How many States/Countries have you lived in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always amazed by others who aren't afraid to move around to chase their dreams/or a job.

I have only lived in Michigan for 50+ years.

How about you guys?

Only 3 - Connecticut, Florida, and Idaho. And if not for naval service, it probably would have been 1 as well. 64 yrs in Connecticut. Call me a glutton for punishment.

Last edited:
I was born in Ontario, Canada and continue to live here. I did live in Italy for 6 months with my dad's aunt though. Like moved there for 6 months with the intention of staying but decided to return.

Last edited:
2d generation military.
Countries: US, Japan, Germany (twice)
States: Kansas, California, North Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Washington, Wisconsin, Indiana

Born and raised in the great state of N.C. There are lots of great places to live in the U.S. but never felt the need to leave.

Maryland, Delaware, Colorado, Alabama, Texas. Going on 26 years in Texas.

Born in Tanzania, East Africa. Lived there till I was 14 then to India for 1 year, then to England for 1 year then to New Jersey for 6 months then to Boston, MA....

By where have I lived, I mean where I got my mail and where I had my car registered.

1. Western NYS, Rochester, Penfield and Gates-Chili. Consider Penfield my second modern day location.
2.. California, Imperial Beach, Coronado.
3. Germany, Bremerhaven & Kiel.
4. British Crown Colony (and later) the Republic of Cyprus, Nicosia.
5. Maine, Ellsworth.
6. Virginia, South of Portsmouth.
7. Florida, Florida City, Gulf Breeze and presently in Mt. Dora.
8.. Adak Island Alaska, where there is a girl behind every tree.

These were places I got my mail, etc. Another place I've lived but had/have my mail forward to me is Roswell NM. I consider Roswell and Ruidoso area my third present day location. Spend a lot of time there.

Born in San Jose, mom and dad lived in Saratoga, moved to Los Gatos when it was a back water, After that dad moved to Fort. Lauderdale in Florida to work for Trent Jones. After that was Manasquan in New Jersey and then on to an old farmhouse in Bricktown New Jersey. After that we relocated to Old Fig Garden area in Fresno, CA. Dad went back to work for Lockheed so we later relocated to Santa Clara. After meeting my future wife, we moved to Sacramento. After that we relocated to Santa Cruz because that was where work took me. After that we moved to Hollister for a bigger house. Work and life events later took us to Houston. We moved back to Hollister for family reasons and we've been here ever since, although we now have a cabin in Arnold up in the Sierra mountains.

Born in Ukraine and lived there until I was 7 years old. In 1993 we moved to Fresno, CA, then up to Everett, WA and then to Ephrata, PA. I loved living in Fresno, CA and Everett, WA, PA no so much, still don't care too much for it. Gotta move somewhere warmer, Phoenix maybe?

Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister
Born in San Jose, mom and dad lived in Saratoga, moved to Los Gatos when it was a back water, After that dad moved to Fort. Lauderdale in Florida to work for Trent Jones. After that was Manasquan in New Jersey and then on to an old farmhouse in Bricktown New Jersey. After that we relocated to Old Fig Garden area in Fresno, CA. Dad went back to work for Lockheed so we later relocated to Santa Clara. After meeting my future wife, we moved to Sacramento. After that we relocated to Santa Cruz because that was where work took me. After that we moved to Hollister for a bigger house. Work and life events later took us to Houston. We moved back to Hollister for family reasons and we've been here ever since, although we now have a cabin in Arnold up in the Sierra mountains.

Always liked that area. I remember as a kid driving through that area during the Christmas season, always nicely decorated.

Does College count? Anyway...

1. ND: Born and raised (permanent residence through college)
2. NE: 2 yrs college
3. MO: 3 yrs college
3. WI: 4 yrs
4. KS: last 22 yrs

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister

Always liked that area. I remember as a kid driving through that area during the Christmas season, always nicely decorated.

Some of my best memories were working with dad setting up the speakers for Christmas Tree Lane during Christmas.

1 - O-HI, OHIO. USA. ( a few places in Ohio, but I've not lived outside the state)

I'm put to shame by my own Mother...
Her parents were missionaries for the Church of the Brethren, she was Born in Oakland,Ca. at the age of 2 they moved to China. lived there until the Commies ran them out.
back home to Idaho, then Seattle, then India. they largely stayed there until she graduated( English boarding school high in the Himalayas), with a year or 2 back in Idaho(you could only stay in the mission field for 5 yrs at a time, then had to stay stateside for a year before you could go back)
after HS, College in McPherson Kansas. where she met my dad, married, had my brother, after graduating College they moved back here to Ohio.
so,:
CA-China-ID-WA-India-KS-OH (5 states, and 2 foreign countries)

Last edited:
1 Country, 8 states:

Virginia, West Virginia (go Mountaineers!), Oklahoma, Colorado, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Montana, Missouri.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back