2010 Rav4. ST9972 FILTER

Smaller ones have better rigidity and are less likely to become serial wavers
waver.jpg

So my neighbor asked me to do a quick oil change today on his daughter's car. Ran to wallyworld real quick for a filter and the only one they had in stock was the supertech. I often don't use supertech but did notice these are wire backed. Filter seems pretty nice quality for the under $3 bucks at walmart. Has this filter always been like this or is this new? For the money it's not bad at all

View attachment 214173

View attachment 214174

View attachment 214175
Wow! Good find.

I looked at the ST9972 model in my local store today. They stocked about seven, and all of them had pleats that were uneven or otherwise poorly spaced. I will keep checking when I am in the store but so far i am not overly impressed.

Did they look the same as the one I posted or were they different? I didn't have a chance the other day to run to the other Walmart and check them out

Did they look the same as the one I posted or were they different? I didn't have a chance the other day to run to the other Walmart and check them out
It looked like that but the pleats were not nearly as even. They were glued nicely into the end caps so they would likely be fine, but they were just uneven.

Back