How many States/Countries have you lived in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZZman
Always amazed by others who aren't afraid to move around to chase their dreams/or a job.

I have only lived in Michigan for 50+ years.

How about you guys?

Me too, just one and lifetime in Michigan also. But I would love to be around Tampa / St Pete / Lakeland area November thru March.
I have grown tired of cold, snowy Michigan late fall and winters, at almost 68 years old.

Born and raised (and still reside) in Cleveland, Ohio! Love it here, honestly. We almost moved to Florida when I graduated a few years back, but decided to abort that and glad we did.

Originally Posted by 02SE
What minimum period of time constitutes living somewhere?

None. If you actually lived there. Not like a vacation.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by ZZman
Always amazed by others who aren't afraid to move around to chase their dreams/or a job.

I have only lived in Michigan for 50+ years.

How about you guys?

Me too, just one and lifetime in Michigan also. But I would love to be around Tampa / St Pete / Lakeland area November thru March.
I have grown tired of cold, snowy Michigan late fall and winters, at almost 68 years old.

I hear ya!!

In chronological order:
Kentucky, Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. Many connections with Pennsylvania while I resided in New Jersey, so I give that state at least honorary credit.

Phoenix, AZ and that's it.

I highly doubt I'll ever leave. Almost all of my family that matters lives here and it's a beautiful state.

I do love traveling though and want to travel more. Been to all western states and a few central ones. I want to visit New England and Alaska.

England, Scotland, Germany.

I'm from a military family and went to 6 schools (infant and junior) before I was 10 years old.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

I highly doubt I'll ever leave. Almost all of my family that matters lives here and it's a beautiful state.

I do love traveling though and want to travel more. Been to all western states and a few central ones. I want to visit New England and Alaska.

East coast vacations are a must.
Washington D.C.
Philadelphia
Boston
New York City (Manhattan)

One of the best ones ever was a four dayer that involved Plymouth Mass (lots to see there) - then venturing into Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

What if your wife wants to move to another state ?

Originally Posted by weasley
England, Scotland, Germany.

I'm from a military family and went to 6 schools (infant and junior) before I was 10 years old.

LOL, I only went to 4...we moved states as they wouldn't let my sister with Spina Bifida into "normal" schools in my home state in the early '70s

I live in the house that I was brought up in in 1945. Had 35 yrs in a neighboring town but retired "back home".
I was born in Montreal in '44, dad was stationed there in the RCAF and mom was there with him. War's end in '45 and I was in the house I occupy today.
It feels like home ...
cool.gif

Have visited several states (most only briefly), but have lived only in NW Ohio. Interesting to me is the fact that of my classmates from 50 years ago...most of the ones who turned out to be a success in life were the ones who left Ohio.

Sunshine for what 300 days out of the year? who wouldn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back