No more T Mobile auto pay on CC

Highboy

Site Donor 2022
I received a text from t mobile today saying I’ll lose my auto pay discount if I don’t switch to a debt or bank account. And they want this done by tomorrow. I’m not comfortable having my debt # out there and having 5 lines, I’ll be paying $25 more. Just curious if other phone options still use a CC for auto pay?

I use auto pay for insurance, Amazon, and Amazon Prime as well as 3 vehicles for the SilverStar automatic car washes. Nothing else since I really don't like auto pay that much.

check into RedPocket on E-bay for one time cheap rates!! be aware depending on location GSMT aka T mobile service may NOT work as it dont for my girlfriend at her house, so back to ATT go phone as she only needs it rarely!! $9.25 a month to talk-text + it rolls over BUT they DUMPED her big balance, only saying it was too much!!! basically stealing IMO

Get a junk checking account with $300 in it for these stupid things, preferably one you can easily send your real money to, either with ACH or zelle.

TMobile wants you to "not fight" their recurring costs. With a credit card you have more rights to fight.

The workaround to avoid the fee is to set up Autopay with a debit card, but then pay early (a week to 10 days prior to the due date) with a credit card. Once the payment is satisfied with the early credit card payment, the debit card Autopay will not pull.

The workaround to avoid the fee is to set up Autopay with a debit card, but then pay early (a week to 10 days prior to the due date) with a credit card. Once the payment is satisfied with the early credit card payment, the debit card Autopay will not pull.
My issue isn't the payment; it's sharing my debit card or account info with TM. Whether I "beat the payment" with a CC or not, I would have to give them my account/debit info to do it your way.

CCs have many protections that debit cards don't. I'd rather pay that extra $5/mo for the added protection.

My guess is people are Maxed out on there Credit Cards and T- mobile isn't getting paid but with Debit Cards ....... it's taken out of your checking account . Solution is getting another Debit Card and keeping 6 - 12 months of money in the account to cover the phone payment .

I received a text from t mobile today saying I’ll lose my auto pay discount if I don’t switch to a debt or bank account. And they want this done by tomorrow. I’m not comfortable having my debt # out there and having 5 lines, I’ll be paying $25 more. Just curious if other phone options still use a CC for auto pay?
Make sure it's really T-Mobile and not a scam. I always get goofy emails/texts like that and they are scammers.

My guess is people are Maxed out on there Credit Cards and T- mobile isn't getting paid but with Debit Cards ....... it's taken out of your checking account . Solution is getting another Debit Card and keeping 6 - 12 months of money in the account to cover the phone payment .
No-

Yeah, I was ANNOYED AS HECK about this. I never ever use my debit card for anything except going to an ATM.
However I gave them the number for auto debit, there is no reason to be uncomfortable other then if they are hacked you will have the experience of having to go through stuff you would not have to if it was a credit card.
The "uncarrier" has become like all the other majors now. It was a take it or leave it to their current customers. I really liked T-Mobile now I have no allegiance to them, they have some nerve.

One thing for you, NO way would I give them $25 more a month, it makes no sense. Just give them the debit card info.
Then down the road if you want you can switch to another company but there is no saying that this will not be the new norm for all companies now that they are doing it. You could also set up another free checking account online to keep a small amount of money in and use that debit card, this way you would feel more comfy and greatly limit any exposure.

(glad I thought this out, I happen to have another bank little used that I never closed out with a debit card that I can set up for TMobile)

BTW Someone mentioned Red Pocket, great company, cheap rates and you can choose from Verizon, TMobile or ATT network. Not to say they wont do the same thing someday.

I see this a lot. But, PenFed paid out $150 as a premium, to put the gas card on autopay, and from checking. that seemed like an excessive payment to get that done. I was already manually paying from checking. Some offer $10 lol

Back