Inexpensive watch recommendations

Any recommendations on an analog watch under $50 that won't bite the dust within 1 year?

Just needs to be basic and have the date on the face.

I have had terrible luck so far by trying to cheap out, I guess. They stop working, bands breaking, batteries dying, faces scratching, poor time keeping all within just a few months.

I clicked on the 2 links above and one included a product suggestion for less money.

It was this : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YQFST6...d_r=2383c387-4646-4271-9d3e-6c1ef396752a&th=1

I like the look of the Timex Leo99 linked to
I loathe the snow-tire watch Hermann linked to.

Last time I scored a "good cheap watch", it was for my sister. She'd eat 'em up on the job.
J.C. Penny (and other stores too) have an ever changing supply of such watches.
The salesgal pulled a coupon out of her hat and hit the discount key twice.
Try that.

You may be in the wrong price range. I bought a Seiko analog watch, sapphire crystal, 100 meters water proof, metal strap for about $200. Keeps perfect time. This watch will last a couple of decades.

You may be in the wrong price range. I bought a Seiko analog watch, sapphire crystal, 100 meters water proof, metal strap for about $200. Keeps perfect time. This watch will last a couple of decades.
creationwatches.com has a sale on Seiko watches right now. Made in Singapore with Japanese works I think. Not so sure about the warranty but not too likely you'd need it for a Seiko anyway.

If you are willing to spend a little more, there is a good selection of Citizen Eco-Drive solar watches on eBay. I own about 10 bought there with tags, and they have all been terrific and cheaper than from on line stores.

Any recommendations on an analog watch under $50 that won't bite the dust within 1 year?

Just needs to be basic and have the date on the face.

I have had terrible luck so far by trying to cheap out, I guess. They stop working, bands breaking, batteries dying, faces scratching, poor time keeping all within just a few months.
You need a watch with sapphire glass but you have to spend a little more than $50.00

Back