New vehicle purchase: ‘24 Mazda 3 Hatch 6MT

Nice! I like the color, it looks good in-person in my opinion. I was going to replace by 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback with a new one last year when my 07 was totaled. But, the local dealer didn't have stock and was charging $3K+ "MaRkEt AdJuStMeNTt" on their cars. I ran out of that dealership and ending up buying a new Jetta GLI instead. It worked out in the end.

I've been proud that we did MSRP and no more even during the worst of the inventory shortage days. This car, with the color and manual, was listed at MSRP but the Mazda Employee Plan took a bit over $2000 off along with a $500 Mazda Loyalty Rebate.

Congrats. Mazda has similar colors in this palette, this one and Zircon now. I wish Mazda would get rid the the piano black plastic inside, putting it on the door window switches is a bad idea.

I'm with you on that. I'll be doing paint protection film cut to a template for the piano black plastic on the interior. Thankfully, our CX-90 has zero piano black plastic.

Congratulations! I have 45k miles on my 2021 Mazda 3 Hatch MT and I love it so much...I'm always looking for an excuse to drive it. I love the color...Platinum Quartz is not available with the Red interior, correct?

Correct. I think that would be a really oddball combo.

I looked at one today and generally liked it. I didn't like the rear visibility, though. Some people say that you get used to it?

I looked at one today and generally liked it. I didn't like the rear visibility, though. Some people say that you get used to it?
It depends on what you're coming from or what you are comparing it to. The visibility is one of the few glaring faults of the car; there is no way to sugar coat it. However, with standard Blind Spot Monitoring on all trims for '24 it is at least mitigated with safety tech. I had a customer that traded in a 10 year old Subaru Forester recently and that thing was like a fish bowl with excellent visibility.

While I do like the quirky styling of the hatch I think the 3 sedan is much more handsome and the best looking car in it's class. I owned a '22 3 Sedan Premium in Deep Crystal Blue about a year ago for a very short stint and being "not made in Japan" I personally felt a pretty appreciable difference in quality and fit/finish. All hatches are made in Japan and as tight as a drum in my experience.

How much did it cost?
Did you pay over MSRP?
I work for the dealership so I get the Mazda "E-Plan".
MSRP: $31,515
E-Plan: $29,562

Our dealership has never charged over MSRP, even during the worst days of the inventory shortage. This car, however, was listed for MSRP due to the rarity of the manual and color.

Last edited:
very nice. i miss my shinka rx8. was a wonderful car. i'm sure this one will give you many years of great service.
interestingly your shift pattern is the same as my 911's.

I loved my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3. I added the Mazdaspeed intake, a Hypertech tune, Koni FSDs, a JBR rear anti-roll bar set to 50% stiffer than stock, and Michelin PSS tires on Gen 2 wheels. I bought it new and drove it from July 2007 to January 2016 putting 158k miles on it in the process. I actually held on to it longer than I planned to in hopes Mazda would build another Mazdaspeed 3. They didn't so I moved on.
1700604808854.png

No touch screen with CarPlay or did they implement? Like the car and miss manual but don’t mind modern automatics.
The Turbo trim has a larger (10.25" vs 8.8") screen that is touch capable in CarPlay (only). I've been driving Mazdas for a bit now so I'm totally acclimated to the rotary dial on the center console for anything.

Back