Say Goodbye to Supertech oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chunt
Stopped by my Walmart today and they have restocked the Supertech filters. Still selling at $1.50

Are they (new stock) made the same as prior inventory?

Still $2 this morning and very picked over. Just have 8s and 5s and a couple of others I have no use for. I did grab a couple of 5s for my '78 farm truck.

A 95% @ 29 microns filter
A 83% @ 25 microns filter
A 68% @ 20 microns filter

That will still be available at Napa as a ProSelect & at O'Reilly as a Microgard.

I have plenty of filters in my stash now, but if I HAD to run an oil filter with a combo valve it would be a 90+% @ 20 microns Champ Labs ecore and not a 68% @ 20 microns Mann +Hummel for various reasons including personal use experience with both designs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
All this fretting and carrying on about a mere 95% filter. Trust me we'll all get over it.

This is an oil filter forum and the last time I checked that brand fell into that category.I hope YOU get over it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
All this fretting and carrying on about a mere 95% filter. Trust me we'll all get over it.

This is an oil filter forum and the last time I checked that brand fell into that category.I hope YOU get over it.

I hope you get over buying junk. Just because you're cheap.

Last edited:
Cheap filters flow well, which some of us want - without higher filter costs.
My Premium Guards from Rock Auto are $1.41 with 96% efficiency. A well known filter cutter here is very familiar with the filter maker and says I should be fine for my 5-6K OCIs.
I want quiet startups, and high standing idle pressure rates on my oil gauge, which I didn't get with my last purchase of Fram Ultra

I'm not debating this, for you cannot see and hear my Chevrolet 3.5 engine, vehicle and gauges. So replies to me will not be challenged. These Premium Guards get engines to 300K also. Oil filters on today's high tech, highly evolved engines are overrated and not needed anymore. Engines are not designed to house sludge anymore. Gaskets to seal from oil contaminants are better than ever.

I am 1st and last owner of my vehicles. If I thought the properly chosen cheap filters today wouldn't get me 16-18 years of service on the same vehicle, I would not run them. Some cheap filters are lousy..... some aren't, when used correctly.

Stocked up on all filters needed for vehicles in my fleet @$2 each. May hit one more WM tomorrow to clean them out too. All of my OCI's are 5KMI or less so these work very well.

I never had a problem with them and your ignorant without facts.

Last edited:

I never had a problem with them and your ignorant without facts.

And to add, many garages use the store brand filters with the lowest cost without any problems. Every garage I know of does this without issue. The only time they use a more expensive filter is when the customer requests/supplies it.

There's nothing wrong with these for a short OCI-I may try one of the 98 cent ST8As I picked up in the XJ with a 15W40/20W50 Frankenbrew to see if it helps the oil pressure issues it has. I wouldn't push them past 5K, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back