2019 Dodge Ram Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that color. I bet it would be gorgeous in bright red! Those oem wheels are sweet too.

Dodge makes the best looking trucks hands down. Dodge vehicles always seemed to be ahead of their time imo. The Daytona turbo,Stealth twin turbo,and their trucks. Kind've futuristic and cutting edge.

1st truck for me was a 87 Chevy 2wd Wrangler (CDN only) then a 97 GMC Sierra SLE Ext cab 4x4 and lastly an 09 GMC Sierra SLT.

When I started having issues with my 09 Sierra, which there were many!
mad.gif
I traded it in on my current 13 Ram after being told to take one for a test ride from 2 friends I worked with.

Long story short, my 13 Ram has definitely been the best truck I have ever owned. Gobs of power, great ride, super quiet, amazing interior, etc.

I like the new ones as well but since my 09 Sierra caused me way too many issues, including the replacement of the engine at 8,000 kms, I am paranoid to trade my 13 Ram in on a new one as it has been an excellent truck.

I just checked out a guys brand new, 2019 Black Larmie Longhorn the other day and what a gorgeous truck! I really like, even still to this day my interior and the rest of my truck but the new ones, imo, outdo it significantly.

Wrangler.jpg

Walker.jpg

Walker2.JPG

IMG_0653 (Large).JPG

Hrm. I've been toying with getting rid of my truck, but my wife insists that I need one. I don't think she cares what it is as she doesn't plan to use it often; she's said that we probably don't need 4 doors next time. Then again, she's borrowing it today and has to drive around both kids as she needs to move some boxy stuff.

I don't think she cares what it looks like. As long as the a/c and heat work. Although I suspect she'd vote for a manual transmission every time, neither of us have driven these newer domestics.

Yep, it would be. I'm kinda partial to RCSB though, I know it's a hated setup on BITOG as it wouldn't have a proper 8' bed but I think they look a bit better than RCLB. Plus I like having a cap on the truck so that stuff doesn't get rain or snow on it, but I'm also getting tired of climbing in and then crouching over to get to anything next to the cab. A minivan is probably my best vehicle but between snow duty and now enclosed trailer moving duty I'm leery... if that trailer ever goes away then I'm going to be stuck dealing with traverse V6 woes. Anyhow, I've been toying with a non-Pre-Runner 2WD Tacoma, low to the ground and small, if I were to trade out of my truck (but I'd lose 4WD which might make it intolerable, dunno).

RCSB was what I was shopping in the fall. Most of them were Ford's - 95% of them were the new V6 that I decided the verdict was not out on, and none of them had a locker in the rear. The lone eB power truck was outrageously expensive. Found 2 RAM's … but they were more like roadster trucks and I was looking for moderate off-road. Plenty nice 4 doors.

Despite living in a small truck town and being close enough to a huge market in Houston … they had no Chevy trucks and only one GMC. The Jimmy was a WT series, but ordered with some packages that plastered it with chrome. I like monotone paint …
Drove 140 miles north to see two GM's and got a 2018 RCSB Z71 ... They don't make those 2019 up …

I should point out that as member of the "older is better" crowd my next truck will be well used. I can't justify new money for something I use only a couple times per month--heck I can't justify that kind of money for something I use every day.

JustN89 said:
To be fair, this is not the updated 2019 look. These are 2019 Classics. The new 2019 look is best on the market, and it's really not even all that close (the F-150 is close on the exterior, but the interior looks worlds better in the Ram).

I agree - the RAM has the best interiors of them all...especially LongHorn and Limited. I have a Limited and the interior blows the competition away - even luxury cars!

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
The brand armies have mustered, as usual in any truck thread.

You are right about that, but I wanted to say I am not brand loyal. I have owned Chevy -- Chevy -- Ford, and now a 2019 Ram Classic I just got a killer deal on.

The RAM styling and ride comfort made it THE clear choice for me. Lots of consumers are agreeing with me 100% right now!

Hate to see folks suffer in these interiors after a long day with a chainsaw and dragging/loading hardwood
(tried to attach a Ford Platinum but file issues)

B8507E3E-01D1-437A-AFD5-94D5A6D3FD2B.jpeg

7428B704-FF4D-46EB-8F60-E6C4D55EDB55.jpeg

37FDDF41-56A3-4134-9A60-A2AFD2C8FEE2.jpeg

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think it started that way when LT's pulled livestock … nowadays 1500's are used as cars …
and 3500's pull two horse trailers

I laughed at this, becuase you are aren't entirely incorrect but I can't believe the amount of 1/2 tons at the campgrounds.
Lots of my buddies have trucks they don't use for towing. I am fine with that.

The 1/2 tons are pretty capable these days.

I am glad I went with the 3500 this time. First tow is tomorrow.

Originally Posted by 4WD
They don't make those 2019 up …

Not for US consumption, but they do make them...

Sucks, because I actually kind of like the 2019+ in that configuration, not sure why but it makes the front less offensive.

Originally Posted by 02SE
The more rounded wheelwells are a big improvement, IMO.

Agreed. No more round pegs in square holes. GM for a long time couldn't seem to grasp that simple concept often mastered by toddlers before age 3.

When I used to waterfowl hunt a bunch ... it was easier to dig mud out of the GM's wheel wells 🚜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back