Officially Switching To Fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased and installed 20-30 of the Fram Ultra filters (or the related Pro Synthetic filter) and on almost every single filter, the flat-gasket was stuck to the engine when the filter was removed at the next oil change.

I recognize that this is not a huge issue, but I have never had this issue with Wix or OE filters. For this reason alone I stopped using the Fram Ultra filters.

I believe Fram has addressed thier bad reputation with better quality control where Purolator put their money in advertising and gimmicks like the BOSS. The center tube was the deal breaker. I just think there is too much chance your filter will be in bypass most of the time and there are too many choices. Fram Ultra is the best filter ( For the Money).
I can get them for around $4.50 a piece. Your not buying Mobil 1/ Amsoil or KN for that.
Purolator still puts the circular holes in the little filters. It's only the big ones that get stamped.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
I've used a ton of Fram orange cans, and cut open quite a few. Some looked pretty ugly, but none appeared to have failed. Still, Rock Auto has pretty good prices on Wix, and Fram TG and XG, so I'm leaning in that direction. I've cut open a couple of Purolators that looked fine, but then I cut open a Pure One and it was torn. No need to buy Puro's with so many other options available.

The OCOD may be the largest selling oil filter in the world. The oil you use is far more important than the filter you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back