As in:
clara_peller_01.jpg

About a year ago Subway was purchased by the same holding company that owns Jimmy John's, Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, and others.

Some improvement may be implemented by the new owner of Subway, but I speculate it is not feasible for Subway to reinvent itself into a quality product. The new owners need a return on their investment, and the franchise model is based on bare bottom products that can be purchased at rock bottom prices.
Last 5 years or so Arby's has went from something I occasionally enjoyed (that brisket sandwich was great) to crud. Jimmy Johns uses Hellman's mayo, which I can't stand, but is good otherwise. If subway ends up even almost as good as Jimmy Johns, then it's a 10x improvement. If Jimmy Johns gets subway mayo, then Jimmy Johns gets 4x better.

Firehouse ftw. Cold meat, not steamed, is key. Still can get fed for 10 bucks

Meh. My exposure was in a college town with not quite hippie folks.

Lots of good pizza around.

speaking of…

View attachment 205970View attachment 205971
Absolutely delicious. Pork was so good. Moist, wet with spices. Sharp provolone, roasted peppers, horseradish, banana peppers. Could eat that every day…

$13. You can see how the prices have been edited.
Dnics rules! John's Roast Pork is the real deal too.

Wife says Wendy's is marketing wrong. They should advertise "get a great discount in between these hours"

Was reading an article on the high cost of eating out. Fast food had taken about a 9% drop in sales in January. Other restaurants are following closely behind.

Was reading an article on the high cost of eating out. Fast food had taken about a 9% drop in sales in January. Other restaurants are following closely behind.
I'd like to see how much these places went up in price since cv19
And after the scare they keep going up. Families can't afford a trip to any fast food joint these days.

And they aren't what they used to be. They make me sick... they dump them off here daily at $2 on the app but I won't touch them. It is the cooking oil no doubt...yuck
Yes same here. My wife and I get sick to the stomach eating their stuff. Wendys is OK and BK is too expensive. So for about the same price I am going to cook up a couple lobster tails tonight.

Yes same here. My wife and I get sick to the stomach eating their stuff. Wendys is OK and BK is too expensive. So for about the same price I am going to cook up a couple lobster tails tonight.
I expected nothing less...
The rich get richer...lol
But ain't that the truth...
I can get a Chinese seafood combo for three with egg rolls for $22
Vegetables and scallops, shrimp, crab, and lobster..

Just got a flyer in the mail.
New subshop in town.
Large Subs are $11.99 but are 10 inches long in the fine print..lol

I'd of put Jumbo Jimmy's in there but the fire and all. Cecil County is rich in haute cuisine.

Last edited:

I'd of put Jumbo Jimmy's in there but the fire and all. Cecil County is rich in haute cuisine.
Nice of course I know most but not all of those places but the effort was really appreciated...seriously .
Thanks 😊
Now for the cheap shot 😳 did you ever resolve the mushroom fraud scandal 😁

Nice of course I know most but not all of those places but the effort was really appreciated...seriously .
Thanks 😊
Now for the cheap shot 😳 did you ever resolve the mushroom fraud scandal 😁
Mushroom cheating was and continues to be the scourge of our lifetime. While inflation has certainly taken it's toll on the working man's paycheck, mushrooms have remained fairly stable in price...yet pizza and steak shops are shortshrooming customers as you read this.
It's horrendous.

Then they pass the payment machine over and the tips start a 18% for the worker assembling your sandwich.
Tips start at 20% here at most of the places, I need to remember to only pay cash because there wasn’t even an obvious way to get out of the ridiculous selections on the machine at the most recent place.

What’s worse is it’s usually the places that way overcharge for the quality of the food you receive so the 20% of too much to start with
for a person spending a minute with me then clearing my table which honestly is the same effort if my sandwich is $5 or $50.

Several places are on my black list for being too **** expensive for generic food with non-voluntary 20%,30%,50% tip selections.

Most places give you a 3-5% discount on cash, card is convenient but I leave the cost savings of cash discount with my tip, cheap places with inexpensive meals get better tips from me since the same item one place to the next can be 300% different in price and I appreciate the small places that haven’t drastically inflated in the last 2 years.

I only buy fast food using coupons, they can take the app and shove it. A few local fast foods have stopped providing specials or coupons, I definitely go to said places a lot less, so they won’t see me without “value “ or coupon items.

Back