When did Fram switch the Ultra to the new style?

build date of 2023 with OG media. i think it was different for every size. this is a 7317 size.

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6012.jpeg

I have an Ultra from August 2023 and I was having a hard time being able to tell if there was wire backing on the media. I'm pretty sure there's not. But since they stopped the wire backing in 2021, I can be sure this filter does not have it.

Thank you!

I have an Ultra from August 2023 and I was having a hard time being able to tell if there was wire backing on the media. I'm pretty sure there's not. But since they stopped the wire backing in 2021, I can be sure this filter does not have it.

Thank you!
can you get a photo like i did down the center tube? some of the louvered filters still had wire backing.

It took longer for the Titanium line to make the change to non-wire backed media.

I think Fram Titanium might have went back to OG wired back pink media. I read some where that they went to new ultra media only due to material shortage. The one I have left from 2022 (date code A23072) is non-wired yellow media. (Ultra new style) the ones I have after date code A30941 are OG wire backed media.

I have been to multiple different AAP and the ones before A30941 are yellow non-wired, but all the ones on that date code and after were all wired back pink media. This is for the 7317 filter.

Last edited:
I think Fram Titanium might have went back to OG wired back pink media. I read some where that they went to new ultra media only due to material shortage. The one I have left from 2022 (date code A23072) is non-wired yellow media. (Ultra new style) the ones I have after date code A30941 are OG wire backed media.

I have been to multiple different AAP and the ones before A30941 are yellow non-wired, but all the ones on that date code and after were all wired back pink media. This is for the 7317 filter.
Let's hope so ... time will tell. And even if the Titanium went back to the original wire backed media, I doubt the Ultra will follow that route.

Back