Mobil 1 - What does the FS on the jug stand for?

What's wrong with Fram?
actually it's this forum that got me using fram filters. if I don't I just pay more money and use the Honda one if they decide to spray paint blue but it inside it's still the same. I'm almost certain that the tough guards and the other lines above that are still probably better performers then the OEM Honda.

I have been looking at the supertech 20,000 mile filters and I guess I'm supposed to use model 7317 but I've seen people talk about 6607. I think I'm going to try my luck maybe after I run out. I think my only real credentials for an oil filter is that it's either made in North America or in Europe only. I try to do that actually with all products.

I'm one of those who said Full Saps. It just made sense. From my brief discussions with XOM...

Maybe, but do you have anything from Mobil stating that.

As for the rest of the comedians with their comments, real funny, but don't quit your day job. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: hrv
I watched a Lake Speed Jr video on this oil today and he said it stands for Full Synthetic because it's a PAO/Group IV base true synthetic oil.

Yes I saw that, but then aren't all Mobil oils a Synthetic? So what exactly is a Full Synthetic.

Anyway, not worried about the oil as I have never had an oil related failure in almost 50 years. Just wondered about the FS and what it stood for.

I'm always skeptical about what I read on forums and would sooner see a PDF from the manufacturer. Exactly why I emailed them.

From the source at Mobil...

Thank you for your patience.

The FS on the Mobil1 FS 0W-40 stands for " Full Synthetic ". I received confirmation this morning. I hope this helps clarify any confusion you might have.

If I can help with any other motor oil questions, please respond to this email or call me at 1-800-ASK-MOBIL (800-275-6624).

Thank you for choosing Mobil,

Ashley Bhatti
Mobil Help Desk Team

Time to lock this one. LOL

Time to lock any oil thread or forum, if that is the case.

I just use what is recommended in the Owner's Manual and have never had a problem in 50 years of vehicle ownership, yet people go to forums asking for recommendations from others that apparently know more than the manufacturer.

Time to lock any oil thread or forum, if that is the case.

I just use what is recommended in the Owner's Manual and have never had a problem in 50 years of vehicle ownership, yet people go to forums asking for recommendations from others that apparently know more than the manufacturer.
especially on this site.....

Back