Do you expect a better, same or worse 2018 for u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect about the same--it'll go up, it'll go down. With any luck it'll average out to "good".

Originally Posted By: Gebo
I'm expecting 2018 to be a great year. When you look at our economy, our leadership, tax reform, unemployment, etc. everything is indicating 2018 will be better. I just became a Grandpa, God loves me and I love Him, I have all I need, my health is much better, etc. I've pretty much quit watching the news and that has really affected my attitude in a positive way. Nowadays, you just can't believe a lot of things you hear and see.

I can't remember being so optimistic in my lifetime. 6 decades... LOL

+1

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: Gebo
I'm expecting 2018 to be a great year. When you look at our economy, our leadership, tax reform, unemployment, etc. everything is indicating 2018 will be better. I just became a Grandpa, God loves me and I love Him, I have all I need, my health is much better, etc. I've pretty much quit watching the news and that has really affected my attitude in a positive way. Nowadays, you just can't believe a lot of things you hear and see.

I can't remember being so optimistic in my lifetime. 6 decades... LOL

+1

+ 10000000000

The outlook for the economy remains strong for this coming year. There are few dissenting views among economists.
That alone is cause for optimism for all of us.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Don't know. Wife fighting cancer, so not sure how the year will be.

Sorry about that. I hope she beats the crud out of it.

2017 was a wild ride for me....

But my cores are good (health, family, friends)

Just need to get back to a job I love (got one in 2017, but was laid off :()

After losing a good friend this year, I try to focus on the positives in a sometimes crazy world....

Was discussing with my bro this morning 2017 was OK...just relentless for the both of us.

2018 we are approaching with the only thing that we have absolute personal control over...attitude.

Will see how that pans out.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Worse.

Isn't it a thermodynamic law?

Only on average.

Technically, a Tesla could materialise in your loungeroom provided something really really good happened to a whole bunch of people.

Worse.

I am of the opinion that there is a far greater power than thermodynamic law or even gravity for that matter.
grin.gif

I'm just sayin'...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Worse.

Only on average.

Technically, a Tesla could materialise in your loungeroom provided something really really good happened to a whole bunch of people.

Only on average is usually the way to bet.

And no it couldn't. I don't have a loungeroom. (and if I did I'd call it a lounge)

I'm hoping 2018 will be a better year for us. We lost quite a few family and friends in 2017. We have really been tightening the 'ol belt with our spending, paying down debt, and getting rid of monthly expenses we don't need, or can cut down on in preparation for my retirement in less than 2.5 years. We are ahead of schedule and I'm hoping it stays that way...

Originally Posted By: Shannow

2018 we are approaching with the only thing that we have absolute personal control over...attitude

Attitude
by Charles Swindoll

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me,
and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you ...
we are in charge of our Attitudes."

The term for this is emotional intelligence.
We can't control how other people come at us and we can't control life's onslaught of challenges but we can use our cognitive skills to manage our reactions to those insults and misfortunes that life inevitably brings our way.
A positive outlook goes a long way in helping one through the maze that is life.
Whether our negotiation of that maze is happy and full of wonder or miserable and full of bitterness is up to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back