(HPL) Oil recommendations on a new engine design - '24 Mazda CX-90 I-6 Turbo

Wait for the CX-70 which should be coming out early next year. It should be similar to the CX60 which is sold in Europe.

Latest *rumor* I've heard is that the 70 will be almost the same size as the 90 but launch in Turbo S trims only with a focus on sport appearance - black wheels, mirrors, grille, etc. Nothing official has been released so we shall see.

Latest *rumor* I've heard is that the 70 will be almost the same size as the 90 but launch in Turbo S trims only with a focus on sport appearance - black wheels, mirrors, grille, etc. Nothing official has been released so we shall see.

From everything I have heard it is sized between the CX5 and the CX90. It’s a two row crossover. I believe it will have the same power train options as the CX90 with the turbo inline six or the 2.5 4 cylinder hybrid. It will have the same interior options as well.

There might be a trim level option that is sporty but lots of speculation on that.

Turbo S starts around $53k MSRP and go up to a hair under $62K if you go with the Premium Plus trim - nappa leather, fabric or suede dash, cooled 2nd row seats, 21" wheels, maxed out with options. Surprisingly, we've seen fairly good demand for that top trim. The car itself in base form starts in the very low $40s. Our Preferred Plus package - mid level - was $47K but employee pricing coupled with rebates for owning a Mazda already and incentive specials put that in the lower $40s. IMO, it can't be beat at that price range.
So you don’t mind this mazda over an over priced Toyota Highlighter?

So you don’t mind this mazda over an over priced Toyota Highlighter?

They really compete at the opposite ends of the same class - if you need to cram every cubic inch of people/cargo into a vehicle, the Highlander is probably your choice. If you want to drive something other than a Maytag washing machine on wheels and can live with some of the space constraints of the CX-90, I feel it is a far better vehicle.

i am not putting 0w20 in mine in summer i can garantee you that and i am in Canada. it will have 5w30 just like my other Mazda vehicles had . and no euro oils. i have the 340hp version. it is called GTP in Canada. there is a Signature trim above. the GTP trim is similar to turbo S premium trim in the US. the Signature trim has facial recognition and i did not like that. but yes the interior is a bit nicer.

the engine is the Mazda 2.2 four cylinder with two more cylinders. What works for the 4 cylinder
will work just fine with the 6. Any good synthetic is a good choice.
My 2¢

the engine is the Mazda 2.2 four cylinder with two more cylinders. What works for the 4 cylinder
will work just fine with the 6. Any good synthetic is a good choice.
My 2¢
Ah yes, the well-known Mazda 2.2L Skyactiv-G (which doesn’t exist).

The inline six also has the timing chain at the rear of the engine, the high pressure fuel pump driven off the timing chain, and that’s probably enough differences to show it ain’t just Mazda’s four with two extra cylinders welded on.

Ah yes, the well-known Mazda 2.2L Skyactiv-G (which doesn’t exist).

The inline six also has the timing chain at the rear of the engine, the high pressure fuel pump driven off the timing chain, and that’s probably enough differences to show it ain’t just Mazda’s four with two extra cylinders welded on.
The 2.2 is an older engine dimension wise. Mostly in Miatas. It has, of course, up grades and improvements.

How long are you going to keep it? For 3 years the cheapest oil and don't waste the $$$ on a uoa.

OP, you should log into your Mazda app and go to Help > Contact Mazda > Email (it’ll auto fill your VIN) and just ask them if using 0w/5w-30 will cause warranty issues.

Get it on record what they say. Let’s settle this.

Yeah thats why I stated 0W-20. OP lives in USA, correct?
If a 20 grade and 30 grade are listed as recommendations in the owner’s manual, the only way running a 30 grade oil would cause issues would be if the oil itself were directly responsible for the failure.

Oil changes & other maintenance being documented on time per the OLM or OM recommendations will carry much more weight towards warranty coverage than using a 30 grade when it’s in the manual.

i am not putting 0w20 in mine in summer i can garantee you that and i am in Canada. it will have 5w30 just like my other Mazda vehicles had . and no euro oils. i have the 340hp version. it is called GTP in Canada. there is a Signature trim above. the GTP trim is similar to turbo S premium trim in the US. the Signature trim has facial recognition and i did not like that. but yes the interior is a bit nicer.
Why no euro oils?

Back