Where to Get Best Price for Nokian Winter Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SubLGT,

I talked to Nokian about this. They make winter tires year round, but tires for North America are generally made during Q1-Q2, Jan to June. In my experience, the best prices on winters happens from July to August, with prices tending to spike in late August, but that's a general feeling from when I was in the biz rather than hard data.

Always nice to hear from you,

Sean

Originally Posted By: Ken2
In some cases the best winter tire prices are in October.......

How so? Seems to me that demand is up in October, and therefore prices will be higher then.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Originally Posted By: Ken2
In some cases the best winter tire prices are in October.......

How so? Seems to me that demand is up in October, and therefore prices will be higher then.

Probably because warehouses are already stocked with product by then, but few people start winter tire shopping this early. Most people wait until first snow storm is near, which is late November, early December.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I found my indy tire shop (albeit far 1hr) beat the online stuff and installed them.

I used John & Sons tires in Manchester NH....................

I had the opposite experience with the closest Nokian tire store when checking prices for the R2. Their price was $200 more than buying from tiresbyweb. I try to support local businesses, but not when the price difference is that high. So I ordered a set from tiresbyweb. The R2 is still in its production run at the factory, and so there is a 6-8 week wait.

I'd love to try a set of Hakka R2's, but my Hakka R's have another 2-3 winters in them. I'm happy since the Hakka R is a fantastic snow tire, if not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back