No more T Mobile auto pay on CC

T-Mobile has been hacked so many times in the last couple of years that I would not at all let them have my bank account information D
I deny companies my account numbers just because so I don’t disagree with you and TMobile has been hacked many times.
With that said I don’t see it as major concern as it’s a sure thing your information has been hacked somewhere along the line whether you’re aware or not.
Let me back up, yeah it’s a big concern why I don’t allow debits to my account. But with a checking account/debit it is limited after all we used to use paper checks with our account number and home address on them.
I do think with TMobile history they have some nerve changing the terms during my agreement with them

Doctors, dentist, all health care but most of all most all Americans Social Security numbers are hacked, traded and sold on the dark web.
Meaning we are all a fish in the Ocean and it’s really what hacker chooses your Social Security number out of the 300 million that are out there as they can only use a few of those because there are so many LOL

One thing is most Americans don’t bother doing anything so if your one that does you most likely won’t be a victim.
Since T Mobile was exposed is a good thing at least people are aware and can do something. You can’t doing something that you’re not aware of. In addition you can bet TMobile is locked down after the experience more than ever.

If Americans cared about their security they would do a free credit lock on the credit reporting agencies, sadly less than 20% do and it’s a free service🤣

I need to go back to sleep 😴

Last edited:
Just saw this:

I've been with T-Mobile for work and personal use for 20+ years.
Am currently on the T-Mobile One TE with 5 lines.
They force me to another plan...Mint Mobile looks like the best deal. I don't need the carrier to provide my phones. Perfect reason to get my daughter and her husband on their own plan and save me the accounting work to bill them.

Just saw this:

They force me to another plan...Mint Mobile looks like the best deal. I don't need the carrier to provide my phones. Perfect reason to get my daughter and her husband on their own plan and save me the accounting work to bill them.

Just saw this:

It will be interesting for sure.
It can be good or bad depending on what side of the coin you end up on.

T-Mobile says a small percentage of their customers. I guess the "uncarrier" marketing campaign is over! *LOL*
Well there is always the brand new 4th carrier in the USA Dishnetwork's Boost Mobile...

If I get a rate increase ultimately I will end up back at Red Pocket which is terrific or maybe the new carrier DishNetworks Boost which by the way is the reason (I think) for the TMobile rate plan change as Boost is offering the latest new iPhone every year on their plan at no cost or some kind of special like that, TMobile I suspect is trying to stem the loss of customers, we will see. Boost Mobile (aka Dishnetwork) is offering killer plans being the new kid on the block.

Good post, Im excited to see what's in it for me, stay or go, free new iPhone or not, Boost mobile or not, Redpocket or not, time will tell.
Competition is good. I suspect the huge majority of T-Mobile customers will not see a rate increase and might actually end up with a better deal?.

Last edited:
It could also be when they took over sprint and rolled over some sprint customers into plans that T-Mobile didn’t have and they want to get everybody on the same T-Mobile plans.

It will be interesting for sure.
It can be good or bad depending on what side of the coin you end up on.

T-Mobile says a small percentage of their customers. I guess the "uncarrier" marketing campaign is over! *LOL*
Well there is always the brand new 4th carrier in the USA Dishnetwork's Boost Mobile...

If I get a rate increase ultimately I will end up back at Red Pocket which is terrific or maybe the new carrier DishNetworks Boost which by the way is the reason (I think) for the TMobile rate plan change as Boost is offering the latest new iPhone every year on their plan at no cost or some kind of special like that, TMobile I suspect is trying to stem the loss of customers, we will see

Good post, Im excited to see what's in it for me, stay or go, free new iPhone or not, time will tell.
Give them credit, very ingenious way to increase your rates! Hide behind a switch of rate plan names.
Don't know how ingenious it is to piss off 60-70% of your current customers. Although, there's millions of sheeple out there that just rollover and do nothing.
How does Red Pocket compare to Mint or Metro if T-Mobile network coverage is excellent wherever one frequents?

Last edited:
Don't know how ingenious it is to piss off 60-70% of your current customers. Although, there's millions of sheeple out there that just rollover and do nothing.
How does Red Pocket compare to Mint or Metro if T-Mobile network coverage is excellent wherever one frequents?
Red Pocket is no different than Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile pretty much.
You choose which one of the above three networks that you want to have service on when you sign up with Redpocket.
It's really thoughtless, choose and go. It's like almost which oil do you want to use in your vehicle? Dont like the sound of Mobil 1 then switch to Castrol.
Meaning there is no contract, so if your not happy with the service for any unknown reason what-so-ever, Red Pocket will switch you to another carrier of your choice or you just cancel your service and go to another company.
We had Red Pocket for years 100% trouble free.

AT&T service in South Carolina always worked great for us so when we went to Redpocket we selected ATT service.
Stayed with them for years. Only switched to T-Mobile because their 55+ Magenta plan is hard to beat with all the services but the key was, at the time, around Thanksgiving, they gave us $1,600 in two new iPhone 13's at the time in return for our older iPhone 11 and iPhone XR plus around $400 in total extra cost over a two year period. Lots of perks that really bring the price down, such as they pay half the cost of our Netflix Subscription, can tether my laptop to my phone (not that I ever really do except on vacation) Airplane wifi... cost comes down to around $60 for two lines and the only reason we switched.

I may switch back in March to RedPocket or another IF and only IF for some reason I find a much better price but honestly 2 lines with all the perks that we get costing something like $63 after taking into account they pay half our Netflex is a pretty good deal and this is true unlimited everything not that I care. Between my wife and I two iPhone we rarely ever exceed 15 Gb Data a month combined.
So after March 2024 we will be done getting bill credits for our iPhone 13's and our actual payment will be $70 a month for both lines and in that $70 they are giving us Netflix basic, we then opt to pay additional difference for the one step up on Netflix ( I think its called "standard")

T-Mobile is no longer the "Un-Carrier" I never felt obligated to ANY service I pay for, after all I pay them. I dont understand loyalty to corporations and their shareholders. Though I do think T-Mobile is blowing their reputation right out the window and I guess they dont care any more to be just like ATT and Verizon Now that T-Mobile is just as big as them.

Good news is we now have a new 4th primary nation-wide cell phone company in the USA and that is Dish-network with their own towers and sold under their brand name Boost Mobile I suspect Boost will be the new T-Moble, offering stand out great plans to grab market share from the other 3 and its working as TMobile is responding with similar promotions.
Competition rules🙃

Last edited:
I'm looking at Google Fi. It's T-Mobile with a focus on Android devices...although iPhones work fine on it...the newer the better.
3 lines unlimited with 35 gigs data/line before throttling=$80.
I've heard that Metro is T-Mobile without any semblance of customer support.

I'm looking at Google Fi. It's T-Mobile with a focus on Android devices...although iPhones work fine on it...the newer the better.
3 lines unlimited with 35 gigs data/line before throttling=$80.
I've heard that Metro is T-Mobile without any semblance of customer support.
I can understand some want customer support, truly.

Ive been using cell phones since 2001. I dont base customer support on my decision.
I dont need them, in the rare times I did, always worked it out and its been years and years since ever needing anything. Price rules for me, always have and knowing I am not bound and haven't been bound by any type of contract other then 30 days for well over a decade now, if I didnt like a service I could switch, yet never had a service I didnt like.

Honestly I wouldnt choose Metro, it's not cheap. RedPocket rules. Im not a google fan on anything but that sounds good too, if you dont hate them like I do *LOL*.

Dishnetworks Boost Mobile now the nations 4th cell carrier is offering some good deals but dont know much about them.

T mobile will never, ever get my business again. Service was a real mess. For a flip phone and smart phone at $55~ month prepaid I’m happy with Verizon.

T mobile will never, ever get my business again. Service was a real mess. For a flip phone and smart phone at $55~ month prepaid I’m happy with Verizon.
Yup, it's impossible to recommend a cell company to anyone, more so in a rural area. It's all about how close the tower is. Forums are useless for finding out about signal strength in a particular area.

This is what happens in a good area =

From the story above, and I agree in my area. I experienced 170 Mbps download on a tower near me.
The key for anyone is what company in the rural area's have towers there.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 10.00.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 10.00.38 AM.png

Last edited:
I'll never deal with them again because their customer service is worst by far, I'd put them below Comcast, I did the two week trial of their Home Internet last October, I took the gateway back to the store and returned it and told them that I wanted to cancel during the trial period, they refunded me my activation fee right their and took the gateway back but did not cancel the service, so I got billed for it still, and two months later I had to call them up and they fixed it, but they not only fixed it the over credited my account which made the account stay open, I just kept getting bills with a negative balance so I stopped even opening them, apparently at some point the sent me a prepaid card for the credit balance in an unmarked envelope that looked like junk mail, and then later decided that they needed to charge me for it and I only noticed once I got a late notice about it, then I made a complaint to their executive line and they said they have corrected it, my next bill should have a zero balance and the account should close out. Under no circumstances should a free trial cause grief almost a year after it was cancelled, I never want to deal with T-mobile ever again, this is honestly a worse experience than when comcast charged me rental fees on my own equipment.

One can google complaints on any cell phone company and read the unlucky customers who had a problem. When you have well over 100 million customers you will have a corresponding percent of issues.
One just has to remember, they got to those 100 million because most are satisfied.

brand new 4th carrier in the USA Dishnetwork's Boost Mobile...
DISH Wireless was born by buying up certain Sprint spectrum licenses and the Boost retail operation-- assets that were required to be divested in the T-Mobile takeover. There's nothing "new" about it. Yes they're now #4, but they are literally a fragment of the old #4.

They say "cover 70% of the population" but that means exactly the same thing when Sprint used to say it: they have the cities. They're dependent on contracts with others to go "nationwide."

Last edited:
DISH Wireless was born by buying up certain Sprint spectrum licenses and the Boost retail operation-- assets that were required to be divested in the T-Mobile takeover. There's nothing "new" about it. Yes they're now #4, but they are literally a fragment of the old #4.

They say "cover 70% of the population" but that means exactly the same thing when Sprint used to say it: they have the cities. They're dependent on contracts with others to go "nationwide."
Yes it is new it's the nations 4th cell phone provider and almost no one knows, even in here. But they are allowed time in the agreement to build out their network so started off right away as really piggybacking on TMobile an still does to some degree and agreements with Verizon. There are only 4 providers in the USA, T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT and now Boost that own their networks and spectrum. That is it.

It's new to the people that have no clue that they are the nations 4th primary carrier, that they own their own spectrum (and its HUGE) and building their own towers and you are correct about their coverage, it is mandated that they cover 80% of the population by 2025 as part of the agreement. Really their own coverage just started last year according to this.
The rest will be on TMobile and Verizon for areas they are not in yet.
Here is a short explanation. By the way, the competition has already started and forced T-Mobil to change their plan offerings as Boost was/is offering a sweet plan for some people, TMobile just copied it.
Click=
https://www.pcmag.com/news/dish-reveals-first-coverage-maps-boost-infinite-brand

No-
I assumed this is what it is mostly all about. Cash is king. They should give you a cash discount. Some gas stations in my area are doing so. They take .10 off per gallon for cash sales. I suspect you will be seeing more of this moving into the future.

I assumed this is what it is mostly all about. Cash is king. They should give you a cash discount. Some gas stations in my area are doing so. They take .10 off per gallon for cash sales. I suspect you will be seeing more of this moving into the future.
No. At the retail level cash presents another whole set of issues. The difference between cash and a credit card to the consumer is minimal once you figure in cash rebates. What you will see is wider acceptance of Venmo and other like services .

Last edited:
No. At the retail level cash presents another whole set of issues. The difference between cash and a credit card to the consumer is minimal once you figure in cash rebates. What you will see is wider acceptance of Venmo and other like services .
Ok teach us. What are the issues with cash that out weigh the handling of Credit or debit cards.? At some point isn't a Venmo type of service going to have to charge a fee to someone? There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay for the service. It is not a charity.

... The difference between cash and a credit card to the consumer is minimal once you figure in cash rebates. What you will see is wider acceptance of Venmo and other like services .
It's my opinion that credit cards rule. More so if you have good credit and a wide selection of cash back cards.
Call me crazy but it adds up. I could care less how much the card companies charge the retailers. All I know is I am way ahead of those who pay cash or use cards with no cash back.

Example this OCT 1 2023 to Jan1st 2024
I get paid
5% back on anything I buy at Costco and Sam's Club
5% on Amazon (and target that I never go to)
5% on every place we eat out
3% on Grocieries (and some other stuff)
2% on everything else
I never ever pay with cash anymore, why? It cost me money to pay cash.

It's a fun thing for me and my wife. Even though we buy almost anything anyway we let it add up for fun stuff and haven't cashed in too much over the last year or so. Some small stuff like Maui Jim sunglasses and Costa ultra thin glass models only for us. Though I just a few weeks ago bought some non glass Revo's *LOL* loved the look.
Just spent roughly $1000 on a fish tank for the new home all paid for by cash back.
Ill never use those other services

Back