What States Are We From?

Born and raised in the SF Bay Area; college in Montana for three years; returned to the Bay Area finally settling in the San Joaquin Valley. Endured that grueling commute to the Bay Area for 16 years.

Unfortunately, everyone in the Bay Area has followed me here. On weekends, the Bay Area drives thru here. Thursday, Friday and Sunday afternoons are insane.

Last edited:
Born in Indiana, PA, grew up in the western PA countryside (Nolo, PA) until 1987, Moved here to GA and have been here ever since. Love both places, but my family is here in GA.

British Columbia, Canada...
Family has been here, in Vancouver, since about 1930 - maternal side, and 1949 paternal side. Wife and I lived in Vancouver all of our respective lives, but for the eighties (Calgary, Alberta... where kids were born). I do have a special place in my heart for the prairies (though Calgary is a pretty easy place for a west coast boy to live in - re weather - as prairie cities go)...

Last edited:
Been in the same small town in Southeast Missouri all my life. About 2 hours south of St Louis. Did have a short year and a half spell in Starkville, MS at MS State right after high school. That got me called back home pretty quick. Ended up at Missouri Baptist in St Louis on a golf scholarship and right after graduating in 2010 came home to start working for the family business.

Last edited:
My childhood was spread across the four western Canadian provinces - in order, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and back to B.C.

A friend from high school in B.C. studied here (Winnipeg) to get more in touch with his Mennonite roots, and wrote to me saying I should transfer out here to finish my degree. I had some good memories of Grades 1 to 3 here, and moved here "for a year" to finish school.

Put down some roots and stayed here. I like the big sky, and make the best of the cold winters.
Ack! I missed four years in Alberta, after Saskatchewan.

Born in salt lake City, moved to Arizona when I was like 3 and been here ever since.

Was this like from 18 - 22 years old? Understandable :D 🎯 :p (y)
Alberta was 13 - 17. I was a pretty tame boy/teen/young man. I got drunk once at 17, and didn't have another drink for a number of years after. (Vomiting copious amounts of cheap red wine will do that ...)

I don't think any of us in my circle of nerdy friends did pot or drank much during the early college years (18 - 22).

Born in NY, spent my teen years in Downeast Maine, then to NH where I plan to stay. So I'm an opinionated person who avoids people and conversation, and would rather be left alone.

Calgary, Alberta is my hometown and where I grew up and where I lived for most of my life and career. Edmonton, Alberta for University for several years after high school then back to Calgary. Retired and now on Vancouver Island, British Columbia for the last 6 years or so.

Born in Bowling Green, Oh.
Lived here all my life except 6 years in the Navy, in the mid to late 70's.

Back