When I die I want to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably have a hard time getting permits or some such to legally do so, but i've always been a fan of the old fashioned Funeral Pyre...

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Well, about 4 years years ago and right before I had some major surgery, I made out a will...just in case.

Anyway, the will stated exactly how things should be divided up so no one could contest anything. (I have an excellent attorney).

I wanted a cremation with a short service, and one song played during that short service
by the Eagles, "Take it to the Limit (One More Time)."
grin2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOnB3PNXr4

The savings from this short service were to go to a party afterwords for all the family and friends. So if you hear of my death, all of BITOG is invited as well.
lol.gif

10.gif

Originally Posted By: earlyre
probably have a hard time getting permits or some such to legally do so, but i've always been a fan of the old fashioned Funeral Pyre...

Yep, the "Earth, Wind, and Fire" approach was what I originally wanted, but not legal here.

I wonder if I could get a waiver due to Tribal affiliation?????

In MA they give you the deceased's ashes in a bag inside a cardboard box. Spread me on some rose bushes. Then party like its 1999
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Donate my parts to another and get cremated.

Agreed.

no kids, and not close to my family members. Other than my spouse means no need for a service.
Others will be able to salvage the parts I've carefully preserved with diet and exercise
and the rest can get scrapped...er, I mean "cremated"
wink.gif

As Mr. Nice said, "Take me out on an airboat and push me off and into alligator infested swamp."
NOTE: Same thing with "bear infested woods" is OK too.

Just make certain I'm dead first.

Humorous take, anyone?
The lady mayor of a New Jersey town planned every moment of her funeral and continued to execute her office after learning of her terminal cancer.
It was on the news years ago.

The reporter mentioned that she had even "chosen the music to be played at the funeral".

So I turned and asked my father what song he'd select at his own funeral and he immediately answered......
"Wish YOU Were Here".

Everybody in my family knows I want just a simple cremation and my ashes scattered somewhere in the mountains here in Fulton County, Pennsylvania. I have a life insurance policy to cover all my debts so I won't be leaving anything behind.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Be cremated and have no Funeral Service.
I just want to be recalled / remembered, the exact same way as when I was alive.

Nobody celebrated anything I have accomplished or done - not since my marriage in 1971. That was 46 years ago. Not even a milestone birthday party when I reached 50 or 60 years old.

So unless my short list of family and friends are suddenly happy that I have departed the earth, then there's no need to have a funeral service on my behalf.

Don't bother viewing my ash-remains in that urn also. My soul / spirit has departed also. If you want to talk to your departed friends or family at places like cemeteries, you are wasting a trip there. They are no longer inside that dead body. They've been with you since they passed-on.

Yes, a departed soul can be in a 1,000 places at one time. Wait, make that 100,000+ places.

Well said...I'm happy if they dig a vertical hole with a power pole hole digger, drop me in feet first, and plant a nut tree over my head.

For some reason, I've occasionally mused about cremation, then a ride on the Cape May - Lewes Ferry, for anyone interested, it's a nice boat ride. About half way across the Delaware Bay, bloop, ashes in the bay.

And then it's just Adios My Friends.

Here in N.C. where I live, cremation costs about $1000-1200. Cremains come back in plastic box and you do what you want with them.

A woman who used to work for us died a few months ago - there wasn't even a funeral, her request. She just died, gone.

I want to be laid to rest in the back of my 84 Civic wagon and then be instantly cremated. I figure about 1 pound of Mercury Fulminate should do the trick.

I read this thread, then had a look on F/B, and saw this posted, not a friend but someone I knew from my area in the '70's. I presume they carried out his request at the time.

Whatever is cheapest I always thought funerals were a stupid expense.

Originally Posted By: mcrn

That's why cremation is a growing industry, fewer people want to spend big $$$ on a burial and cemetery plot.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: mcrn

That's why cremation is a growing industry, fewer people want to spend big $$$ on a burial and cemetery plot.

LOL, Oz, with the same land area as the main part of the US has been recycling grave sites for decades....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back