New vehicle purchase: ‘24 Mazda 3 Hatch 6MT

Well, 30 days after we traded my wife’s ‘21 CX-9 in for a ‘24 CX-90 in Platinum Quartz we added another Platinum Quartz Mazda to the garage - my new daily driver ‘24 3 Hatch Premium manual transmission.

Yes….already getting the HPL order ready, haha.

Attachments

• IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_3346.jpeg
    IMG_3346.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 270
Nice was it a special order on the 3? The odd thing is that in Canada you can still get the sedan with the 6 mt and from the website other options as well. Is your 3 tan? I only thought you could get the manual in 3 colors? Cool ride.

Nice was it a special order on the 3? The odd thing is that in Canada you can still get the sedan with the 6 mt and from the website other options as well. Is your 3 tan? I only thought you could get the manual in 3 colors? Cool ride.
No. Just a random one in our normal allocation. We’ve had one other one in this spec/color and that was was 6+ months ago.

The color is called Platinum Quartz Metallic. A silvery champagne type color.

How do you like the shift quality, cold versus hot? How 'bout the ability to shift smoothly, first to second (due to the fairly significant gear-ratio step between the gears)? How 'bout the adequacy of bottom-end torque (and, indeed, the overall power of the car)?

Nice! I like the color, it looks good in-person in my opinion. I was going to replace by 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback with a new one last year when my 07 was totaled. But, the local dealer didn't have stock and was charging $3K+ "MaRkEt AdJuStMeNTt" on their cars. I ran out of that dealership and ending up buying a new Jetta GLI instead. It worked out in the end.

That is pretty nice. I too think I would need to see the color in person. Reminds me too much of some of the interior color on a Submarine.

Congrats. Mazda has similar colors in this palette, this one and Zircon now. I wish Mazda would get rid the the piano black plastic inside, putting it on the door window switches is a bad idea.

@cammyfive79, How do you like the shift quality, cold versus hot? How 'bout the ability to shift smoothly, first to second (due to the fairly significant gear-ratio step between the gears)? How 'bout the adequacy of bottom-end torque (and, indeed, the overall power of the car)?

Congratulations! I have 45k miles on my 2021 Mazda 3 Hatch MT and I love it so much...I'm always looking for an excuse to drive it. I love the color...Platinum Quartz is not available with the Red interior, correct?

How do you like the shift quality, cold versus hot? How 'bout the ability to shift smoothly, first to second (due to the fairly significant gear-ratio step between the gears)? How 'bout the adequacy of bottom-end torque (and, indeed, the overall power of the car)?

The shifter is perfectly fine but not on the level of the older Hondas (S2000, Civic Si, etc). For me, this is a fuel efficient yet classy daily driver. With 186hp it is never feels underpowered, but I ouldn't say it is a fast or powerful car by any stretch. It does spin freely to redline so that is enjoyable; I haven't done that in this car obviously with less than 50 miles on it, but previous ones here I've driven that were older. :)

Back