Switched from T-Mobile to US Mobile

Nonsense that it "unmatched by anyone ". Google Fi beats them in every point...and it's T-Mobile's network. I pay less and get more. It's more streamlined. I don't care anymore about T-Mobile Tuesday silliness...download an app to save $2.75 on a Pizza Hut pizza or, wear a magenta jumpsuit and get 25% off a Whopper Jr. in some filthy BK...or some other useless marketing promotion.
After 50+ trips to Europe, I don't need international text, calling or data of any sort anymore.
They were once very good. Not anymore.
Hey man cool down.

I get Apple TV, no charge. :cool: :LOL:

Take the good stuff while you can. T-Mobile currently has the best reception and price for our age and location. Sr Magenta or some such name, which actually has changed but not the price.

They did tee me off once so far. They won't take the credit card and still give the online pay discount, so debit card it is. No % points.
YES! Me too! It annoyed the heck out of me that I had to switch to debit card. Thanks for reminding me. In fact I swore I would switch because of that. I could see it moving forward for new customers but existing customers to change payments? Actually that was the first reminder that what used to be at T-Mobile (grandfathering) may change one day.
First time in my life I used a debit card to pay for something, normally I use it for nothing except on a rare occasion I use it for cash since my bank is 1000 miles away in some place that I never saw;)

With that said, I wish I wasnt so anxious to sell the stock last year *LOL* not a big change but could have got a little more out of it.

3 years not yet. Do they have a soft spot for geezers?
Now that is a derogatory word in today's world that you are using on yourself. ;) Lucky you're not calling another demographic that word!
You have attained senior status in our society! *LOL*

Be glad and proud...
Ohhh gosh, if only the young are fortunate enough to make it to your/our age, soooo many have not. I have known too many deaths before some made it even halfway to my age. Gosh, one of my best friends in my teenage years into our 20's died at around 23, still miss him at times, was as closer than a brother to me.
3rd grade classmate and his mom died head on collision. Out of our large group of teen friends, one died of cancer, his last achievement was to get a drivers license at the age of 17, girl/friend in the 11th grade, gone in her twenties. I am on my second life, almost died in the 4th grade, ruptured appendix, went septic, month in the hospital another month at home, for the first 2+ weeks in the hospital doctors told my mom and dad only god knew if I would live.

(Im typing this for all those young people in this forum)
1. Money doesnt buy you health, 2. Cherish your life and make changes for the better if you wish. 3. if you are lucky, you will be old before you know it.
I still have this passion for life, maybe from the experiences and last thing I ever think is I am older than 25 (then I look in the mirror*LOL*)

Nonsense that it "unmatched by anyone ". Google Fi beats them in every point...and it's T-Mobile's network. I pay less and get more. It's more streamlined. I don't care anymore about T-Mobile Tuesday silliness...download an app to save $2.75 on a Pizza Hut pizza or, wear a magenta jumpsuit and get 25% off a Whopper Jr. in some filthy BK...or some other useless marketing promotion.
After 50+ trips to Europe, I don't need international text, calling or data of any sort anymore.
They were once very good. Not anymore.
You dont post your actual payment and services. Google Fi cost more and you get less.
Dont knock the extra features with T-Mobile just because google doesnt offer them and yet charges you more.

YES! Me too! It annoyed the heck out of me that I had to switch to debit card. Thanks for reminding me. In fact I swore I would switch because of that. I could see it moving forward for new customers but existing customers to change payments? Actually that was the first reminder that what used to be at T-Mobile (grandfathering) may change one day.
First time in my life I used a debit card to pay for something, normally I use it for nothing except on a rare occasion I use it for cash since my bank is 1000 miles away in some place that I never saw;)

With that said, I wish I wasnt so anxious to sell the stock last year *LOL* not a big change but could have got a little more out of it.
I've had a couple things change to debit or direct bank account link ONLY the last 12 months or so. Irritating. Ugg.

Hey man cool down.

I get Apple TV, no charge. :cool: :LOL:
Yeah. That's great if you like or want Apple TV....or Netflix but chances are you'll get some streaming promotion if you still have cable TV or if you even want whatever streaming is offered as part of it. Google Fi gives me YouTube Premium and 100 GB Google One storage. The storage is a good plus. I could care less about YouTube Premium. Wait until you have to resolve billing issues or actually terminate service with them and you don't have your 6-13 digit pin code...or any other legitimate customer issue.
Like I stated previously, they were once very good. Got buy one get one LG V30s from them a few years back. One of the best phones I ever had. But I got my Pixel 7A free after 24 monthly credits
and I've yet to find anything I dislike about it. It's great so far...so there's that. If T-Mobile works for you Google Fi will too. Just simpler and cheaper.

Wrong...but aren't you the same guy that swears by LG refrigerators?
You still haven't posted the price, why is that? Oh that's right. (try to deflect again)
BTW- I already looked up the price,
Here I did it for you (and others) Here is your google fi ... PLUS taxes and fees.
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 11.16.07 AM.jpg

Oops! An inconvenient truth,
I pay $70 for full service TMobile 2 lines INCLUDING taxes.
Oh, well try again, update me sometime in the future on your new 2023 refrigerator and I will update you on my LG

Last edited:
You still haven't posted the price, why is that? Oh that's right. (try to deflect again)
BTW- I already looked up the price,
Here I did it for you (and others) Here is your google fi ... PLUS taxes and fees.
View attachment 207222

Oops! An inconvenient truth,
I pay $70 for full service TMobile 2 lines INCLUDING taxes.
Oh, well try again, update me sometime in the future on your new 2023 refrigerator and I will update you on my LG
Oops...an inconvenient truth...I've got 3 phones on the plan
Screenshot_20240308-113108_Chrome.jpg

Oops,
I guess you’re having trouble understanding my post. You pay $45 plus tax and fees per line
I pay $35 including tax and fees per line and I have all those features you say you don’t need and of course it’s with a primary cell phone provider.
What do you pay Apple for cloud storage? How much was your precious iPhone?
School time is over now.

Sr Magenta or some such name, which actually has changed but not the price.
It was $55 for two lines with unlimited data on phone, and new mid to high end phones included under contract-- which was a very good deal in the under $30 per line price tier, and really unavailable anywhere else without buying more than two lines. They aren't signing anyone onto this plan any more. They haven't forced anyone to switch but the replacement offered to new customers costs a lot more now.

Last edited:
It was $55 for two lines with unlimited data on phone, and new mid to high end phones included under contract-- which was a very good deal in the under $30 per line price tier, and really unavailable anywhere else without buying more than two lines. They aren't signing anyone onto this plan any more. They haven't forced anyone to switch but the replacement offered to new customers costs a lot more now.
Yes, we signed up 22 months ago, Magenta 55+
At the time they gave us two brand new iPhone 13s in return for our iPhone XR and iPhone 11+ roughly $300

Plan cost at that time was $70 actual payment, two lines, Also includes a host of other stuff, including tethering, international text, I believe out of country calling for places like the Philippines at $.25 a minute
The key for us was, we were already Netflix standard subscribers, so T-Mobile picked up the cost of the basic package roughly $8+ dollars (they actually increased what they pay us because the Netflix basic subscription went up)
This means our net cost is $62 or $61 and change for two lines, including all fees and taxes since T-Mobile is paying half the cost of our standard Netflix subscription.

It’s true they just stopped offering this plan and even though they still have a senior plan, it’s not the same.
We will certainly stay with this plan as long as T-Mobile allows us to stay in it meaning doesn’t discontinue it for current subscribers. The price is a bargain after seeing all price increases on cell service lately.
However, price rules and it will be back to red pocket or the OP in this thread. Should they do way with it and if I don’t like what they offer instead. But talk like that is premature as there’s no indication that there is any change at the current time.

It seems like the plan I have now is replaced with “go to plus 55” and $30 more expensive
They still have a plan for $70 with less features for 55+ call essentials

No wonder the stock price is doing so well🤣

Last edited:
Yes, we signed up 22 months ago, Magenta 55+
At the time they gave us two brand new iPhone 13s in return for our iPhone XR and iPhone 11+ roughly $300

Plan cost at that time was $70 actual payment, two lines, Also includes a host of other stuff, including tethering, international text, I believe out of country calling for places like the Philippines at $.25 a minute
The key for us was, we were already Netflix standard subscribers, so T-Mobile picked up the cost of the basic package roughly $8+ dollars (they actually increased what they pay us because the Netflix basic subscription went up)
This means our net cost is $62 or $61 and change for two lines, including all fees and taxes since T-Mobile is paying half the cost of our standard Netflix subscription.

It’s true they just stopped offering this plan and even though they still have a senior plan, it’s not the same.
We will certainly stay with this plan as long as T-Mobile allows us to stay in it meaning doesn’t discontinue it for current subscribers. The price is a bargain after seeing all price increases on cell service lately.
However, price rules and it will be back to red pocket or the OP in this thread. Should they do way with it and if I don’t like what they offer instead. But talk like that is premature as there’s no indication that there is any change at the current time.

It seems like the plan I have now is replaced with “go to plus 55” and $30 more expensive
They still have a plan for $70 with less features for 55+ call essentials

No wonder the stock price is doing so well🤣
🤣😆🥱

Back