Straight talk or Crickett?

No there are no talk only plans for Cricket. I was just answering your OP on what provider and also your reference to iPhone.
Lively.com will cost you roughly close $25 a month if you include tax for talk and text only assuming you allow them to automatically debit the monthly payment.
The Cheapest Cricket plan gives you some data for $30 a month tax included, and I believe also auto debit.. Options are good to have
For that cricket plan do you get talk and text? I’m thinking so.

Thank You Alarmguy

Another happy Cricket customer here. I have 5 lines of "unlimited" everything for $125/mo. I use cheap androids, but everyone else on my plan uses iphones. I'm not sure if it still holds true, but there were certain makes/models of phones when used with Cricket, used Verizon towers.

Calling 1-800 cricket isn't what it used to be. You could be on hold for 20-30min now, where this never happened ~6yrs ago when I started with them.

The $15.00 plan is $16.67 after taxes and fees. I am amazed how good it is. I can even tether (a.k.a "hotspot") with it.
I’m very leery of t mobile or company owned by them such as TELLO. Tried TELLO, service was a mess. Maybe I’ll bite bullet and go to Wal mart and get tracfone after all.

I’m very leery of t mobile or company owned by them such as TELLO. Tried TELLO, service was a mess. Maybe I’ll bite bullet and go to Wal mart and get tracfone after all.
I signed up for the $15.00 Connect by T-Mobile plan as an experiment (and to appease a friend, who works for T-Mobile). I have been pleasantly surprised. I still use Cricket for my primary line, but T-Mobile data is much faster in some areas that I frequent, so I set up my iPhone to use both lines. Cricket for voice and T-Mobile for data. Note that the phone must be un-locked to use different carriers at the same time.

If your voice service is poor (on any carrier), and your phone supports it, try turning on Wi-Fi calling. Then the phone will use your Wi-Fi network (and the internet), instead of the cellular network, to make/receive calls. Here's a good description of it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/794724/what-is-wi-fi-calling/

I signed up for the $15.00 Connect by T-Mobile plan as an experiment (and to appease a friend, who works for T-Mobile). I have been pleasantly surprised. I still use Cricket for my primary line, but T-Mobile data is much faster in some areas that I frequent, so I set up my iPhone to use both lines. Cricket for voice and T-Mobile for data. Note that the phone must be un-locked to use different carriers at the same time.

If your voice service is poor (on any carrier), and your phone supports it, try turning on Wi-Fi calling. Then the phone will use your Wi-Fi network (and the internet), instead of the cellular network, to make/receive calls. Here's a good description of it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/794724/what-is-wi-fi-calling/
You get by with 3.5 Gb of data? I guess it's possible, I never thought we would use as much as we do now. Current bill is my wife and I used 15 Gb of data. Approx 7.6 for me and 6.3 for her

For the Op he had a terrible time with T Mobile and his tracfone idea may be better. But honestly he wont know until he tries. If there are no towers in an area no one will have great service.

I have 1GB data and most of it goes wasted. Other than family there's virtually nothing that important and family doesn't require data. I don't have to go get the new phone as soon as they come out either though.

No. It works like any other phone. I pay monthly with a credit card. They text me when the bill is due, and I log into my account and pay it. They have an "auto-pay" option as well. It's easy.
I have Red Pockets ( Verizon ) $8.25 a month / prepaid annually w/auto pay . Paying annually makes it a bit cheaper than there pay monthly plan

I can get by with 1 GB which my plan has only because I have cable internet for my Computer with a Router (wifi ) for TV and Smartphone outside plus wifi at work .
Yes, we’re always on our Wi-Fi when in the house but we burn through up to 15 Gb outside the house.
And we don’t even watch movies on the phones. We do use GPS pretty often and of course Apple Music.

Bout to go with AT&T as get the 3rd Gen. iPhone SE free at Wal Mart. And I’d get a 20% military veteran discount and 13% discount for my work. Coworker has AT&T and lives near me and zero issues.

@ 53.....you can download an application both from the Google Playstor or Apple ITunes called Open Signal. It has a mapping feature that will show the closest carrier towers to your location and thus potential coverage.

T-Mobile users are now paying the price for the over population of their network and poor performance is the result of load balancing that they actively apply when more subscribers are trying to use the network to full capacity. They have offloaded some of these connections to their 5G network, but that only works if you are in a 5G coverage area....which is usually only available in major metropolitian markets.
Your comment about T-Mobile is interesting. My brother has it and his service is far better than my att.

Back