Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
The famous Smart car oil change where the guy started the engine without oil:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3593314/1

What The...? How? Why?
15.gif

Ah, this guy.

He runs 10w-30 in his Mitsubishi Mirage because the recommended 0w-20 makes the transmission (CVT) "shift funny".

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Didn't go over big at Toyotanation website.

Didn't notice they broke the oil filter retaining clip. Oops. Takes 4.4 quarts total if you read the manual. Maybe it was a spoof video?

Not a spoof. This guy is serious.

He is a COMPLETE IDIOT. Does he think Toyota purposely outs in bad oil in their engines? Secondly, if there are so many metal fragments in the oil coming out, is not the oil filter doing it’s job? The filter will take out particles and secondly, even if it didn’t, the particles that are in the are no harder than the components they come into contact with.

Sounds like the typical zombie/voter/reproducer/sheep/consumer that now owns a set of tools. Fool!

Entertainment video? Troll! just to see how many forums his [censored] video ends up on... comments disabled! Video created for BITOG forum to see if thread hit 100 pages.

If I had a penny for every time of of these clowns thought that they are smarter than the factory engineer.
Soup Sandwich.

All he needs is a red nose and big clown shoes and a proper sound track.

It amazes me how ignorant people are. Put 5W-30 conventional in it? This vehicle specs 5W-20 or 0W-20 synthetic doesn't it? The oil looks black in the container because he poured it into a BLACK CONTAINER. Is this guy for real? I would hate to buy a used vehicle that this guy owned. Some older folks are still [censored] bent that 20 weight oils are much too thin, I see it all the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gwhaley262
That guy has to be trolling. He has disabled comments on all of his videos.

I have watched this channel for a while for entertainment. There is "Kooler" who is "Radz" brother that lives in a different state. They both upload these videos to youtube.

I honestly do not believe they are trolling. I think they are just that uninformed and unwilling to change or research anything.

The guy in this video is "Kooler". "Radz" switched his Mirage to 10w-30 because it made the CVT shift funny ... I suspect that is why "Kooler" followed.

One of his other videos (also coming back at 'cha with the 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition) says if you use gas with ethanol in it the serpentine belt will fling "black stuff" on the underside of the hood. And then if you switch to 100% gasoline, it will disappear.

I like to drop my oil pan and clean it and the crank with brake cleaner. Then I get the Ole lady to spin the motor over while I spray it some more just to make sure it's clean and there's no dirty oil in there.

It's a pain to do every 1500 miles but worth it using full synthetic racing oil in my economy car accent.

Was that a "2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition"? I don't think he mentioned it.

So using "pure petroleum" in his 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition will make him "feel" better. Yes, that's what counts, [censored] what the engine needs, it is what makes me sleep better.

If bozo wanted to know how much oil goes in his 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition, the manual I am sure states 4.4 quarts.

What a bozo.

Originally Posted By: stchman
Was that a "2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition"? I don't think he mentioned it.

So using "pure petroleum" in his 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition will make him "feel" better. Yes, that's what counts, [censored] what the engine needs, it is what makes me sleep better.

If bozo wanted to know how much oil goes in his 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition, the manual I am sure states 4.4 quarts.

What a bozo.

That S comes with the same 132 HP engine as most other Corollas...the "LE Eco" has 140 HP!!!
I guess I shouldn't be too proud driving a boxy Subie around, but I'd love to race this guy and see if fluids start shooting out from under his hood when he hits the gas.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Uh ...

How do the wheels on a 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition weigh 47 pounds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFDbl485hQ8

Somebody put water in my lug nuts!

+1 !

I perused some of his other videos... all misinformation and paranoia. It's always that 'someone' put things where they don't belong. If you watch that video further he goes on to inspect his brakes and you'll notice that the anti-rattle clip 'doesn't belong there' and will cause a clicking when it's cold, he says. Tells other Corolla owners that they should remove theirs immediately.

I just started watching his Nissan Juke oil change video and I couldn't get past the description:

Kooler does not recommend synthetic oil in your Juke. The rpm needle was all over the place. I recommend Havoline 5w-20 oil, this works well in the Juke. The car is back to normal now that I've replaced the oil with non synthetic. What I've learned is that synthetic oil will wear your engine out rapidly.

confused.gif
confused.gif

Is there a thread somewhere that contains all these kinds of YouTube videos? I could spend hours watching this, though I'm afraid it might make me yell at the screen occasionally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back