2019 Dodge Ram Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by Kjmack
Look at those panel gaps , LOL is that the best Chrysler can do . Don't tell me it's for body flex either .

If you look down the side of a Ford truck with aluminum panels, you can see the waviness in the panels. Is that the best Ford can do?

Aparantly ? Don't own any Ford's and really don't check them out .

[/quote]
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by 4WD

So, my wife and I were talking trucks … she said women always push for RAM once they see the interior …

I read a ton of professional reviews, and every single one of them were wrote by males, raving over the RAM'S upscale interior. If you want to use twisted logic to somehow spin that its better to have a cheap, ugly interior, then you.....FAIL!

=========================================

What a strange reply … wonder why ?

Nice!

It's a not a crazy amount of $ more than a 2019 Ram 1500 classic express model either.

My brother paid ~$31K + TTL for his. The sticker was ~$39700 and this is on a base model, pentastar, quad cab 4x4 truck.

These warlocks will sellout like pretty much all trucks/suvs are until gas prices get too uncomfortable again.

Originally Posted by buster
Looks are subjective obviously. I think it's very nice.

On a different note, who is behind the engineering of the Fiat Chrysler Ram division? My dad and grandfather were always Ford truck people. I recall Dodge coming to life again in the mid to late 90's. How is the quality and reliability of the current and previous generation Ram pickups? I had a 2004 Ram with the 5.7L but had to get rid of it after a year. I loved that truck but didn't keep it long enough to really find out how reliable it was.

We have a clutch of 2011's and 2012's here at the office and all have held up quite well, save the exhaust manifolds, which have needed the studs replaced on every single one of them, but then I had to do that on my Expedition too, and my dad's Expedition sounds like it needs its done for the 2nd time now.

All of them, save one, are HEMI's, and all at over 150,000 miles.

We have one F-150 left in the fleet (the Platinum was traded on a Laramie) which is an XLT and has needed a bit more work than the Dodge's, but nothing too far out there (A/C system, thermostat, hangar bearing).

We haven't had a GM truck in the fleet in almost two decades, so I can't comment on how well they would hold up in comparison, but we certainly have no complaints around the reliability of the Dodge trucks (now RAM). We do have a GM van however, and it has been good for the most part.

Probably the worst thing about the Dodge trucks were/are the headlights. They are just plain awful on that vintage if you didn't get the Laramie with the projectors. This was improved upon in later years, as my wife's '18 had the standard reflector housings, but the headlights worked quite well.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I like it too. Something Dodge does right,they put rear firing exhaust and round wheel wells. I really hate the side firing exhaust that most trucks have. Looks goofy.

Yep! I think the rear-firing exhaust looks great, and the moulded bumper reliefs for it look great; it's an overall really sharp look
thumbsup2.gif
I agree with you on the wheel wells too.

Think it started that way when LT's pulled livestock … nowadays 1500's are used as cars …
and 3500's pull two horse trailers

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Rebel On Road edition ? … Think the original was a W150 PowerWagon (had one, but WT model) …
So, my wife and I were talking trucks … she said women always push for RAM once they see the interior … but what's this on Facebook about a "tick sound" …
Not sure she understands what I explained …

The interior is definitely a significant step-up from the other offerings. My wife absolutely loves the interior of our '19, as do I. It's extremely nice and full of well-placed convenience items. There appears to have been quite a bit of thought put into it.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Rebel grille (which is what the OP's uncle's truck has) as I think the "Sport" grille is more appealing.

The "tick" can also just be a broken exhaust manifold stud/studs, something that appears to affect all truck brands.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think it started that way when LT's pulled livestock … nowadays 1500's are used as cars …
and 3500's pull two horse trailers

Yes, you would be correct, that the primary use of most 1500's is indeed as a personal transportation device, even if the utility is exercised with some frequency, it's still secondary to basic transport. I fully acknowledge that this is how we use ours. Yes, it'll haul stuff to the cottage, pull the boat, do dump runs....etc. But it's also my wife's DD.

I was only trying to make her point … in many cases a wife has great influence on what a husband drives (or in this area for sure) … what she drives. These are often DD's.
The construction, oilfield, and utility guys here still want what holds up ... they buy WT.

I'm going to buy "middle grade" regardless … I don't drive to work, UAL does...
But when I'm off … I get dirty, my truck gets dirty …

The GM 1500's have moved the exhaust … the back looks good …
I'm still working on getting used to the front …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I was only trying to make her point … in many cases a wife has great influence on what a husband drives (or in this area for sure) … what she drives. These are often DD's.
The construction, oilfield, and utility guys here still want what holds up ... they buy WT.

I'm going to buy "middle grade" regardless … I don't drive to work, UAL does...
But when I'm off … I get dirty, my truck gets dirty …

Yep, there's definitely some truth to that. I owned the stripper of strippers back in the day, which was an '88 F-250 "Custom" with no roof liner, vinyl bench, no A/C, no cruise, and a floor you could wash out with a hose. It was a regular cab long box 2WD with 4.11 gears in the rear pot and the 300 straight six, backed by a C6 auto. I think the only thing that might have made it more basic was a stick, but that's debatable given the C6
lol.gif

The brand armies have mustered, as usual in any truck thread. Or muscle car thread. I guess it's unavoidable, since in the developed world, vehicle choice may reflect select aspects of one's personality or individualism. Hence, if someone suspects their vehicle choice is under examination, they may feel the urge to adopt a defensive stance.

I Suppose it's human nature, to a certain degree. More so among enthusiasts such as us. I know when I'd made the decision on which truck to get and found the dealer offering the best deals, I grabbed the title to the Subaru, our check book, a service history printout on the Subaru (bitog'er to the bitter core), and unlocked my credit bureau reports. Once there, I drove a black one equipped as advertised and fitting what I sought, liked it, but it just didn't totally do it for me the black didn't look as good in person as in photos. Looked through their inventory of others equipped the same, and saw it. The One. Lol, queue the love story music. A truck in metallic gray with silver pinstripes and the model name highlighted with silver inlay on tailgate. Immediate connection with that truck.

Call it emotion, call it you know it when you see it, but I knew as soon as I laid eyes on it that was my truck right there and that evening it was in our driveway. It's quite a feeling that we're privileged to experience like that, and I bet each of us has had it happen that way when we bought one of our vehicles.

So in light of the above, I will never whizz on another's happy post or thread about their new pride and joy, just because I chose a different brand or model. We can't really go very wrong buying any full size truck offered in 2019-- they're all sooooo much better than what we may remember from decades past. More powerful, more efficient, longer lasting, better handling, better hauling and towing, and more comfortable to drive and ride in. It's a great time to be alive for vehicle enthusiasts. Let us just appreciate the great trucks we all have to choose from when looking for our next one.

Originally Posted by 4WD
The GM 1500's have moved the exhaust … the back looks good …
I'm still working on getting used to the front …

Yes, I noticed that. I'm not a fan of the front, as it looks way too tall. I think the current '19 RAM has the best looking front of the available offerings, trying to keep this on topic
lol.gif

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

So in light of the above, I will never whizz on another's happy post or thread about their new pride and joy, just because I chose a different brand or model. We can't really go very wrong buying any full size truck offered in 2019-- they're all sooooo much better than what we may remember from decades past. More powerful, more efficient, longer lasting, better handling, better hauling and towing, and more comfortable to drive and ride in. It's a great time to be alive for vehicle enthusiasts. Let us just appreciate the great trucks we all have to choose from when looking for our next one.

Amen. You've hit the nail on the head. This wasn't a solicitation for opinion thread, it was a share, about a new purchase. All the available options are pretty great right now, as you've noted. I certainly wouldn't throw your truck out of bed
wink.gif
I think it looks great!
thumbsup2.gif

This thread was far from the worst vehicle brand debate on this site… I had all of the big three in the last decade and looked at those 3 last Fall … People seem to associate thier great wisdom in selecting a certain make … But they are normally anything but a wise investment …

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Probably the worst thing about the Dodge trucks were/are the headlights. They are just plain awful on that vintage if you didn't get the Laramie with the projectors. This was improved upon in later years, as my wife's '18 had the standard reflector housings, but the headlights worked quite well.

The standard incandescent reflector headlamps on Ram 1500s up to the 2019 classics are generally seen as horrible. I have to agree. I own a 2017 and my brother has a 2019 classic. They're so bad if you forget to click off your high beams people don't even flash you for the most part.

I grew up driving vehicles with replaceable glass headlamps (sealed beams?) and still notice the weakness on these vehicles. It's really the only complaint I have with my Ram 1500.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I like it too. Something Dodge does right,they put rear firing exhaust and round wheel wells. I really hate the side firing exhaust that most trucks have. Looks goofy.

Dual rear exit exhaust looks awesome but I prefer side exhaust for functionality. Rear exhaust pretty much makes it impossible to use hitch mounted cargo carriers or mud flaps. It also means I can't load the bed, or hook up a trailer while the truck is running unless I want to huff exhaust fumes.

Originally Posted by JTK

The standard incandescent reflector headlamps on Ram 1500s up to the 2019 classics are generally seen as horrible. I have to agree. I own a 2017 and my brother has a 2019 classic. They're so bad if you forget to click off your high beams people don't even flash you for the most part.

I grew up driving vehicles with replaceable glass headlamps (sealed beams?) and still notice the weakness on these vehicles. It's really the only complaint I have with my Ram 1500.

thumbsup2.gif

The 2012 ones are definitely worse than the ones we had on our '18, so there must have been some improvement there, albeit it still didn't make them great. I think they might have run them through a relay? I believe the housings are slightly different too.

Our '19 has the factory LED's and they are quite good.

Originally Posted by buster
Looks are subjective obviously. I think it's very nice.

On a different note, who is behind the engineering of the Fiat Chrysler Ram division? My dad and grandfather were always Ford truck people. I recall Dodge coming to life again in the mid to late 90's. How is the quality and reliability of the current and previous generation Ram pickups? I had a 2004 Ram with the 5.7L but had to get rid of it after a year. I loved that truck but didn't keep it long enough to really find out how reliable it was.

We have a clutch of 2011's and 2012's here at the office and all have held up quite well, save the exhaust manifolds, which have needed the studs replaced on every single one of them, but then I had to do that on my Expedition too, and my dad's Expedition sounds like it needs its done for the 2nd time now.

All of them, save one, are HEMI's, and all at over 150,000 miles.

We have one F-150 left in the fleet (the Platinum was traded on a Laramie) which is an XLT and has needed a bit more work than the Dodge's, but nothing too far out there (A/C system, thermostat, hangar bearing).

We haven't had a GM truck in the fleet in almost two decades, so I can't comment on how well they would hold up in comparison, but we certainly have no complaints around the reliability of the Dodge trucks (now RAM). We do have a GM van however, and it has been good for the most part.

Good info, thank you!

Oh he had them take off the hood decal and "warlock" on the side. I would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back