the worst oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched that, but I am going to watch it!

There is one where he puts the spring splitting spacer things in the rear of the Mirage.

Take a look at the VW Beatle oil change. The 5w-30 Havoline and 5w-40 castrol edge affect fan operation differently.

Originally Posted By: Rust_Belt_Pete
Oxygen thief.

That's funny.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It is on the net is has to be actual fact. No oil is too thin at start up.

Agreed. Maybe this is where our friend Joseph finds his maintenance advice.

Sadly even stupid people can upload to YouTube.

This guy reminds me of 90% of gun related you tube videos.
Makes me want to yell at him "this is why we cant have nice things" followed by a mandatory spaying/neutering.

Originally Posted By: 02FocusZX5

does first oil change at 30 miles
factory fills are trash
synthetic is inferior to conventional
engine is machining itself?
toyota recommends 0w-20. puts in 5w-30.

Why wait for 30 miles???
mad.gif
I would bring my drain pan, tools, oil, filter, and gasket with me and change it at the dealer parking lot.

The stuff this guy is spewing is priceless. I almost spit out my drink when I heard the part about the ethanol gas making black grease fling off the serpentine belt
grin.gif
and the Nissan Juke oil change video is comedy gold
"The synthetic oil confuses the computer, the engines ahhh slippery or whatever you want to call it, it wasn't registering properly and so ahh the computer could not idle the automobile properly I've seen this happen before"

Lol he can't be serious, [censored] you synthetic oil making my engine to slippery!
crazy.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Originally Posted By: 02FocusZX5

does first oil change at 30 miles
factory fills are trash
synthetic is inferior to conventional
engine is machining itself?
toyota recommends 0w-20. puts in 5w-30.

Why wait for 30 miles???
mad.gif
I would bring my drain pan, tools, oil, filter, and gasket with me and change it at the dealer parking lot.

Id special order the car without oil lol

Originally Posted By: Fsatsil
Id special order the car without oil lol

Lol I had a 2009 Corolla at one point and I called the joint GM/Toyota factory in California -- NUMMI, which later closed and reopened as the Tesla factory -- to find out which oil was installed at the factory. They didn't know because the engines come prefilled with oil from a separate Toyota factory in the East Coast. So, I had to call the engine factory to find out. It was TGMO 0W-20 SM.

So, you would have to call the engine factory first and have a special -- oilless -- engine made.

There is nothing like a Corolla but they don't make them as good as my 1985 anymore. My next car will probably be a Prius in a couple of years or more, even though it's hard to stop using my well-running 1985.

Originally Posted By: Gwhaley262
That guy has to be trolling. He has disabled comments on all of his videos.

A troll would leave them enabled to get a kick out of the responses.

I have talked to people face to face that actually believed thier oil change affected the way the trans behaved.

"Man, I switched to synthetic and my trans shifts smoother!"

"My car shifted funny on 5w30 so I went back to 10w30 and it's fine now."

Where are all these shared sump wet clutch cars?

Originally Posted By: Justin251
I have talked to people face to face that actually believed thier oil change affected the way the trans behaved.

"Man, I switched to synthetic and my trans shifts smoother!"

"My car shifted funny on 5w30 so I went back to 10w30 and it's fine now."

Where are all these shared sump wet clutch cars?

Since the transmission shift behavior strongly depends on engine power output, yes, it's possible to notice some difference when switching between less- and more fuel-efficient oils. However, you would probably only notice it when switching to a very thick oil and your engine's power output is limited.

I don't buy the effects they were speaking of.

Not with today's electronic controlled transmissions.

And not in switching from a conventional to a synthetic in the sake weight.

Yeah, perhaps if you put molasses in there and the engine was so sluggish as to affect the operation of the trans or it somehow affected some part of the vacuum system connectedwith the trans.

99/100 is just someone parroting something they heard.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
What kind of a vehicle is that he's working on?

In case he didn't repeat it enough
grin.gif

It's a Toyota Corolla S Special Edition with CVT TRANSMISSION. I guess that T in CVT stands for something else...

There a newer video where he highlights his new tries followed by a video where the car had just turned over 5k I think... He must have a decent amount of money to entirely replace 5k mile tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
The engine is machining itself?
crackmeup2.gif

A waste of his time, and perfectly good oil too!
That stuff he sees is what is removed by the oil filter
before it reaches the engine.

As far as oil weight, I agree that 5w-30 is probably the most all around robust for this model but due to the warranty I would have kept the Toyota recommended weight in it.

Why he would use dino in a car that is engineered from the get go for synthetic is beyond me. Seems silly.

All of this time I've been paying machine shops to machine my engines, like a sucker, when the engine would have just done it by itself!!!

Radz tire video

I don't think the guy was replacing tires at 5K miles. But he made it quite clear the new Firestone tires don't meet his approval as the tread blocks look "cheap" to him. Seems to be surprised that the tire pressures range from 31-33 psi...Oh the humanity! Another nit of his is the metal brake clip that shouldn't be there, on all 4 wheels. The darn engineers had those put there only to annoy owners with a rattle whenever it's cold out...lol. He just removes them whenever he sees them. One has to wonder why he even bought this car if he has so many complaints about it?

You can blog with Kooler here

Dumping more brand new oil

That last oil change video got 5w-20 Havoline. And what I learned was to ensure you partially remove the dipstick and oil fill cap to properly vent the oil pan area. More signs of engine "machining" in this oil change.

"The oil is brand new, but you want to get it outta there."

5w-20 is ok here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back