What is your current favorite oil filter to use?

Wire backed Fram Titaniums 3600
Fram Endurance 3600
Donaldson p551132
Fleetguard LF16011
Microgard Select
STP XL

I like using larger filters on my car so they top the list of my favorites. Dont really have a brand preference as long as its good and durable media to last the rated miles.

NAPA/Wix, been using them for years, not worried about spending a few more bucks for an oil change, spend too much money on a car and to cheap out on oil changes. (n)

The BOSS does better in filtering than what people are stating. Watch the BR video. it's enough for me to see.
I dunno why people are taking that channel as gospel here. Its a good clownshow with a lot of flaws on their setup such as that 10 micron flush filter which isnt gonna clean fully between test. Their score ranking is confusing at best. There is a reason why a certified lab test results posted years ago is taken as hard fact and the guy who did it was very open with his process using calibrated equipment.

Only thing I take as a decent ranking in the BR data is the dP vs flow tests. They get all excited when a few filters have 2 to 3 PSI more of dP at high flow rates than the others in a test group, but in reality that doesn't matter because of the PD oil pump.

Right after getting the Maverick I got two Motorcraft FL910's Recently got two Bosch. Using a old Wix right now from 2015. Still have older Purolators from about 2013 a L10241 and PL10241. I be good for a while.

I have Fram on all of my vehicles.

24 Silverado gets the Fram Titanium FS12447, it's a synthetic endurance with a different sticker on it

Wife's 23 RAV4 has the FE4967

My 79 Camaro with a 565 big block currently uses a supply of OG Titanium FS5s that have the pink synthetic media and metal wire backing

Your PC data won't mean anything unless you have PC tests for other oil filters used on the same engine over the same OCI with the same driving conditions. I've plotted PC data from the UOA forum and there were some Boss filters in the mix which showed a worse PC. Here's one example. So if you ran say 3 different oil filters on the same engine for the same OCI, you might see something like this.

View attachment 214203
That makes zero sense at all. Why would I need to test other filters. You're making things up.

That makes zero sense at all. Why would I need to test other filters. You're making things up.
What are you going to base one PC on to compare to other filters of different efficiency? That's like doing one UOA with an oil and having nothing else to compare it to. Not "making things up" ... you just don't understand testing.

I dunno why people are taking that channel as gospel here. Its a good clownshow with a lot of flaws on their setup such as that 10 micron flush filter which isnt gonna clean fully between test. Their score ranking is confusing at best. There is a reason why a certified lab test results posted years ago is taken as hard fact and the guy who did it was very open with his process using calibrated equipment.
I totally agree. Most of YouTube is for entertainment purposes only. Clickbait….trying to make it big.

For the Volvo: MANN HU 925/4y changed with every oil change.

For the Hondas: Fram Endurance 7317 kept on for two OCIs.

Mine has always been the Fram Ultra. However I see Fram has added the Titanium and Endurance now.
Unfortunately Meijer quit carrying Fram, so I bought a Mobil 1 filter this time. I have no problem with M1 filters but just wasn't my first choice.

What is your current favorite? Does price play a part in your decision?
Acdelco/champ made ecores. Efficient enough, hold up well, cheap and easy to get. Just how I like my Women lol.

Usually whatever is on sale. I have found the Super Tech filters to be fine, or anything from NAPA if it is on a good sale.

Back