Mobil 1 ESP X3 0w40 >FS 0w40

You sure can.

That's the retail price and always has been...

.... but you can buy 5 quarts and get a $17.99 m1 or kn oil filter for $42.99. you return the oil filter and you've paid $5.50 per quart. All the c8 guys do this. This special has been going for a year and a half now

Just checked again
Do you they just credit you for the filter right then or do you need to buy it and then come back for filter return later? How many times do you get the "I bought the wrong filter" before they void you?

Walmart when I looked is like $80 for 6qts.

Do you they just credit you for the filter right then or do you need to buy it and then come back for filter return later? How many times do you get the "I bought the wrong filter" before they void you?

Walmart when I looked is like $80 for 6qts.

There is no maximum. I've done it a half dozen times. You buy it and can immediately return the filter. There's zero rules against it. I personally only use OEM filters so I return them. Others may want to use it

How is it possible that a midsaps oil has better wear protection than a fullsaps oil? I think there's more marketing involved, right?

What's the opinion on the new Mobil 1 5W50 Supercar (DexosR) vs the Mobil 1 FS x2 5w50 euro?

It's not out of the question that you can make a lower SA oil better than a FS. Apparently, that's what they achieved here based on what they said about it.

It's also been said that the Porsche was using the X3 oil in the 24-hour racing where previously they were using FS 0w40.

The ash level is .88%

It is interesting that Mobil uses esters in their highest performance level products. Where as the EP line does not. Although now no one knows what they're using. I think this oil stayed the same.
Porsche operates the mobile 1 esp X3 0W40 in all current racing cars, with the exception of only the 963, as it uses completely different oil. Here in Germany, the factory guarantee for road vehicles is maintained even when using racetracks if you stick to the porse service intervals.

How is it possible that a midsaps oil has better wear protection than a fullsaps oil? I think there's more marketing involved, right?

Higher HTHS, higher viscosity index, less additive clash between detergents and anti-wear chemistry...

Look at the ratio of phosporous/boron, moly and calcium/magnesium.

In the context of the OP, the mid-SAPS oil has a higher HTHS than the full-SAPS oil, so that would have an impact on bearing wear and in other high-shear areas.

Thank you, that sounds plausible. The new API SP Mobile 1 FS now also has 3.8 hths. But there are also elements that cannot be recognised in an oil analysis. Who knows what else is mixed into the oil there.

The old version with API SN has 3.6; the new SP version of the fs 0W40 has 3.8. you can believe it or let it, or invest in an expensive hths check and find out for yourself. In an ICP analysis, it is not possible to detect all friction modifiers.

The old version with API SN has 3.6; the new SP version of the fs 0W40 has 3.8. you can believe it or let it, or invest in an expensive hths check and find out for yourself. In an ICP analysis, it is not possible to detect all friction modifiers.
I don’t think there is any evidence it’s 3.8 other than the KV100 went up. A PDS appeared and disappeared that said it was 3.6 for SP version, who knows if it’s true. I think 3.6 vs 3.8 is academic anyway.

Back