Foods you loved that make you gag now

Tongue ... I ate tongue sandwiches as a very young lad when we went to a local deli. After a while, I found out that tongue was, well, tongue. I stopped eating it.

I found some of the items shown in this video repulsive.

CLICK HERE

My mom tricked me into eating cow tongue, she said it was beef lol.

SpaghettiOs, A vile and puke worthy product. I was fed this at lunch most days when i came from school for our lunchtime break. I liked it back then but just thinking of it now gives me agita.

IMG_2925.jpeg

When I was younger I ate Vienna sausages and also potted meat . Now , it's off the radar completely .
I still on occasion eat Vienna Sausages. For some reason, they're not that same as when I was growing up. Perhaps it's a brand thing. I open a can and dip them into a mix of Kikkoman and Tabasco. I used to eat Oscar Meyer cocktail weenies like this too.

I still on occasion eat Vienna Sausages. For some reason, they're not that same as when I was growing up. Perhaps it's a brand thing. I open a can and dip them into a mix of Kikkoman and Tabasco. I used to eat Oscar Meyer cocktail weenies like this too.
Tabasco and Sriracha make almost anything taste better. Almost.

I hate it when eating something then seeing hair on it, meaning of the food itself, not from someone preparing it.
Do you mean something like those bristly pork cracklings they munch in the UK or food served garnished with a fallen-out hair? In Italy over 20 years ago, I was served pizza that had a cigarette butt rolled into the crust. I noticed the pizza cook was smoking at work.

Do you mean something like those bristly pork cracklings they munch in the UK or food served garnished with a fallen-out hair? In Italy over 20 years ago, I was served pizza that had a cigarette butt rolled into the crust. I noticed the pizza cook was smoking at work.
I was thinking dry grated cheese!

I was thinking of chicken specifically, then thought of tripe.

When I worked as a busboy at a motor inn, the cook (not a chef) had tattoos and smoked a cigar while cooking. Back then, tattoos were not like today. It meant prison or biker gang. He was a scary dude and made waitresses cry for fun. One day, this big Irish guy who was in college like me, challenged him in front of everyone. Everyone admired him for standing up to a bully… 🙂

I was thinking of chicken specifically, then thought of tripe.
A hair or two can only improve tripe! 😜
When I worked as a busboy at a motor inn, the cook (not a chef) had tattoos and smoked a cigar while cooking. Back then, tattoos were not like today. It meant prison or biker gang. He was a scary dude and made waitresses cry for fun. One day, this big Irish guy who was in college like me, challenged him in front of everyone. Everyone admired him for standing up to a bully… 🙂
Even during the '90s things were different.

Spaghetti. Also most noodles with sauce. Probably ate it too often in college, can hardly stand it these days.

I'll add another. Commercially ground beef. Turns my stomach. I've been grinding my own for at least 20 years. I will do a burger if I eat out - but NEVER at home.
I was granted a divorce (amen and praise de lort) and had to sell my old house. In between my move out date and my move in date in my new house there was a 3 week period where I rented a house form a guy I worked with. In that 3 weeks I really wanted to not eat out every day, so I decided to make a big (and I mean big - like 5-6 lbs total) batch of spaghetti. I went to the best grocery store in town and bought a couple of lbs of ground chuck just thinking that I could do it just that once (grinder was in a box out in the shed somewhere). That package probably cost me 10-12$

I started cooking that ground beef and couldn't finish it. It smelled so bad. Store bought ground beef is just horrible.

I also come out cheaper on average. Ground chuck or round here is generally over 3.99/lb. I buy chuck roasts at 3.99/lb on sale and any other clearance meat I can buy. I can often get top round for 2.99lb on sale too - 1 top round and 2 chuck roasts makes some amazing 85-15 ground beef. Most clearance meat I get (2.59-3.99lb) also gets ground. I'm over here eating real ground chuck for less than a pack of pink slime costs.

Ground up a pair of scraggly looking end cut clearance ribeyes just this Friday. Made some absolutely amazing bacon cheeseburgers. $6.59 for almost 1.5lb of ribeye burgers. Very fat, very delicious. A pack of buns, 2 tomatoes and a head of lettuce. 4 HUGE burgers for ~12 bucks. I also make my own bacon.....

I have probably 25lbs ground beef in the freezer. I bet you a dollar my average price/lb is somewhere around $3.69.

I also made breakfast sausage last night. Pork loin (1.79lb) and a pork belly on clearance for 7.59. Not/lb - for a 4lb belly and I had enough belly left over for a meals worth of pork belly burnt ends . My sausage beats anything Jimmy Dean ever thought about making. After the sage, salt and pepper it cost me about 25$ for 8 lbs of premium breakfast sausage.

Shoot - I save enough on ground beef that my oil changes are basically free!

Instant grits . I remember eating it when I was a kid and one day I got really sick . Probably unrelated but ever since then it's on my NO FLY list .

Back