2023 Toyota Corolla

Back when I had my Toyota I’ve seen pennzoil and valvoline 0w16 qts at the dealership svc department. Maybe they couldn’t get Mobil 1 at the time.
Dealers are not obligated / required, to sell the factory fill oil and sometimes applied supplemental bottles that are added to the factory-fill, to walk-in customers.

If Hyundai and Kia required factory-fill oils & supplemental treatments only at their dealerships, only one-half of those engines that did eventually grenade, would eventually had grenaded.

Wait - I didn't say that last sentence with any journalistic skills. Sorry!

In other words, there have been UOAs of Hyundai factory-fill oils that cannot be duplicated out of a bottle of Quaker State synblend 5w20 from 2012-2020. I think the trend to beef-up the factory-fill oils started with Toyota years ago and other passenger vehicle manufacturers followed suit.

The whole shabang probably started with a race car manufacturer like Porsche. Now that would make more sense and no journalistic skills required there.

Last edited:
Dealers are not obligated / required, to sell the factory fill oil and sometimes applied supplemental bottles that are added to the factory-fill, to walk-in customers.

If Hyundai and Kia required factory-fill oils & supplemental treatments only at their dealerships, only one-half of those engines that did eventually grenade, would eventually had grenaded.

Wait - I didn't say that last sentence with any journalistic skills. Sorry!

In other words, there have been UOAs of Hyundai factory-fill oils that cannot be duplicated out of a bottle of Quaker State synblend 5w20 from 2012-2020. I think the trend to beef-up the factory-fill oils started with Toyota years ago and other passenger vehicle manufacturers followed suit.

The whole shabang probably started with a race car manufacturer like Porsche. Now that would make more sense and no journalistic skills required there.
That’s an overkill reply lol. Factory fill probably has assembly lube in it. It’s not beefed up or anything special.

I think you guys would be very surprised at the ranges that you can use. From Australian user manual. The whole passageway argument is not correct and all it takes is a simple search on google to see oil charts outside the US. It’s a common misconception, you can thank CAFE for this.

IMG_3784.jpeg

very good reason to use a 5w-30 grade oil for long engine life,,for Australia and other country's without the cafe requirements will the same specifications apply under warranty?

very good reason to use a 5w-30 grade oil for long engine life,,for Australia and other country's without the cafe requirements will the same specifications apply under warranty?
How could it not? CAFE has nothing to do with warranty. I also bet, just like my Tacoma, there is verbiage in the user manual mentions higher viscosity in a weird way.

How could it not? CAFE has nothing to do with warranty. I also bet, just like my Tacoma, there is verbiage in the user manual mentions higher viscosity in a weird way.
oh it does. It says you can go up a grade if you travel at higher speeds, or towing. For my Corolla it does anyways .

Back