All Weather Tires for Crosstrek?

Might pull the trigger on the CC2 before the current $110 off deal expires. I doubt black friday is going to have anything better than this.

I wonder if Bridgestone in their buying up part of Nokian tyres (shares) got some technical knowledge acquired on 4 season tires that work well in winter?
It can only be the other way around. Nokian uses basically winter compound for all-weather tires. Bridgestone is a different league, a higher one.

Just to update the thread, I had the CC2 installed yesterday. Initial impressions are that they're noisier and harsher riding than the OEM Falkens. Looks like mpg will be taking a hit as well, alas, that will need more tracking over a longer period of time. Looking forward to seeing how they handle the upcoming winter.

Anyone wants to buy like-new set of Falkens ZE001 A/S? :)

Just to update the thread, I had the CC2 installed yesterday. Initial impressions are that they're noisier and harsher riding than the OEM Falkens. Looks like mpg will be taking a hit as well, alas, that will need more tracking over a longer period of time. Looking forward to seeing how they handle the upcoming winter.

Got my CC2 about 2 years ago.
Mine were noisy the first 50 miles or so, then calmed down.
Took about a 4 MPG hit on fuel mileage with my 2018 Forester. Went from 32 MPG average, down to 28 or so.
Great in snow and ice!

Gave the Forester to my Granddaughter a few months ago.
Feel better with her having AWD and CC2 with winter coming soon.

We have CC2 on one Outback and General 365AW on the other. The CC2 is better in rain and summer driving. The 365AW is better on ice. They are about the same on light snow, but the 365AW is better on deep snow.

We have Michelin X-Ice Snow for the CC2 Outback for winter because we get a lot of spring ice. The 365AW's we leave on year round.

There are Nokian WRG4s on both my wife’s AWD V70XC and my daughter’s FWD XC90.

Drove the XC90 up to Boston in August. Smooth, quiet ride all the way there.

The V70XC still rides well. Handles well. Still quiet.

That tire has been great in my experience.

Just saw this thread. So the Limited comes with Falkens? A low tier Sumitomo?
We like the Yoko Geolander on our premium 6 speed crosstrek I thought that's what they came with other than the stupid Wilderness edition.

Our car was about 25K out the door before trade, No stupid and frustrating eyesight or lane keeping ninny nannies with the stick.

Premium trim should have blind sport monitoring though. Subaru!?

About the new tyre ride, have you checked you tyre pressures? Just a pound or two over will have the thing crashing over bumps - I would say 34F/33R PSIG max.

I fitted by Volvo S60 with WeatherPeaks...

Rationale:

More traditional tread design, while "louder" actually sounds better (broadband hard to distinguish sound) than CC2, which sounds like a turf tire on asphalt. Non-directional can be rotated to change direction of travel for more even wear opportunities. Longer anticipated life with lower cost. Also; all the things that make this tire perform a bit worse than CC2's and other similar tires in terms of traction, make these tires roll with less resistance. Expect about 5% better fuel economy on these compared to CC2's and about 10% better than UHP tires.

Snow/Ice performance is about what you'd expect. In-between a traditional A/S and a studdless ice traction tire. Perfectly usable.

We have CC2 on one Outback and General 365AW on the other. The CC2 is better in rain and summer driving. The 365AW is better on ice. They are about the same on light snow, but the 365AW is better on deep snow.

We have Michelin X-Ice Snow for the CC2 Outback for winter because we get a lot of spring ice. The 365AW's we leave on year round.
I could probably get the CC2 exchanged for 365AW for its better ice traction, but I don't think I'll bother at this point.

As @Jdeere562 noted, the CC2 seem to have quieted down a bit, or maybe my ears just got used to them. The Crosstrek isn't a quiet car to begin with, so a tiny bit of extra noise isn't really all that bad. I don't drive too much in general, so the slight MPG hit isn't going to matter a whole lot either.

Michelin just told me that [Discount Tire/Discount Tire Direct] does not participate in their rebate promotions as they run in-house promotions.
This is true. Most of the national chains have in-house promotions now; the rebate programs are designed for the dealerships or mom and pop shops.

Back