So who stops getting paid if/when the gov shuts down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to illicit political posts, so please don't post any. Since all of my pension income comes from the federal gov, it would be nice to know whether or not my pensions will stop. I get a military pension, civil service pension, VA disability, and SS. Will any, or all of these stop?
Don't you think this would be on the news if it were going to happen? Who reads the papers? Retirees. Who watches the network nightly news? Ditto.

You're safe. You didn't miss a headline.

No, that outlook is very common. Folks who have lived this before and are there just to work, tend to realize after a few of these that the world goes on, they’ll probably get paid anyway, and to move on with life.

Quite a few end up with a backlog of work when they get back to it, which then adds to the inefficiencies and slowdowns. Being used as a pawn doesn’t help morale.

This isn't even a blip on the radar compared to the other nationwide/global economic mishaps I've lived through. One of them fairly recently.'

If the members of Congress would do their jobs rather than posturing, there'd be no threat of any shutdown nor any economic impact on anyone.

Every single time they “shut down” life goes on perfectly fine for the vast majority of people. They only allow it to happen because it gets them plastered all over the news and they can start pointing fingers at each other.

Just once I’d love to see every single news outlet NOT cover a “shut down” just to see how quickly all those overpaid politicians scramble to fix it. My money is within 36 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back