New Truck - Chevrolet 2500HD w/ 6.6L L8T

Picked this big fella up on Thursday. Felt like I needed to offset the Tesla that's been in our driveway with a big fuel-gulping American V8. 😂

It's a '24 Chevrolet 2500HD Custom with the 6.6 L8T gasoline engine. For 2024, this engine also comes with the Allison 10 speed, which was a big positive, IMO. It has everything I want in a truck, and not much that I don't. Simple, functional. No huge screens or massaging seats. Just a truck (by today's standards). The market's definitely cooling - I paid about $3k below MSRP and it had been on the lot since the end of October. For tax purposes, I wanted to buy a truck after 1JAN, and had been keeping my eye on this one since it hit the lot back in October.

My son races dirt bikes, so we're going to pick up a toy hauler for the upcoming season.
1705290057104.png

Now I just need to find some running boards like you did, so I can stop using a parachute every time I need to get out of this monster!
LOL! I was having to rappel out of it before I picked these up. I had ordered some from Amazon but they got "Lost". Found this set on marketplace. GM takes offs. Guy had them on a month or two but wanted electric ones. I picked these up for 200 bucks. GM list them for 600.

I have about 1600 miles on mine now. I like it way more than I thought I was going to. The LT series of engines, like this L8T, really don't have a carbon deposit problem with the direct injection.

I love your clearance lights. I searched all over for a long bed and could not find one. Were you looking for a short bed?

LOL! I was having to rappel out of it before I picked these up. I had ordered some from Amazon but they got "Lost". Found this set on marketplace. GM takes offs. Guy had them on a month or two but wanted electric ones. I picked these up for 200 bucks. GM list them for 600.

I have about 1600 miles on mine now. I like it way more than I thought I was going to. The LT series of engines, like this L8T, really don't have a carbon deposit problem with the direct injection.

I love your clearance lights. I searched all over for a long bed and could not find one. Were you looking for a short bed?

Yeah, I really wanted a long bed. The plan is to buy a bumper pull toy hauler where we'll carry the dirt bikes and then throw an ATV in the bed of the truck for pit duties. A short bed would have been a tight fit for the 4wheeler, so I was really holding out for a long bed. Being able to haul 8' lumber without laying it on the tailgate is a bonus.

I've been checking Marketplace for running boards. Nothing yet, but I'm confident something will pop up. I live in the boonies, so nothing is ever close to me. Ha.

The truck is optioned pretty well, with the only thing I wish it had was the gooseneck prep. I'll install a B&W in the future if I need, but a spray in liner will be in the near future.

1705329741151.jpg

New truck, electric car, and spending money on your child’s happiness and fulfillment.

Unauthorized behavior sir. The correct answer was used Camry and Tundra, tell your son he cannot race anymore, and hoard all your cash so you can stare at it…

What is the point of having money if you’re just going to enjoy yourself with it?

Kidding of course. 😉 Nice truck!

The gasser comes with 3.73, and the Duramax 3.42

Adam Corolla said in like 2011 With a model S and a big truck you are set. You got both ends covered.

A 373's gotta be just great with that 10 speed.

Love it. Hope it last you a lifetime.

Last edited:
Back