I Don't Always Eat Fast Food But When I Do . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyline Chili Cheese Coneys. The second picture is what they look like when you get them to go and the cheese melts. Kind of prefer them that way. They also put yellow mustard on them and raw, diced onions if you want.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Fast food has gotten expensive. For not much more I can get a small steak at Outback. But then it's not fast.
Same here. For almost the same price I can go to a local cafe with great fresh food. The cafe is only about $1.50 more. Much better tasting,fresher and slightly better for you.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Nobody mentioned IN-N-OUT yet ?
Tons of them here. I think their food is pretty bland.

Yeah, I'm not sure what all the rave is about.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Skyline Chili Cheese Coneys. The second picture is what they look like when you get them to go and the cheese melts. Kind of prefer them that way. They also put yellow mustard on them and raw, diced onions if you want.

Big fan of them. When I visit my friends in Cincinnati we always go to the one on the Kentucky side near Florence, multiple times!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Nobody mentioned IN-N-OUT yet ?
Sorry Merk, In-N-Out isn't very good...

In-n-out is not only great and always fresh, but still a relative deal. There is a reason there is always a line.
The fries are only single fried and need to be consumed ASAP.

The only 2 things I eat from Mcd's are egg mcmuffins - and only when I travel, and MCrib when and if available which for me is about 2 every two years.

The Carls Jr breakfast biscuits are better.

Mcrib is actually beyond Mcdonalds other offerings in balance - a a near perfect blend of bun to meat with a hint of onion and a really nice zesty bbq sauce. Its a worthy sandwich at an otherwise relatively shameful place.

An Arbys roast beef every year or is a nice treat- good BBQ sauce again.

Chicago has great ht dog joints. Bryons Flukies....

Dave

Last edited:
Chic fil a is where it's at.

A Big Mac quad yearly is more than good enough for me. My last Big Mac was March.

I had Chic-Fil-a when I was in the US before and it was really good, then they decided to get all religious/political and then I stopped going.

Not because of their views but because I don't think that corporations should be involving themselves. I don't care who they are or what they stand for. It's wrong.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I had Chic-Fil-a when I was in the US before and it was really good, then they decided to get all religious/political and then I stopped going.

Not because of their views but because I don't think that corporations should be involving themselves. I don't care who they are or what they stand for. It's wrong.

Chick-Fil-A didn't "get" that way, and the beliefs of the founder don't prevent them from serving everyone with the typical excellent service no matter your race, creed, religion, or sexuality. I personally don't really care about the beliefs of others because I don't think it's any of my business. They make a pretty good chicken sandwich, the service is fast, and most of the time the employees actually seem to care, so I keep going back.

I don't visit Starbucks either or any other business that wants take a view. It's not necessary. Do the food etc. that you do best and that's it. Not just Chick-Fil-a but them all.

Chick -Fil-A makes a great issue.

Im more than ok with the founder running his business the way he does even though I don't really believe what he does - I admire his business.

Im good with Sunday off, and a decent wage and have no trouble paying a bit more for the excellent product and service they deliver.

All that aside - It is the best chicken sandwich around.

UD

Last edited:
If I have to have a fast-food breakfast...McDonalds
If I really want a FF burger...Wendy's
Any other FF sandwich...Arby's is the first choice, second is probably Subway
There are several others I've wanted to try (Chick-Fil-A, Tim Hortons) but since I eat FF so infrequently, the opportunity has never arisen. A new Taco Bell is coming to my town, so I will give it a try after not going there for at least 20 years.

Burger King will never see me again.

GrtArtiste

2 tacos at JITB, always a solid value fav. or the sausage biscuit and has brown at mcD, I don;t get the sausage, just plain biscuit.

Last edited:
I like Chic-filet food. I love the respectful and competent servers there as well. I think it reflects the beliefs of the CEO. I really like 5 Guys too. It's hard to beat 2 Taco Bravo's, chips and salsa for under $5 on Thursday at Taco John's.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
C'mon guys, we can do much better:
23ec368a871d40663b3d6accfdda5f95--buy--get--dinner-tonight.jpg

Can't have sliders without a Hi C Orange.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
Originally Posted By: StevieC

This is my fast food when I'm south of the border. We don't have White Castle here... DON'T JUDGE ME!

lol.gif

you have tim horton's though and they have great coffee.

We have Timmy's in IL and in St Louis, FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back