Foods you loved that make you gag now

When I was younger I ate Vienna sausages and also potted meat . Now , it's off the radar completely .
Yes, I forgot about those two.

Well I never liked vienna sausages in the can very much - soggy and slimey, but I would eat them. I loved white bread and potted meat sandwiches. Little mustard. GTG! Now - I wouldn't even read the ingredients.

Well I never liked vienna sausages in the can very much - soggy and slimey, but I would eat them. I loved white bread and
potted meat sandwiches. Little mustard. GTG! Now - I wouldn't even read the ingredients.
What is potted meat? Is it canned corned beef, or any kind of canned meat? Or is it something specific?

Armour Potted meat when I was a kid was much better. It had beef hearts as one of the main ingredients. Maybe tripe also. I still get a hankering for it once in a while. I dip Fritos in it. Not often, maybe twice a year or so.

Ate vienna sausages by the can with crackers up until I was about 6-7. Haven't been able to eat one since. One day I opened a can and it just hit me funny.
Ate fried bolgna as a kid too. About the same time my palate turned on canned sausages. it turned on bologna. Now I can't even stand the smell of it. If there were 3 sandwiches in a paper bag, in sandwich bags, and one of them were bologna I wouldn't be able to eat any of the sandwiches because they would all be tainted by that bologna smell.

What's in 'potted meat?', you ask?

See the movie, "Slingblade" as the description wouldn't pass the auto-censor.
"I was thinkin I'm gonna take me some a these taters home with me"

"how about before that?"

"well, let me think,...... I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans'a that potted meat if ya got any extree."

Well I never liked vienna sausages in the can very much - soggy and slimey, but I would eat them. I loved white bread and potted meat sandwiches. Little mustard. GTG! Now - I wouldn't even read the ingredients.
When I was young my parents would throw a Christmas/New Year's party for Dad's work. They would buy jars of these pale limpid sausages in brine or jelly - can't quite remember. (Vienna sausages?)

I can't imagine eating them now.

Cheesecake. Yeah, I know that most people love it. I USED to love it as well. So much so that when I was younger I used to make my own and gorged on it. Now? Don't care for it at all. Way too heavy and filling. Almost makes me gag.

white chocolate mocha, orange juice more than 1/2 a cup, donuts other than granulated sugar one.

I think as I get older my tolerance of sugar has massively decreased.

Back