Say Goodbye to Supertech oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously they were not selling. WalMart plays the sales per square foot game the best of all of them.

Now wouldn’t it be great if Chevron made a deal to stock their whole Havoline lineup? I might jump on that but I’ll wait till it happens.

Well, not on clearance at my local store... and no 9018 at all...

And truthfully, $0.84 off is not that great of a deal for most of them. If they dropped to $1 then yeah.
The 9018 is $6.44 in the basic Fram, so $2 would be a good price (even the $2.84 is a good price IMO).

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Well, not on clearance at my local store... and no 9018 at all...

And truthfully, $0.84 off is not that great of a deal for most of them. If they dropped to $1 then yeah.
The 9018 is $6.44 in the basic Fram, so $2 would be a good price (even the $2.84 is a good price IMO).

Did you scan any? Online say $2 in store.

The shelf was full and prices were normal on the ST filters at my local Walmart this evening.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
I just looked up the ST2 and it is flagged as in store purchase only. Price $2.00 save $0.84

Same here...I might go buy a few more ST2. Good for rinse runs or friends vehicles.

They had all the ST and Shell Rotella filters at my walmart on clearance too. Along with multiple oil lines and all the Castrol ATF's

It's weird they are on clearance already.

When did they start carrying these in the WIX form anyways?

* I did buy my first one (for use) yesterday. The ST3980 for my truck. The last one too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blupupher
While I am sad to see some of them go away, and I really used to talk them up, the last 2 I used I was not impressed with.

The Wix Combo valve is a big turn off (not all models use it), and the weak media was the downfall for me (not tears or failures in use, but cutting apart after a "regular" OCI, I found it to be too brittle for my liking).

+1

I was never impressed with Supertech oil filters. They seemed light when I picked them up, and the one for my Hyundai is much smaller than OEM and other aftermarket filters spec'd for my car. The Supertech ST9688 is a small consolidated filter, which I don't prefer to use.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
When did they start carrying these in the WIX form anyways?

A few years now, I think this started in 2015?

They are probably just changing manufacturer again, and making room for the new supertech filter.

I have been buying this $2.84 ST filter for my wife's scion for several years now with no issues for her 5k runs.

No knock, no weird problems.

My sonata has more tight requirements for filter, so I stick with oem for that one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Go to Napa and grab a proselect. Believe its same filter and similar price.

ONLY if you want your engine to sound like a woodpecker on a streetlight upon start up!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Go to Napa and grab a proselect. Believe its same filter and similar price.

ONLY if you want your engine to sound like a woodpecker on a streetlight upon start up!
shocked2.gif

With my Jeep, I couldn’t agree more sadly. My truck uses it’s own bypass and could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back