Mobil 1 0w-40 (FS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Bjornviken

Your not even trying to get any facts.

I'm asking you to provide them to back your assertions. I'm simply not willing to "google" results, as those aren't facts. Hopefully Molakule can provide some insight here, given he's a blender.

And your comments does not make any sense at all. You can ask Shell about it and they will tell you that Shell helix ultra 0w-40 have more gtl than the 5w-40.

The people at the Shell tech support desk do not have intimate knowledge of their oil formulations. In that context, my comments make perfect sense. They are not going to divulge proprietary blending information to a random end user.

5w-40 is common viscosity and chepest oils too in my country. Is it so hard to understand that i was talking about 0w-xx GTL oils?

I'm aware 5w-40 is cheaper and more common generally. That doesn't in any way affect how much GTL base oil is in the product however. There are majority PAO 5w-40's out there that would be more expensive to blend than a Group III 0w-40. I fully understand that you want to keep this discussion focused on 0w-xx, my question for you, and one you still haven't answered is why the GTL-based 5w-40 that had LL-01 is being overlooked here.

Do you really think that mobil 1 didnt want to pay to get the Bmw LL01?

It is certainly possible if they knew the spec was going away, as per the post in the Euro oil section I linked you to earlier. Same reason Shell may have not pursued it for their recent 0w-40 blend and likely why the TwinPower 0w-40 has gone away, along with the LL-01 5w-30.

Their is no oil brand with viscosity of 0w-xx that have gtl over 50% that will get the BMW Longlife 1.

As per your posit. Again, I'm just asking for some supporting information. Telling me to google it isn't going to cut it. I would like a technical explanation, preferably from somebody who actually blends oils as to why this is the case.

Mobil 1 fs 0w-40 contain 40-70% gtl,this info is via your old post here at the forum. Nice work! Now bring me someting about the bmw twin power 0w-40,voa or a uoa so i can compere zink amount or titanium

A VOA or UOA isn't going to tell us much about the GTL content though, right? And since that oil is now discontinued, obtaining new information is going to be even more difficult.

Does it feel like we are going round-and-round yet?
grin.gif

The voa will tell you what oil it is... And does it not ring any bells if its gonna be discontinued? You will see in future that its not gonna be any bmw ll01 0w-xx gtl oils. You have posted mobil 1 fs 0w-40 msds on this site:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4028815/Mobil_1_now_containing_GTL

The voa will tell you what oil it is... And does it not ring any bells if its gonna be discontinued? You will see in future that its not gonna be any bmw ll01 0w-xx gtl oils. You have posted mobil 1 fs 0w-40 msds on this site:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4028815/Mobil_1_now_containing_GTL

I think you are missing the boat bud. The VOA isn't going to tell us what is in TwinPower 0w-40 other than additive levels. Since that oil is now discontinued, obtaining some to even test, if you wanted to see moly or ZDDP levels is now also difficult. However none of this does anything to aide your claim about GTL, it's just a detour.

I think you are missing the boat bud. The VOA isn't going to tell us what is in TwinPower 0w-40 other than additive levels. Since that oil is now discontinued, obtaining some to even test, if you wanted to see moly or ZDDP levels is now also difficult. However none of this does anything to aide your claim about GTL, it's just a detour.

i am already on the boat, i think you went on the wrong boat. Only want to see the zddp amount and its contain any titanium. Shell helix ultra 0w-40 with active clensing did have over 1300 zddp. Cant get the pdf in here with my smart phone. But will se if i get tomorrow with my computer. Havent found any 0w-xx gtl oils that have BMW LL01.
Bmw twin power oil can be re branded oil whith shell brand name on it, who knows?

Only want to see the zddp amount and its contain any titanium. Shell helix ultra 0w-40 with active clensing did have over 1300 zddp. Cant get the pdf in here with my smart phone. But will se if i get tomorrow with my computer. Havent found any 0w-xx gtl oils that have BMW LL01.
Bmw twin power oil can be re branded oil whith shell brand name on it, who knows?

OK, but what does any of that have to do with your GTL claims? Did you bother to read Molakule's post?

Only want to see the zddp amount and its contain any titanium. Shell helix ultra 0w-40 with active clensing did have over 1300 zddp. Cant get the pdf in here with my smart phone. But will se if i get tomorrow with my computer. Havent found any 0w-xx gtl oils that have BMW LL01.

OK, but what does any of that have to do with your GTL claims? Did you bother to read Molakule's post?

Pretty funny that Shell helix ultra did claim that they keeps the engine to factory clean when they moved to gtl. And no other oil keeps the engine cleaner than them. Same goes for pennzoil. GTL 0w-xx will never get bmw longlife. There is no oil that keep engine clean as 0w-xx gtl oil. Old group 3 does not come near it. Same goes with gtl diesel that we have here. Same claim for it too "keeps engine cleaner" Can anybody explain me that? Common sense. Same goes with mid saps oil that using gtl 0w-xx looses too LL04.
Cant you figure it out? Shell have contract with bmw and i cant get a shell LL01 0w-xx in eu? But did it before when it was the old formula. My point is as i did tell before that no gtl 0w-xx will get the bmw long life 01. Shell would had it long ago the spec with their new 0w-xx gtl lines.BTW bmw twin power oil has always been garbage.

Pretty funny that Shell helix ultra did claim that they keeps the engine to factory clean when they moved to gtl.

It's marketing. Mobil makes similar claims and always has.

And no other oil keeps the engine cleaner than them. Same goes for pennzoil.

And this is based on what? Did you even bother to read Molakule's post?

GTL 0w-xx will never get bmw longlife.

You mean LL-01, as there are multiple Longlife standards and you tore into me for mentioning LL-01FE earlier. And no, if the spec is being discontinued then I would imagine nobody will be getting LL-01, regardless of the grade.

There is no oil that keep engine clean as 0w-xx gtl oil.

And this is again based on what? You realize there are other base oils, like PAO and Esters that perform better than GTL right? But they are more money. Conveniently, Shell doesn't produce PAO, but Mobil does (and Esters). What part about the Winter rating of the lubricant makes it a better cleaner? This is the part you still haven't been able to explain.

Old group 3 does not come near it.

Again, see Molakule's post, he addressed this. Go back, read it, please.

Same goes with gtl diesel that we have here. Same claim for it too "keeps engine cleaner" Can anybody explain me that?

You are now trying to compare a fuel product to a lubricant?

Common sense. Same goes with mid saps oil that using gtl 0w-xx looses too LL04.

OK, so now we CAN discuss other specs that aren't LL-01? And I don't think there's much common sense being tossed around here...

Cant you figure it out? Shell have contract with bmw and i cant get a shell LL01 0w-xx in eu? But did it before when it was the old formula. My point is as i did tell before that no gtl 0w-xx will get the bmw long life 01. Shell would had it long ago the spec with their new 0w-xx gtl lines.BTW bmw twin power oil has always been garbage.

Ahhhh so now the Shell oils are too good for LL-01 unless they are in a BMW bottle and then they are garbage. Perfectly clear, thanks
crazy2.gif

Instead of continuing this dance with me can you please take the time to read and respond to Molakule's post?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

At least you're demonstrating that you really are just a troll on here to gain attention, not someone who deals with facts. Multiple individuals are making virtually the same comment and you're not responding to any of it, that is the indicator.

And it becomes more obvious with every post...

Pretty funny that Shell helix ultra did claim that they keeps the engine to factory clean when they moved to gtl. And no other oil keeps the engine cleaner than them. Same goes for pennzoil. GTL 0w-xx will never get bmw longlife. There is no oil that keep engine clean as 0w-xx gtl oil. Old group 3 does not come near it. Same goes with gtl diesel that we have here. Same claim for it too "keeps engine cleaner" Can anybody explain me that? Common sense. Same goes with mid saps oil that using gtl 0w-xx looses too LL04.

Can someone translate this?

Bjornviken said:
Pretty funny that Shell helix ultra did claim that they keeps the engine to factory clean when they moved to gtl.

It's marketing. Mobil makes similar claims and always has.

And no other oil keeps the engine cleaner than them. Same goes for pennzoil.

And this is based on what? Did you even bother to read Molakule's post?

GTL 0w-xx will never get bmw longlife.

You mean LL-01, as there are multiple Longlife standards and you tore into me for mentioning LL-01FE earlier. And no, if the spec is being discontinued then I would imagine nobody will be getting LL-01, regardless of the grade.

There is no oil that keep engine clean as 0w-xx gtl oil.

And this is again based on what? You realize there are other base oils, like PAO and Esters that perform better than GTL right? But they are more money. Conveniently, Shell doesn't produce PAO, but Mobil does (and Esters). What part about the Winter rating of the lubricant makes it a better cleaner? This is the part you still haven't been able to explain.

Old group 3 does not come near it.

Again, see Molakule's post, he addressed this. Go back, read it, please.

Same goes with gtl diesel that we have here. Same claim for it too "keeps engine cleaner" Can anybody explain me that?

You are now trying to compare a fuel product to a lubricant?

Common sense. Same goes with mid saps oil that using gtl 0w-xx looses too LL04.

OK, so now we CAN discuss other specs that aren't LL-01? And I don't think there's much common sense being tossed around here...

Ahhhh so now the Shell oils are too good for LL-01 unless they are in a BMW bottle and then they are garbage. Perfectly clear, thanks
crazy2.gif

Instead of continuing this dance with me can you please take the time to read and respond to Molakule's

Mobil 1 does not make same claims(to clean better than all the major brands). You did missunderstund me totally. Dind never say Shell oils are to good. BMW long life is no special spec.Did bring the GTL diesel into picture off its cleaning ability.

Mobil 1 does not make same claims(to clean better than all the major brands).

As far back as 2008:

Originally Posted By: Mobil
Mobil 1 0W-40 provides a variety of performance benefits for the Nissan GT-R and its "VR38" engine, including outstanding engine wear protection, excellent oil flow characteristics and fuel economy. Mobil 1, with its patented SuperSyn technology, is uniquely designed to provide unsurpassed levels of performance, cleaning power and engine protection.

More recently:
Did you know Mobil 1 can clean up virtually all sludge in just one oil change?! Mobil 1 keeps engines running like new by providing superior protection against sludge and deposit formation.

2014:
“The proof of performance team put Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0W-20 to the test to ensure it meets the high standards we have for motor oil durability, wear protection and cleaning power,” said Goldmann. “Even after more than 200,000 miles on our test vehicles, the parts were consistent with what we would find in a brand new engine.”

The first one does allude to being better than all other brands, hence the term "unsurpassed". Mobil does not have a history of pitting itself against its competitors by name however, they typically just claim they are the "best".

I created this graphic after the Shell claims came out:

PUM1.png

When you only show one piston, it's easy, and technically true. If you compare the top right Mobil 1 piston, it is indeed less clean. The problem is that there are, in the test, six pistons. And as one can readily see from the picture Mobil provided, not all of them are the same cleanliness. That's why one should always take advertising with a grain of salt.

You did missunderstund me totally. Dind never say Shell oils are to good. BMW long life is no special spec.Did bring the GTL diesel into picture off its cleaning ability.

So you saying that your purported cleaning metric for GTL, which is its performance in LL-01, is not a show of strength but rather a weakness?

I'm curious, where did this theory come from? Did you see that the new GTL-based 0w-40's didn't have LL-01, and, based on Shell's advertising of how clean their new GTL-based oils were, you came up with this? Or was it something you heard from somebody else? As I told you earlier, Molakule, whose posts you still have not responded to, actually blends oils. If your position had merit, he would back it. He hasn't. Ergo, I would highly advise reconsidering your theory here.

Really?
Shell Helix Ultra ECT 0W30

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Really?
Shell Helix Ultra ECT 0W30

Well that formula is old and here is the new one

https://www.shell.com/motorist/oils-lubr...2-c3-0w-30.html

So, this matter is still being discussed. As Molakule said, GTL is very similar to PAO and both are quite non-polar. That makes them lousy dissolvers of engine deposits because those tend to be too polar for them. All of this information is on the internet. Some people have an amazing ability to not know when they do not know about what are so sure they do know about.

Here are some more info: typical spec is identical

https://www.google.fi/url?q=http://www.oliecentrale.nl/media/rtf/Oliecentrale%2520TDS%2520%26%2520MSDS/Shell/Helix/Shell_Helix_Ultra_ECT_0W-30_(SN_C3_BMW_LL-04_MB229.51)_(nl)_TDS.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi365rYzvnZAhXLjywKHYAZDm4QFggTMAQ&usg=AOvVaw2xC4HBchEatPTbSB_TWovo

https://www.google.fi/url?q=https://prodepc.blob.core.windows.net/epcblobstorage/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Helix_Ultra_Extra_0W-30_(SN_ACEA_C3_BMW_LL_(en)_TDS.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwito_-Xt_nZAhXIx6YKHeI1BYAQFggbMAM&usg=AOvVaw0CEC4LOcGDG3m3Y0sYcEwK

Hope the links work. Sending via my phone

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Our friend from Finland has knowledge of oils on par with my 19 month son, and not sure about that too.

Hahha =D. But i am pretty sure that my dog have more knowledge about cars than you have if you drive with a VW.

Hahha =D. But i am pretty sure that my dog have more knowledge about cars than you have if you drive with a VW.
You should definitely let us know what you drive so that we can pat you on the back for being the smart one.

Dragging up a 2 year old argument to apparently continue it isn't helpful or contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back