What is your current favorite oil filter to use?

Used Wix for the longest time because of the "cardboard endcaps" propaganda. Then I learned how much smaller Wix's filter media was and felt they were no longer worth the premium. Ironically switched to Fram EG afterwards but with the recent changes, they're just an overpriced Super Tech filter now. Now I just stock up on Denso or Hengst filters from RA if they happen to ship from the same warehouse.

For Euro applications, Mahle.

Wix.
I work in a parts store that sells them and having the staff discount on them is nice.

Even paying retail i'd probably still buy them. Having cut open a wix and comparing to the OE filter for my truck, the wix was the clear superior filter.

I have no particular go-to filter brand. But I do have filter brands that I like. For European cars, I like Hengst, Mahle, and Purflux. For anything else, I have no problem with premium filters from many brands.

Fram TG on my Mazda - it has over 200k miles now on it and it has seen almost Fram TG exclusively. If cars run on the Fram Orange cans for 300k miles I’m not too worried.

The GM gets AC Delco.

I currently have a FRAM Endurance on 2 of my vehicles and OG FRAM Titaniums on the other 2. I use them for 2 oil changes. That being said, after seeing the C&P’s on the Car Quest Premiums and how good they look, I may go that route the next time I change oil & filters.

Going forward I myself would probably seek out a Premium Guard Extended Life filter such as a Microgard Select from ORielly, a Carquest Premium from AAP or a Napa Gold.

I have some WIX that I am using through that still seem to have decent construction although they are heavily Purolator influenced. Newer ones don’t tickle my fancy.

I also have a lot of ACDelco PF61 on hand, after looking though them, I didn’t like the uneven and wide pleat spacing seen from the nylon center tube. I will be selling those off.

I don’t wanna worry about these anymore and just want a reasonably priced very quality product. Quality more important than price.

I have always used the OEM GM AC Delco oil filter in my 2007 GMC 2500HD classic with the Duramax diesel engine. Same for the fuel filter, original equipment from a local GMC dealer. I buy the OEM spin on filter for the Allison transmission from a local Allison transmission sales and service shop. It's a little cheaper than from the GM dealer.

PurolatorOne and Boss oil filters have been used most of the time. I recently bought a Microguard Select to try. All filters are cut open and I have never found any defects.

Mine has always been the Fram Ultra. However I see Fram has added the Titanium and Endurance now.
Unfortunately Meijer quit carrying Fram, so I bought a Mobil 1 filter this time. I have no problem with M1 filters but just wasn't my first choice.

What is your current favorite? Does price play a part in your decision?
Ecogard blue can

Fram Ultras, despite the loss of the wire backing and increased prices. They have good advertised efficiency and availability.

I have a couple PurolatorOne filters to try next. They appear decently constructed in WhipCity’s videos. Hopefully their efficiency is as advertised.

Back