What States Are We From?

I was born in Portland and spent the first 5 years of my life in a town famously known for its abundance of Beavers 🦫. My family then moved westward to a scenic borough with hills and farmland. This place has transformed over the years but if you’re into high tech, the great outdoors, or would like to experience a sausage festival, Northwest Oregon has you covered!
Vacation in NW Oregon regularly. Mostly Astoria & Gearhart. Will be heading to Florence next down on the central coast.

Western NY until I was 13, been in Maryland since.

Demographics is interesting for sure.

@Zee09 and I have identified that we're practically around the corner from each other. It's funny, thousands of members in a country of a few hundred million and two people are that close to each other.
Born in Ohio, lived in Indiana for a brief bit but have been in Maryland since 90 or the early 90s.

Born in NW Washington (state). Lived in the state for 40 years until finally escaping to see the country. Lived in Arizona (3x), Idaho, and Oklahoma (2x). Currently in Central OK, 1 hour from Oklahoma City. My 2 grown boys and their mother live just outside OKC, so, it's nice to see them on a regular basis.

California, Washington, military in NYC and Cali., Washington, Wyoming and probably back to Washington or Oregon coast now that we're retired.

Born in Greenpoint Brooklyn moved to Bellmore Long Island NY when I was 5. Got married bought a house in Merrick Long Island the next town. Now for the last few years moved to Plainview Long Island a little down size after the kids moved on to downtown Manhattan. Have a place in Clearwater FL plan is to snowbird hopefully soon my little one has one year left of college then I can think about retirement.

Have lived in Phoenix my entire life. I don't think I'll ever leave, very happy here.

Though the summers are a little rough 🥵
Headed to Phoenix in a couple weeks then to Sedona for a long weekend with my wife. Any must dos? In Phoenix I’ll be on my own throughout the day, just been bookmarking hikes to keep myself busy.

Headed to Phoenix in a couple weeks then to Sedona for a long weekend with my wife. Any must dos? In Phoenix I’ll be on my own throughout the day, just been bookmarking hikes to keep myself busy.
Dreamy Draw is a nice place to hike.

Eat real Mexican food too. What side of town will you be on? I can recommend restaurants.

Not sure we have a whole lot of other things to do :ROFLMAO: @dishdude any recommendations?

Dreamy Draw is a nice place to hike.

Eat real Mexican food too. What side of town will you be on? I can recommend restaurants.

Not sure we have a whole lot of other things to do :ROFLMAO: @dishdude any recommendations?
Downtown? Renaissance Phoenix on 1st St., but I’ll have a car and likely spend my days on the outskirts. I’ll need to eat while out during the day, local fast-ish food / food trucks, just not sit down. Dinners may be arranged through wife’s work, but there’s a chance at least the first night we’ll do something on our own. I appreciate any insight! I’ll look into that hike, too

While my profile lists PA, I increasingly spend more time in the State of Exhaustion.

I think others in this thread have recently moved there.

It's not so bad there, but the winters there get increasingly hard on my arthritic hands. When meals on wheels finally starts arriving, I'll try not to ask them what motor oil they're running.

Now, get off my lawn.

Back