Valvoline's Response to Moly in Maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't prove it wasn't, but you have empirical evidence that proves that it was?

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Well...Mine wasn't an Accord, you are not a trans guy, you know nothing of me or my vehicles, you can not prove it wasn't the MaxJunk, some people did agree, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. Thanks for trying but you should have spent more time reading and less time typing.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Why don't you ask how much zinc is in that garbage trans fluid they have to practically give away for people to use?

Maxlife ATF has been used sucessfully in many applications.
Owners of a particular generation of Accord known for early automatic transaxle failure often use Maxlife ATF as a matter of preference.
Sorry that your tranny died, but I can't think of any mechanism by which Maxlife ATF killed it.
Neither could anyone else, which is what everyone told you in the original thread you won't let die.
As any transmission guy will tell you, if a fluid change kills it, it was already dead and an automatic can fail completely with very little warning, just as a clutch can.
To the OP, I like the moly in the Maxlife Nextgen that I have in the stash and have been using, but time moves on and Ashland may have actually come up with a better formulation.

"Arco. Your hate for moly is well documented..."

Are you sure emotion has anything to do with it?

LOL...Visions of him putting on a white hood and dumping boxes of Moly into Boston Harbor...Die! Moly Die!

I guess that you wouldn't be intersted in the Maxlife ATF at $13.50/gal at AZ then?

Why don't you ask how much zinc is in that garbage trans fluid they have to practically give away for people to use?

Do not have too. VOA's show less than 3PPM.

Exactly! Ashton said MaxJunk has no zinc. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Uummm...no. You shouldn't be either but hey, your money and you get what you pay for.

I guess that you wouldn't be intersted in the Maxlife ATF at $13.50/gal at AZ then?

I've used it before.
I'll use it again.
Never lost an automatic, a power steering pump or a manual gearbox to it yet (many spec ATF).
I once had to replace a radiator in a W123.
Must have been the coolant.
I once had to replace a radiator in an Accord.
Coolant again?
I've had to replace a few water pumps over the years.
Again with the coolant!
Get the picture?
Parts and assemblies fail and the fluid used is almost never the cause.

If it was DexCool you'd have a whole group of people saying yes, it was the coolant. I'm also sure there's a whole bunch of things that haven't happened to you yet. They will.

I've used it before.
I'll use it again.
Never lost an automatic, a power steering pump or a manual gearbox to it yet (many spec ATF).
I once had to replace a radiator in a W123.
Must have been the coolant.
I once had to replace a radiator in an Accord.
Coolant again?
I've had to replace a few water pumps over the years.
Again with the coolant!
Get the picture?

Sad. What's next? Gonna burn some books?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
This is temporarily too funny for ignore list yet!

What does that have to due with price of tea in China. Have you figured that out?

I've used it before.
I'll use it again.

Same here and I have used Maxlife ATF. Shifting did improve. 95K miles later that Mustang is still running. On the same Maxlife ATF because current owner does zero maintenance on transmissions.

Yes I have figured it out. That worthless second-rate formulator denied any further involvement in part due to Zinc in the sample. They flat out said that MaxJunk has no Zinc. Well...you, me, and PQIA say different. Did you figure it out now?

What does that have to due with price of tea in China. Have you figured that out?

I figured if I formulated a ATF and your UOA had more than 6 times the amount of zinc in the sample my response would be the same that Ashland's response was to you.

The transmission failed after nearly 8 years of service not because new ATF was used.

You don't know that.

I figured if I formulated a ATF and your UOA had more than 6 times the amount of zinc in the sample my response would be the same that Ashland's response was to you.

The transmission failed after nearly 8 years of service not because new ATF was used.

The sky may fall as well.
I'm probably around your age and have likely owned more cars and driven more miles than have you.
I've had few serious problems of any kind with any car.
I've always had good experience with everything we've owned, save for the random failures that happen with any complex mechnical assembly which are usually pretty cheap to fix if you know how to diagnose and fix them.
Dexcool is a bit of a straw man to me, since I've never had a car that called for it and have never used it.
I have used Maxlife, though, both the oil and the ATF.
We've never had much trouble with any vehicle and I doubt that we ever will.
I wish you better luck in the future.

Originally Posted By: 10cent
"As for your questions pertaining to the Valvoline MaxLife High Mileage Synthetic Blend and MaxLife High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil products, the Moly has been removed from all MaxLife product and replaced with another friction-modifier additive that is much better for performance and the environment."

The key word is "environment." Your tax funded EPA at work for you.

You don't know that.

Know what? Your UOA showed 6 times more zinc then a VOA. Or because you had a 8 year old transmission that failed?

Maybe you should be investigating why the zinc was in your ATF in the first place. Maybe someone sabotaged you by adding the wrong ATF as a prank? Does anyone else drive the vehicle? Maybe it was a mistake by an inexperienced person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back